PDA

View Full Version : Not so great day:(

RFREE
May 21st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hey all my Quilting buddies. Hope all is well with you all. For me not so good. Last Wednesday my daughter and I ate at a local Mexican restaurant and we both ended up sick with the diarrhea. Holly missed Thursday and Friday. I felt good Thursday morning and as soon as I got to work I started having severe stomach cramps so I rushed back home and all heck broke loose, Long story short I started passing blood Thursday afternoon and nothing but blood clots for the last 2 days. I have finally broke down and made an appointment to see the Dr.If it is e-coli it takes three days to get through your system and it has now been 3 days. I am worse. The pains have gotten bad this morning. Hopefully it isn't something major.Wish me luck!! Yall have a great weekend.
Rhonda

patticakes
May 21st, 2011, 12:47 PM
Oh no Rhonda!! I had food poisoning once and thought (wished) I could just die, but it only lasted one day. Can't imagine three days of it!! Better get to the Dr. soon, maybe the ER???
Take care and keep us posted!

mamaquilt
May 21st, 2011, 01:19 PM
Hi Rhonda,

My advise -immediately to ER. Had some fish poisening and it was really, really bad. In the ER I got an injection immediately and my breathing went slowly back to normal. The swelling on my legs still took some time to get back, the same as the color of my skin turned to normal after a day. I lost a lot of weight. Luckily I had a good reserve.
I was on sick leave for 3 weeks. I keep my fingers crossed and wish you a quick recovery.

bakermom
May 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM
If you think it is food poisoning don't mess around. It can really knock you out. Hope you do OK.

rebeccas-sewing
May 21st, 2011, 01:53 PM
Rhonda,

It looks like your message was written yesterday. Are you feeling better? I hope you got some professional help. Passing blood would send me to the emergency room!!!

EsGrandma
May 21st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Rhonda, Hope you have been to the ER by now and are on the mend - food poisoning is viscious! Hope to hear from you soon - please take good care of yourself. Linda

rebeccas-sewing
May 21st, 2011, 02:10 PM
Geez Louise!!! I'm worrying about Rhonda! I hope she'll be okay!

Mia
May 21st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hi Rhonda,
Sending you prayers and best wishes for a fast recovery. Hugggs, honey.

Marebear
May 21st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hey Rhonda - I hope you are feeling better, my thoughts and prayers are with you :)

debinmalaga
May 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hey Rhonda, hope you've been to the emergency room by now. Please let us know how you're doing.

Sandy Navas
May 21st, 2011, 05:46 PM
Prayers for a quick and healthy recovery!

meemeecyn
May 21st, 2011, 05:55 PM
So sorry to hear you are dealing with this, Rhonda. Having those symptoms makes everything in and on your body feel just awful. As a retired public health nurse, I would recommend you get tested as soon as possible. They should be able to test your 'stool' with an order from the doctor, even without seeing him. Some types have to be treated, others have to take their course. And depending on how much of the symptoms you have, it would be easy to get dehydrated...never mind the passing blood issue. The restaurant may be handling the food incorrectly so they should be checked out, too. (doctor or hospital would report to the Health Dept what the organism was) Take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better soon!

SuzyQue
May 21st, 2011, 06:34 PM
Rhonda---ditto on the other comments! I think an ER visit is needed! Please take care and get well soon! You are in my prayers!

Carol_Ann
May 21st, 2011, 06:37 PM
Boy, Rhonda ,,,,, time for your luck to change for the better! Do go to E.R. and get thoroughly checked out. So sorry .

kmaloley
May 21st, 2011, 07:44 PM
Rhonda,
Please get yourself to an emergency room. Don't mess around with something like this. Wishing you all the best.

RFREE
May 21st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks everybody!! I went to the Dr. today. Since it has been 3 days there was no need for a stool sample as the bacteria has already passed through me and has irritated my bowel real bad,hence the blood and blood clots and very painful belly. The Dr. gave me a real strong antacid to settle the digestive juices in my belly and of course suggested yogurt and a bland diet.If I am still passing blood Monday I am to go back and we will go from there. I think this will help me out alot. I tend to be quite stubborn when it comes to the Dr. but when my sister said what would Holly do without you? I got it. I got scared and I am a nurse for crying out loud!! Anyway I feel better already. Thank you all so much for your concerns. You are truly the best bunch of sewing buddies a girl could have. Hugs to all!!!

