PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Blondie
March 13th, 2014, 07:21 AM

Hello Folksies
Power is still flickering off and on here because of high winds last night and this morning. I need to heed the above quote before I start a rant on things I have no control over. LOL.
Hope everyone is safe and sound. Will check in later. This has taken me 4 tries to get online. I am going back to bed. When I wake up, I will have a smile on my face. And another cup of coffee.

buckeyequilter
March 13th, 2014, 07:41 AM

Have a wonderful day!

HandsomeRyan
March 13th, 2014, 07:42 AM
I'm at work this morning. We got lots of wind last night but kept power. Very cold though. From a high in the mid 60's yesterday to a low of 22. If you don't like the weather- wait a minute.

I am so tired. Little man got me up at about 9:45 last night but I got back to sleep but we got up again at 1 and I did not get back to sleep. Good thing he is cute. If I could, I'd go home and just do THIS all day:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/31114_zps99f73643.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/31114_zps99f73643.jpg.html)

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay warm (or cool) and happy quilting!

Monique
March 13th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Good morning everyone. We did not get any snow at all here but it is a frigid morning. Maizyn and I played lazy all day yesterday. She never got out of her jammies. It is very difficult to try and sew with her under foot. So I will have to wait another time to get her pants done. And her little dress of which she picked out the fabric for.

Today Poppa doesn't have to work, so I think we will do something with little Miss.

Well that is it for today. Have a wonderful day friends.

pcbatiks
March 13th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Good morning everyone and hope you all have a great day.

Ryan, I just have to say.......that is one tough looking pair of jeans that Sawyer is wearing! :D

auntiemern
March 13th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Good morning all. Glad you kept your power. I hear ya about the weather. 50* temp change here. Off to the state capital today to view youngest GD's artwork and her awards ceremony. 2 hr drive, 3 kids, yakky DD and sis...I will survive. Need to get ready and head out. Hugs and blessings to all.

Iris Girl
March 13th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Somebody needs to fix the weather ...although it could be worse. 59 on Tuesday, 47 yesterday and this morning 15 with a windchill making it 1. But no snow, rain or sleet . Happy for that. Ryan that is such a great picture with Sawyer! Enjoy. Hope everyone keeps power and stays warm/ cool as needed. Hugs for all. Off to work.

HandsOffItsMine
March 13th, 2014, 08:59 AM
I just told Don that I need a 3rd cup of Nespresso, the wind kept me up most of the night - Like so many of you! I don't even want to see the bags under my eyes. lol

Need to make a run to the store as I have two Special Warrior Elf requests that need to go out today. These came in last night and I try to get them sewn up the next day and out the door. Sadly Mom has requested an "Uplifting Card", no "Get Well Cards" as he has 6 months to a year prognosis, tough for a seven year old. Please say a prayer for him and his family.

Today will be taking count of the incoming pillowcases and crayon rolls and more sewing. Maybe some packing later in the day.

I'm hoping the winds will be done with.

Stay safe all. Huggers, Ruby

Bailey65
March 13th, 2014, 09:46 AM
It's still snowing here (Maine)! I am SO done with winter. Thank goodness I am heading South in a few days:D The weather this winter just seems to want to hold on it's supposed to be -10 to 5+ tonight.

I hope all of you are warm and toasty. Keep quilting and have a wonderfuL day!!!

dwil23
March 13th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Good Morning, everyone!

Ruby, that is so sad to hear about a seven year old in that situation. Bless you for taking special care to get a package out to him so quickly. I just can't imagine what his mother is going though.

Ryan, I've mentioned before about how you remind me of my Dad - and somewhere in all my pictures, slides, probably, I have a picture like like that of me with my Dad a "few" years ago. If (when) I find it I will have to try to share it with you so you can see what I mean. He is precious and these days will fly by. Trust me.

Stay warm everyone and have a Blessed Day.

MayinJerset
March 13th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Good chilly morning. Late start today, I was up at 6 and thought I'd catch up with the morning news on TV for a few minutes. Must have been boring news because I woke up an hour and a half later flat out on the couch facing the ceiling.

Nice to hear that Sawyer and Ryan are really bonding especially during the late night wake up calls, and the Maizyn and Monique are enjoying being together this week, congrats to Marilyn's DGD for her award winning art work and ending with a prayer for the 7 yrs. old Ruby is sending some Elf gifts to.

