PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel this way?!

WendyI
March 13th, 2014, 12:06 PM

I have SO had enough of winter! We had snow in early October!

Madeforyouinma11
March 13th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I'm with ya! I'm so ready to move onto spring. We keep getting teased with good weather and we could even see our lawn! Now it's gone again.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 13th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Oh yeah! Die, Snowman, die!

SallyO'Sews
March 13th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I wondered where all the kitchen knives had gone... I see someone has been putting them to good use! :icon_heh:

GuitarGramma
March 13th, 2014, 12:39 PM
Oh Wendy. I'm in California. I can't feel your pain. Except that in October, two of my (California) daughters moved to the Midwest, so they endured this cold, cold winter as their first taste of living-with-snow. It was pretty hard on them and, as a mother, my heart broke for them.

One daughter works for a film company, so they did a one-minute documentary on her experience. Enjoy!
First Snow - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruc8fFSBg7E)
With a follow up that ya gotta see:
What A Chicago Winter Does To A California Girl - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2N94gQR_2c)

WendyI
March 13th, 2014, 01:26 PM
LOL! Awwww...your daughter is adorable! And she's already not liking the cold! LOL! She wouldn't last long up here...that's barely a dusting of snow! Thanks for sharing...that made me smile!

GuitarGramma
March 13th, 2014, 02:10 PM
You know, having all you Canadian forum friends has really changed my perception of Canada. I think it must stem from my teenage years--when Canada was seen as a refuge from the Draft and the Vietnam War--but I used to perceive Canada as this sunshiny paradise. Now, hearing about the winters you endure, I've come to realize that you are a very strong people. Your winters are TOUGH!!! I always liked Canada, but now I think I've come to appreciate it more appropriately.

You Rock!

Precious1
March 13th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Wendy, I sooo agree!! I just hate the teasing weather. It was so warm yesterday some of the snow melted and I can see grass. Today it says it will go as low as -8c and possibility of rain and snow. Ugh! For now I'll enjoy the warm weather, lol.

BobW
March 13th, 2014, 03:22 PM
I have felt that way for some time now. I say put the d**m snowman under a heat lamp.

Ahamblin
March 13th, 2014, 07:14 PM
I am with you. We aren't that far from you in upstate NY and have a summer cottage in Dwight on Lake of Bays. I spent three hours this morning digging my car out from the storm yesterday. We have a plow contract for the driveway but the sidewalk and cars are ours. It was getting where I didn't have anywhere else to put the snow. Spring cannot come soon enough.

LorraineRob
March 13th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Ha, ha. She soon changed her tune Toni, bless her.

We've been lucky in the UK so far, at least where I live anyway. Lots and lots of rain and wind and some parts of the UK have been battered, but no snow here.

Simply Quilting
March 14th, 2014, 12:40 AM
I was overjoyed last night when I seen flowers starting to peek through the soil. Today was the first time since October that we had gotten to have our Thursday Park Day for the children. It was awesome to be outside.

ilive2craft2
March 14th, 2014, 12:49 AM
I am right there with you! Spring might actually show up at some point - or we will jump right into Summer!

GuitarGramma
March 14th, 2014, 02:32 AM
Ha, ha. She soon changed her tune Toni, bless her.

We've been lucky in the UK so far, at least where I live anyway. Lots and lots of rain and wind and some parts of the UK have been battered, but no snow here.
She sure did. It's pretty funny, isn't it?

Of course, I'm sitting here saying that from California where we've just had the driest winter in recorded history!

lawork1211
March 15th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I can't wait for the snow to go away. I'm in West Michigan, a couple of miles from Lake Michigan. I currently have at least 2 feet of snow across my lawn and I can barely find my front steps. This is not including the areas where the snow was piled to clear the driveway. Those piles are still like 4 foot high. I seem the remember that there was something under all that it that was green, but it was so long ago I'm not sure. We have sun right now, but not much is melting. Tomorrow night is supposed to be 6 degrees not including wind chill, but the next day is supposed to be 50 during the day. The way it is going, I won't find out what is under the snow till July!

easyquilts
March 15th, 2014, 07:51 PM
We are having a lovely day.....sunny, and not mild.... But tomorrow it there will be what the forecasters like to call a "wintry mix".. Yuck, we are SO ready for spring... It's bern a long, cold, snowy winter... And it is time for winter to GO.

Grandma G
March 15th, 2014, 08:08 PM

I have SO had enough of winter! We had snow in early October!

Hey Wendy - I bet you are sick of the snow!! I spent the first 20 years of my life in Rhode Island so know what that feels like. Last month we had a snow "event" as the TV weathermen referred to it and these photos were a result of said "event" in my yard. They closed all the surrounding school districts that day and some for the following day. I know, hard to believe. I do have to say that it was freezing temps for a few days and no one here knows how to drive on anything other than dry pavement.

New York Sue
March 15th, 2014, 08:25 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153866615900578&set=vb.781500577&type=2&theater
This about sums it up for me... ;)

BellasQuilts
March 15th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Oh, how cute is Melinda! Poor dear...she'll get used to it. LOL.