PDA

View Full Version : Sunday.....Good Morning!

Lola2Ace
May 22nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
I just wanted to get our day going, since the world didn't end yesterday! LOL LOL I remembered that Blondie was having her sleepover and miss her. I worked 1/2 day yesterday, then I stopped by a LQS that is closing and found some of the Awesome line, 13 of them (I can't find them anywhere else) so I bought 1 yd cuts of all, 40%off, and the owner threw in 2 fat quarters that I had found too, then came home and mowed for DH as he was helping oldest DD build some steps at her place and did a bit of flower planting. This morning I am cleaning up a bit in the sewing room and browsing MSQC for fabric. Now I need to get a bit more planting done, and my turn signal and brake light bulbs on my car replaced, before the rain sets in AGAIN! It's a beautiful morning so far though and the birds are singing their little hearts out.
I hope everybody has a great day!

Sandy Navas
May 22nd, 2011, 10:47 AM
You beat me here by a couple minutes, Lola!! I was beginning to think I was the only one not caught up in the rapture. That's a strange feeling, for certain.

We lucked out again last night as storms raged through our area. We did have the brunt of strong winds, but all in all it was mild compared to what others have suffered recently. It was really strange though - about 8 p.m. I looked out the window to the west and the sky was black as night yet the sun was shining and there were areas that were brighter than daylight. Absolutely stunningly beautiful. I went out to snap some pictures but the photos don't do it justice.

About eight months ago we were notified of the passing of a dear friend with whom we had worked overseas. Her internment was in a small town just north of us. I remember hugging her husband and telling him he'd sure miss her and he told me they had discussed her passing in detail since she was so ill. He was at peace because he knew she was no longer suffering. Last week he gave up his fight with loneliness and joined her. Today he will be interned at her side and we're off to the country to support the rest of the family. Sometimes people leave such deep footprints in your heart that their passing opens a tremendous hole. RIP dear friends.

Peace and prayers! Hugs and love!

quiltingtrish
May 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Good morning everyone!
I'm so sorry Sandy to hear about your friends. They certainly do leave a big hole in our hearts, but with friends like that - I'm glad that they were given to us for awhile even though it never seems long enough.
Well, the yard sale is over. Between the 3 of us, we made about $50 so it wasn't too bad. I brought home my John Flynn frame - I guess there were no sewers that stopped by, and also my cowboy hat. The rest of it went to Goodwill.
My girlfriend came Friday night and we enjoyed some laughs and got the truck all packed up. Up early on Sat. morning - headed to Dad's and had the sale. We also took a leisurely walk to her childhood home and had more laughs on the way. After the stop at Goodwill, we went on to the cemetary where her parents were buried and laid some beautiful silk flowers. Went to the resturant where my sister works to have a delicious dinner and on home again. This morning was a nice wakeup with cups of coffee and more laughs until she had to be on her way. Talked about planning another sale - perhaps before summer is over - it's fun to get together and gab the day away. Also spoke about what quilty projects are on the agenda.
A beautiful day yesterday with sunny skies and now overcast today with chance of rain. What is that? Rain? Oh well, nothing much to do about that but am still hopeful that I can get to Dad's later today and the grass is dried out enough from the morning dew to get it mowed.
Well, hope those with the allergies and sickies are feeling better today. Only one week to go before another month starts. Time flies too fast.
Hugs,

Chris48
May 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
Sandy, I'm sorry for your loss; sounds like your friend was someone we all should try to be, a good wife and friend. I'm so glad I was given another day, this morning things are much better and the allergies are slowly subsiding. It took a week but it seemed like month!
Now I'm ready to get back to the swing of things and get back to my projects. My sewing machine is probably feeling so deprived, this is the longest its not been turned on in a long while. Have a great Sunday, Chris

debinmalaga
May 22nd, 2011, 01:57 PM
Sandy, it sounds like your friends were very special and had a real love story... Sorry for your loss.

Started quilting my QFK girl's quilt, coming along splendidly. Rushed through my housework to get to sew :). Supposed to go grocery shopping but considering putting that off till tomorrow after work when the stores are less crowded.

Everyone here is complaining about the chilly, rainy weather, except for me... I know what comes next - heat! - and am in nooo hurry for the cool weather to end.

Mike finished the bookshelves for my sewing room and we got them put in. One project at a time, the room is coming along!

Wishing everyone a satisfactory Sunday!

toggpine
May 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Happy Sunday!
Sandy, Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It sounds like he will be welcomed home with much love.