Sandy Navas
March 13th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Looks like another day on the quilting machine - it is very difficult for a 'Git 'er dun' woman to work with a 'it's got to be absolutely perfect' man . . . how did we last this long? It has been fun!

We had three giggling little girls entertaining us last night while we were trying our best to have some very much needed quiet down time. There's something about the belly laughs of the under 8 year old girls. Gotta love 'em.

Guess that's it on this corner of the world.

Mpyles
March 13th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Good morning...late start for me as well. Just can't get to stepping! Ahhh but I will....the business at work is awesome...but it wears on my aging body. Had club last night and sewed on a serger...goodness....nope I don't need one!!!

Ryan and sawyer...too cute!!! Enjoy your time! Sandy...love little giggles! Ruby..you are an angel among us!

Everyone have a great day!!

EnumclawGramma
March 13th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Good Morning! Thursday. This week is flying by! I had yoga and worked yesterday and also got my BLOCK!! Color me happy! I agree with everyone....it's a beautiful publication. I will keep it with my favorite quilting books for sure.

Yesterday was so beautiful and warm I felt like it was nearly Summer. Today it's cold and frosty again and rain is coming for the rest of the week. I wish Spring would make up it's mind and quit being so shy!

Today is housework. My house is a disaster. I mean it. I have dogs shedding like it's Spring, laundry piled up like I've got a houseful of toddlers. And the dust.....we won't even talk about the dust. Oy Vey. Today is housework. End of story.

Ryan.....thank you SO much for sharing the precious pic! And you said your wife doesn't take pics of you with the baby! HA!
Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay warm and dry. And SAFE!! Hugs/Prayers all 'round!

Simply Quilting
March 13th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Good Morning!!! I've been to the chiropractor already this morning. The weather is playing havoc with my migraines. Thankfully, the sun is shining and we are headed to Park Day today. First one of the year and I am so excited that the children get to be outside for a couple of hours today.

Then going to come home and work on a couple of projects. I started a mini quilt last night that I want to machine quilt. Then work on a couple of charm skirts.

Have a great day everyone :)

WendyI
March 13th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Blondie you never cease to amaze me...everyday you paste on a smile. You are my hero and the person I endeavor to become. Every time I get down I think of you and try and smile instead. I sure hope it works. Thank you for being such a bright light all the time! xox Today is my birthday so I'm going to do my very best to give myself a gift and be as positive as I can!

My DH had his tonsils and uvula removed last Thursday...so not much exciting going on other than trying to keep his pain levels under control. Today has been the worst day so far and he thinks he's going back to work next week! HA! NOT!

Ruby, I am sad for this 7 year old and it makes me so mad when doctors give a prognosis like that! They should never sentence a child....nature will run it's course and the child will be helped or s/he won't but to give a timeline on the end of a child's life just seems incredibly cruel to me. :'( I'm not sure what the "warrior" thing is that you are doing, but you're a doll for doing it. So kind.

Everyone else stay warm! It was minus 30 here last night with the windchill...I've pretty much had enough of this winter and they're telling us it could be mid April before we have any respite! Fingers crossed it's not THAT long! Have an awesome day everyone! xoxo

EmmaB
March 13th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Whoo Hoo! It's Thursday! Hey, had to be excited about something today. I slept til almost 6:30 this morning! I'm usually awake at least by 5. I guess the time change is catching up with me.

Adorable pic Ryan. Mini Coop is just so cute!!!!

Not a lot planned today other than working and going home. Mr. Sun is suppose to be out in full force today so that's a big plus.

Happy Thursday everyone!!!!

EmmaB
March 13th, 2014, 12:09 PM
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDI!!!!!!!!!!

rebeccas-sewing
March 13th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Should I clean before I leave on Sunday? My motivation to do so is very low. My younger daughter decided to have a garage sale and there is stuff all over the office and in our living room. I can't stand clutter and having to clean around it seems a waste of time. On a positive note I'm so happy she's getting rid of a lot of bins of toys, books, etc. that have been taking up a lot of space in our attic.

I can't get over the bad weather so many are still experiencing! Considering April is only a couple of weeks away it seems like warmer and better weather should be reaching most of you by now. I was in Palm Springs this past weekend. I thought about all of you when I was walking with my friends in warm and very sunny weather. I hope you get some similar days very soon. I'm sure many of you have cabin fever. When I reach the Netherlands it will be getting close to tulip season. I'm so excited to see these gorgeous flowers we've been hearing about all our lives. I'll try to post some pictures when the time comes.