PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday March 12

Blondie
March 12th, 2014, 07:03 AM

Happy Wednesday Folksies!

Can't believe that here we are in the middle of the week already. The past few days have been very busy for me and you know what they say about fun and time flying. I can't say that cleaning is fun but I can say that it is good for the mind and potentially the waist line. The weather yesterday was so fine that I really hated being inside, so I opened windows again and enjoyed the fresh air through dirty windows and screens. Nope. Not going there. They can stay dirty for awhile. It's amazing what a few sunny days can do for the soul. I noticed a bit of green popping up and tried to tell them they still need a blanket
Cold weather is on it's way once again and my heart goes out to y'all who are getting more snow.

My BLOCK "bookazine" arrived in the afternoon mail yesterday. I am duly impressed with the lovliness of it. I almost wore gloves and a face mask to keep from drooling and grubbing it up. Well done, Doans, well done.

I really have so much to be thankful for. I think I will write down some of my blessings this morning and do what I have done in the past. I like to write little notes and post them up around the house. Even the smallest little thing can make my blessing list. It helps me when I get in the dumps - generally at the end of a long day like today will be - and then I can smile again. How do you count your blessings?

Have a wonderful day folksies. Remember that Spring WILL come and smiles are always free and non fattening (unless you are shoving a peanut butter cookie in your mouth while sipping a fresh cuppa) At least my coffee is sugar free.

buckeyequilter
March 12th, 2014, 07:15 AM

Good morning....

Well winter is back....sounds like it's gonna be a nasty day for us. I think I'll just stay home and work on a quilt. I'm not worried about getting to work....it's the getting home later. I just hate driving on the ice and snow, the older I get the more I hate it.

I think I'll work on my Irish Chain quilt today since I have to go outside to get to my quilting room and I don't really want to run in and out in the rain, ice, snow.

I got my Block magazine yesterday and it is a beautiful magazine.

Well going to grab the phone and call off work and then head upstairs to work on the quilt.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

dwil23
March 12th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Good Morning!

Boy can I relate to that not writing it down and trying to remember. My memory of those kind of things has never been good. On the other hand - I have always been able to remember numbers - phone numbers, addresses, birthdates, even my DL# has been committed to memory for years. I used to work in a bookstore and had the ISBN# for most of the books we ordered memorized, as well as the vendor account numbers and their phones. But, try to remember a simple list of five things from the grocery, and FORGET IT! My two biggest problems with making lists are 1) I make all kinds of lists in my head, but when I try to put them on paper - can't think of a thing to write most times. and 2) if I do manage to scribble a list, I seem to always loose it before I get to the store. So, I guess you would say I am not a list maker.

Already started raining here and supposed to turn cool again tomorrow. I am off the next two nights and my goal is to get done with painting. I don't want to see another paint brush for the rest of my life!!! I am soooo tired of painting. And repainting. YUCK.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - stay safe and warm!

Bubby
March 12th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Good Morning All,

The white stuff is coming down. Its a wet snow and it's going to stick...drats! Yesterday I opened up the house to air it out and the breeze was so nice. The Girls took a sunbath on the chaise lounge with the breeze blowing on them. They were in Scottie heaven.

I will be working on more pillowcases for my DH again today. She will get her California license the 21st and can work right away. She had to wait for three months to get a testing and certification date.

My Block magazine came yesterday and it's more than I hoped it would be. These will be a permanent part of my sewing library. This publication and McCall's Quilting will be the only two quilt related mags I will take...well, maybe Quilty for a while for the fresh ideas for modern quilts.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Monique
March 12th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Good morning. Skies are overcast this morning. A little bit of snow coming our way.

Maizyn went sliding yesterday, just in our yard here, a very small little snowbank. But my goodness she had fun. We also went shopping for a few things. I bought her the cutest onesie pj with an owl on the bum. She looks so cute in it. She picked out a new dress, we bought underpants (cause Mom only sent two pairs). She wanted a little dalmation beanie baby and some bubbles.