Mia
May 21st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Oh Rhonda, I am so relieved. I suspected it was all due to food poisoning but it's so much better knowing you did go to the doctor. Take care of yourself and get better ..... nursie ...lol
Thanks for the update and you're right, these quilting ladies are truly the best.

Sandy Navas
May 21st, 2011, 10:22 PM
Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, Oh what a relief it is . . . so pleased you are feeling better. Aren't those with a medical background the MOST STUBBORN>?>?

newbiequilter
May 21st, 2011, 10:34 PM
Glad you are on the mend. As a nurse you know how serious this could be. Glad your sister talked sense into you.

Sunnyok
May 22nd, 2011, 12:25 AM
That doesn't sound good at all, don't mess around! I hope you feel better soon, but if I were you I would be at the er not waiting to see my family Dr.

MaryB
May 22nd, 2011, 02:39 AM
Oooer - poor Rhonda and DD. Horrible, horrible thing to happen. Glad you are feeling better now and back on the mend again.

Hugs, Mary B.

patticakes
May 22nd, 2011, 07:20 AM
So glad you went to the Dr! Hope you are feeling better today.

quiltingtrish
May 22nd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Just seeing this - so glad you went to the doctor and starting to feel better. I mess around too when it comes to seeing the docs, I'm glad you went though.
Hugs,

Elaine
May 22nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Ronda, that's a nightmare, I know. I had food poisioning once. You should get to the ER asap. Good luck.

Susan M
May 22nd, 2011, 09:50 AM
Glad you are feeling better! Nothing worse than E-coli and the after effects. Take care.

lindaw724472002
May 22nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
Rhonda so glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to seeing your next pretty tote. Linda

Loonwatcher
May 22nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
Oh Rhonda. I've been away all weekend and am just now reading this. What an awful thing you've been through. So glad you are on your way to feeling better. This old mother hen says...next time don't wait to go to the Doc's. Besides the damage to your intestines, you could have become dehydrated too which can cause real problems.

Mimis-quilts
May 22nd, 2011, 09:14 PM
Well Ronda...glad you are feeling better and I assume your daughter is too. Yes, we nurses and other health care providers tend to procrastinate when it comes to going to the doctor...that's how my cold turned into pneumonia this past winter...and yes I caught heck for waiting too. I guess the moral of the story is...quit being hard headed and go to the doctor. ;)

RFREE
May 22nd, 2011, 10:29 PM
Thank you one and all. We are feeling much better today I even made another tote!! All your comments have brought a smile to my face for sure. I am a hard headed nurse for sure and I do need to learn to take better care of myself at least for my daughter who is my whole life. You are all like family to me and there is nothing I like more than sitting here reading all the goings on of everyone. The MSQC has really hit a home run when it comes to a perfect forum full of perfect people. I love you one and all. God bless you all. You are truly a very special group of friends!!!!

janluna
May 22nd, 2011, 11:54 PM
So glad you are feeling better! It is true, nurses, docs, PA's and paramedics make for awful patients. And because they are stubborn and cynical they usually wait to long and are the ones who get really sick before going to the docs. Been there, done that. God forbid we need an ambulance! We will ride in the back of a pickup in a snow storm before we go in an ambulance. LOL Hugs, Jan

sewsoft
May 23rd, 2011, 01:29 AM
Hope you are feeling better. We want you to sew with us for a long time to come.

sassyquilter
May 23rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
Praying for you! Get well soon.

Melanee
May 23rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
She might just be IN the hospital. I can only imagine her iron count and dehydration with such a horrible illness. My prayers indeed.

RFREE
May 23rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
She might just be IN the hospital. I can only imagine her iron count and dehydration with such a horrible illness. My prayers indeed.
No No I am o.k. still weak but on the mend. Thanks for the prayers!!!