My allergies are acting up today. So I'll take some stuff and head outside to deal with the day. It's not raining, so after I deal with the hay avalanche in the barn I'll try to get the new herbs into the garden. Apparently about 20 bales of hay fell off the hay stack, as reported by my husband.
Perhaps I'll even get to the sewing room today! Maybe. I might just take a nap on the couch if I could figure out how to convince the 5 year old that is a good idea.
Have a great day! Cathy

Lola2Ace
May 22nd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Sandy, I sure am sorry to hear of the loss of your friends, but rejoice in the fact that they are no longer lonely for each other. I know that you will continue to miss both of them, but I pray their memories grow stronger in your mind and heart and will bring a smile to your face sooner than later.
Sorry to hear of the allergy sufferers. I can only deal with them thanks to my daily dose of Allegra. I can't take the decongestants, but the 180 version doesn't have that and it gets me through.
I am still hoping to get something done in the sewing room. I had to make an unplanned trip to town as I got the wrong soil for container gardening yesterday. I took newspapers in to the recycling trailer on the way and will now get back to the business of planting. So far the rain is holding off and the sun is shining for the most part.....is it wrong of me to wish my planting would be rained out?? LOL Oh, well, the sooner I get moving again the sooner it will be done and then I can sew. I don't even have the new fabric out of the car yet!

janluna
May 22nd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Hello everyone, Sandy I'm so sorry for your loss of good friends. They are together again. I had the same happen to us a few years ago. They both had cancer and we lost them just months apart. It was hard. God bless them and you.
I just ordered 5 half hexagon rulers for my club. 2 of us have them so now the rest will too. July is my month to host. So I can demonstrate how it works and they can take one home. I love doing things like this for the girls. We have been together for a long time.
Guess I'd best get my roaster chicken in the oven for dinner. Love you all, Hugs, Jan

toggpine
May 22nd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Anybody seen my gumption? I swear it feels like all of my energy has been surgically removed. If anybody has seen my get-up and go, will you please let me know where it got-up and went? I need to get a few things done around here, but I'm having a hard time just staying awake! Thank God I don't have to drive anywhere today, I'd be in a ditch for sure! Maybe I'll go try an iced coffee. Caffeine and some sugar might give me enough of a boost to finish off a few of these simple chores!
Lola, I'm praying for a rain shower too, just for an excuse to sit on the couch and snuggle with Em, and get a nice nap!
Well, off to he coffee pot and back to it!
C

bakermom
May 22nd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Sandy, sorry about your friends. I pray they are at peace together.

Spent part of our sunny Sunday on the back porch, tossing balls for our very bored Lab. she doesn't understand why we aren't doing our daily walks. She looks so hopeful every morning, poor thing.
Tried sewing the apple cores together, have mixed feelings about them. They are going OK but not lining up as nice as i had hoped. i'm aiming for something small, like a lap quilt. I'll keep at though, things are bound to improve.

I have pork chops in the crockpot for supper, will make some sweet potatoes to go with them, maybe some green beans too.
if I work this right we'll have planned leftovers for Monday, too.

Mimis-quilts
May 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
good evening all...it was sunshiney and warm this morning, so we decided to take the boat out for a few hours...we only live 15 minutes from Lake Monroe...so we get over there, I unload the boat from the trailer, pick up DH after he parked the truck, we took off and not 10 minutes later a thunderstorm rolled in, so we made a mad dash to the boat ramp, Carl gets the truck and trailer and before he backs down the ramp so I can load the boat it starts pouring! By the time we got up to the parking lot I was soaked!!! We get home and of course the sun comes back out...we decided to give the boat a bath instead! Dinner consisted of bbq ribs, rice and vegis - it was tasty and now I'm a couch potatoe. Hope you all have a nice evening.

Sandy, sorry to hear about your friend...it is tough to lose a loved on...hang in there and know that there are many friends and family whom you can lean on if needed.
Pat

meemeecyn
May 22nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Sunday is most gone :( Sandy, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friends, especially so close together. I bet they are whooping it up together in a much better place.....
Cathy...sorry your energy 'got up and went'....allergies drain everything out of a person and it is especially bad this time of year. Sending warm thoughts your way.
Everyone, have a good week. Hope you all get a chance to sew or otherwise do something fun!

janluna
May 22nd, 2011, 11:39 PM
Cathy, if your weariness doesn't go away, get checked for anemia. I have it all the time and when I get especially tired I have to take iron. Just keep an eye on it, ok? Hugs, Jan

janluna
May 23rd, 2011, 12:02 AM
Gina sends her love and hugs. Love you all, Jan