We went to visit my friend as well. She sure tuckers me out by night time. But it is time well spent.

Have a good day everyone.

Shirley
March 12th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Morning everyone :icon_hi:
It has been warmer here and some days so lovely. Yesterday it was warm but the wind was horrific. 55 mile an hour gusts. Riduclious.
I have a little jar I've started that has some of my blessings written on colored paper. I have so many blessings and forget sometimes to write them down. We all have so much more than some.

Have a great day, I'm going to work on my Secret sister gifts.

Hugs,
Shirley

BobW
March 12th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Good Morning All,

The white stuff is coming down. Its a wet snow and it's going to stick...drats! Yesterday I opened up the house to air it out and the breeze was so nice. The Girls took a sunbath on the chaise lounge with the breeze blowing on them. They were in Scottie heaven.

I will be working on more pillowcases for my DH again today. She will get her California license the 21st and can work right away. She had to wait for three months to get a testing and certification date.

My Block magazine came yesterday and it's more than I hoped it would be. These will be a permanent part of my sewing library. This publication and McCall's Quilting will be the only two quilt related mags I will take...well, maybe Quilty for a while for the fresh ideas for modern quilts.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Sorry to hear you have that awful white stuff falling. It is colder and raining here, but luckily no snow.

Mpyles
March 12th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Good morning!

It's not snowing her either...just really windy!! Thankful for the no snow! Suppose to warm right back up tomorrow! Yay! I was out in the yard yesterday and saw the daffodils peeking up!

Work has been grueling so far this week...bad associates and ALOT of basketball players combined with spring break has made this much like a summer week...unfortunately not summer staffing...ah well...only 5 more days to go. I have sewing club tonight..the topic is sergers...I don't need anymore machines...

Blondie, your blessing notes is a great idea...how easily we forget when life gets tough! Gonna implement this here I think!

Monique...enjoy your week with maizyn!

Everyone have a great day!!

shermur
March 12th, 2014, 09:17 AM
The temperature dropped last night; it rained, lightning show, and snowed, but didn't stick! I will welcome the warmer climate further south when we move!

When I arrived home yesterday, the For Sale sign was in the front yard, the lockbox key holder on the front door and the listing is live on the web! Let the moving adventure begin!

Mpyles
March 12th, 2014, 09:19 AM
The temperature dropped last night; it rained, lightning show, and snowed, but didn't stick! I will welcome the warmer climate further south when we move!

When I arrived home yesterday, the For Sale sign was in the front yard, the lockbox key holder on the front door and the listing is live on the web! Let the moving adventure begin!

Sherri...lol northern arkansas has not faired well this year...lots of icy roads!

Mom23
March 12th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Good morning all. Blondie, I know what you mean with memory. I tell my kids that I'm worried at times I am getting Alzheimers.

Snowing here but I don't look for it to stick around for long. The temperature has dropped 50 degrees from yesterday. I'm headed to the gym then taking two quilts to my quilter. I'm starting a new quilt tomorrow when I meet up with my quilting friends. It's the Layer Cake II by Camille Roskelley. The fabric is Scrumptious. Today I will finish up some curtains for my MIL and clean my sewing room. Spring will be here be here soon!!!!

Sandy Navas
March 12th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Chiming in with my weather report. 70+ here on Monday. Yesterday it was in the high 50's and about 3:30 started dropping dramatically. And the wind started. By 4:30 we had light rain, hail, thunder and lightening, wind, rain, thunder and lightening, WIND, heavy rain, and then the wind stopped and the light rain continued until close to midnight. The sun is up and almost out - temps in the low 30's with mid 40's predicted. We escaped the snow.

Recent blessings here include finally getting my Burb in and repaired, fixing the quilting machine (when DH wasn't there telling me I was going to mess it up), finishing the Quilt from Hades and getting it off my UFO pile, making plans for future projects. Oh, and I forgot, having hugs and giggles with the girls and getting some 'me-time' in with the little man. He's a heart-throb for sure. Also busy planning some special 'gifties' for the girls at the October retreat. Watch out, I can be dangerous behind a sewing machine . . .

