PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who get Block electronically.....

bubba
March 13th, 2014, 02:05 AM
I have decided that this version may make more sense. #1 - less killing of trees (I was raised in Washington state, what do you expect?) #2 - I don't have to stalk the mailman and place him in fear of his life every other month.

Anyway, when you download it, does it show up on your kindle or iPad, or ???? I would like to be able to read it on my iPad and have it handy in the sewing room at all times. I have other quilting books on there and it's nice to be able to pull them right up when I want instead of searching the house for them.

Hope someone can shed some light for me.

Genny
March 13th, 2014, 02:10 AM
I don't know what the Digital Block Subscription will be like but I have Creative Machine Embroidery Digital and view it on my Computer and I'm not trilled with it at all. For me its harder to see then the regular magazine. Just my opinion...

raksmum
March 13th, 2014, 02:55 AM
I did get the digital version because it isn't delivered to Canada. I skimmed through it on my computer and I don't like it at all. Much prefer a magazine that I can flip the pages back and forth if I want to rather than scrolling. Sure hope they start to deliver to Canada as as I don't think I will buy another digital version.

Mchelem
March 13th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Yes. I opened mine in my kindle app for iPad.

SAS
March 13th, 2014, 07:38 AM
I recently got the digital version and I was able to open it on my ipad in the iBooks app. I prefer to have the digital copy of magazines so that I don't to have to wait for it too arrive.

songbird857
March 13th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I have some digital issues of quilty - awesome as it is, but I'm thinking of subscribing to the hardcopy because of the nature of any craft mag. Patterns, pics, illustrations to flip through. I know you can make it bigger on the screen, but I like having a 'real' copy for something like that.

WendyI
March 13th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I did get the digital version because it isn't delivered to Canada. I skimmed through it on my computer and I don't like it at all. Much prefer a magazine that I can flip the pages back and forth if I want to rather than scrolling. Sure hope they start to deliver to Canada as as I don't think I will buy another digital version.

Well THAT is disappointing! After all the excited posts I was going to order it...guess that's out now. :(

EmmaB
March 13th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Don't know where MY mind is......when I read the topic line I thought it was going to be about someone getting blocked from someone else's phone LOL

raksmum
March 13th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Well THAT is disappointing! After all the excited posts I was going to order it...guess that's out now. :(

The magazine itself is good. I just don't like to scroll through pages on my computer. If you don't have a problem doing that you should be ok.

RiverMomm
March 13th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I got it and it downloaded on my computer as pdf. I live in Canada, so this is the only way to get it for me. But, I think I prefer it on my computer instead of in paper. Gosh, the pictures are just so pretty.

Precious1
March 13th, 2014, 02:27 PM
I got the digital too. LOVE IT!! Yes I would love to have a paper copy because I like to flip through pager, but, I'm very happy with it. I figured if I have to, I'll print it.

LorraineRob
March 13th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I too got the digital one and I'm more than happy with it. Remember, that all the projects are vids on youtube, so you've plenty of backup if you need it. It makes for a pleasant hour at the pooter reading it.

Racing Nana
March 13th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Just got my digital version and it's great. I have a good sized monitor so it is an easy read.

raksmum
March 13th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Just a heads up for those that bought the magazine digitally (or had it mailed). Just saw a post on the forum that there is a correction to the Disappearing Pinwheel. It is on page 47 and 48 on the digital copy but looks like page 53 & 55 on the hard copy. It says to square block to 11 3/4" but it should say square to 12 3/4" as per the tutorial.

Andrea F
March 14th, 2014, 02:55 AM
I downloaded the digital version to my computer and transferred it to my ipad via itunes. Now I can open it in ibooks. Wasn't a problem at all.

Texas Jean
March 15th, 2014, 08:12 PM
I downloaded it to my iPad, and I love it. You can enlarge the photos for any detail it's hard to see, and you'll never lose your copy. I have been purchasing all of my books digital for a while now. I love that all of my library is in my purse.

bubba
March 15th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I finally figured out how to get it into iBooks this afternoon! It is now safely there. Hopefully, I will remember what I did so I can do it again when the new one comes out! I find nothing wrong w/the electronic version and it's so convenient!

QuiltingRN
March 16th, 2014, 02:05 AM
Got mine electronically and I can read it on my iPad in iBooks. Works great!

bubba
March 16th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Yes, it does work great, once you figure out how to get it into the iBooks!

Mchelem
March 16th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Yes, it does work great, once you figure out how to get it into the iBooks!

Mine has a button at the top right corner that says "open in" and when I touch it, it gives me options of iBooks, kindle and a couple of other apps I have.

Jeannie acton
March 16th, 2014, 06:17 AM
I put my copy in Dropbox so I can see it anytime anywhere. It's fab!

SandyWhite
March 16th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I got mine electronically and love it. I really don't like paper magazines anymore. Just more clutter. Easy to page through on my iPad. Saved it and can refer to it any time. And no whining about delivery. Ordered and got it immediately.

HandsOffItsMine
March 16th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Yep, think I'm going electronic. I only started to buy my favorite Authors in Hard Backs again now that we're on the Mainland after having to downsize in 2011 for the Hawaii move. Donated over 500 plus books and sold most of my beading/hobby books/magazines then. Been doing the Kindle Fire books/magazines and Library Down loads on my computer which is pretty nice, especially when my eyes are tired and I need the LARGE print. lol

Putting a copy in DropBox is a good idea, access from anywhere. :)

Klasien
March 16th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Where do you get the online copy??

I just can't find it :(

MRoy
March 16th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Klasien, here's the link: https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/17397/msqc/-/digital-download-block-magazine-winter-2014-vol1-issue-1

Where do you get the online copy??

I just can't find it :(

bubba
March 16th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I finally saw where that shows up, for about three seconds on the screen before disappearing! So the first time I missed it, I reopened it and sat there w/a hovering finger and was able to touch it before it went away.

Klasien
March 16th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Klasien, here's the link: https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/17397/msqc/-/digital-download-block-magazine-winter-2014-vol1-issue-1

Yeah, got it!
99 pages of fun.......now I have it opening in my IBooks on my iPad, so I can read it anywhere I want....like right now :)

Thanks Myrna!