So, that's about it on this side of the forum.

HandsOffItsMine
March 12th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Sorry for all you that are getting icy/snow weather. We had a couple nice days of sun and now last night the rain has returned! UGH...my body doesn't like these radical up and downs. Fibro/Migraine/RA folks know what I'm talking about.

Late afternoon I found out that the approval process takes 7-10 days on the lease house! Here we thought that last year was just that company's poor work process. Nope, that's how it's done in Georgia in general. This is our 5th state, slowest process. Our realtor said "We move slower here." I told her, "If Martinez Property Management took my $170 application fee I might buy that. But Georgia is not connected to Mexico, so Maņana, Maņana shouldn't apply." lol

I've been praying to God that He will bring a quicker positive answer. This house has a finished basement with two rooms next to each other. One for sewing with a long closet for fabric and the other big square room is great to hold Cyber Elves Give Back finished Pillowcases, Warrior Elf Goods, NICU Blankets, NICU/PICU Quilts, Keiki Clothing, Chemo Caps, Shipping/Packing Materials, etc.

Any prayers, good Karma, thoughts, mojo would be greatly appreciated. :D

Meanwhile, Don picked up boxes and wrapping papers and I will clean, pack and note on my spreadsheets - a little bit each day and sew for the Cyber Elves Easter Drive to keep myself from freaking out as we wait.

Be safe out there in this crazy weather! Huggers, Ruby

MayinJerset
March 12th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone, No bad weather here so that's one blessing for today. Got to get ready for my trip Lancaster PA for the show. Anyone else going?

A group of internet quilting friends have been meeting there for over 10 years for the show, shopping, hanging out with each other and Show and Tell on Friday night. Our motel has a small diner next door and we get free use of their downstairs conference room. I used to go for a few days with my friend Elaine but these old knees can't take it any longer so I come up on Friday and stay overnight giving me just enough time to hit a few of my favorite fabric shops.

EnumclawGramma
March 12th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Good Morning! Wednesday already! Wow. The time is flying so fast I can barely keep up with it! My Mama warned me about this....

Sunshine yesterday and more today! I could get used to this. It is cold tho. There is a frost out there. But as long as the sun breaks out all is well.

Still no Block magazine for me ;-/
Yoga and volunteer work at the gift shop today. This could be my last day of training before they cut me loose on my own. I think I've got this. It's fun.....but I find myself wanting to buy things. This isn't a paying job, I keep telling myself over and over....

So tickled I got my new glasses and can now sew and read without trouble. I started a book yesterday and have spent some time in my sewing room. I think I may just get to the bottom of my UFO pile!! I love being able to see. Adding it to my "blessing's list" Blondie!

Speaking of counting your blessings....I do that instead of counting sheep. It works. Try it.

That's it for me. Have a wonderful Wednesday and SMILE. Hug someone, even if it's a random stranger! It's good for you! Prayers/hugs to all who want/need!

MRoy
March 12th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Good morning! Hitting the road this afternoon to go to the Bonnie Hunter quilt class. It's a 60 mile drive on good roads...so not bad if the weather cooperates. We've got light wind and rain showers now and the temps are dropping. I feel like I've packed everything but the kitchen sink, but I probably forgot something. Oh well...
Wishing everyone a great day!

EmmaB
March 12th, 2014, 12:28 PM
A blustery north wind blew me into work this morning but I was so thankful that it wasn't a bitter cold wind. The March winds have arrived. When I took the pups out this morning, I braced myself for a bitter cold wind and when I opened the door I was a little surprised that it wasn't real cold. My shoulders and back relaxed instantly. For me that is the worst part about winter. My whole body tenses up every time I have to go outside and I end up walking around like that all day. Thankful THANKFUL that the wind was not so cold today.

And memory? What memory. Mine has taken a hike lately. I don't lie to myself any longer and I write everything down.

I love it that EnumclawGramma does yoga and my hats off to you. My sister and I signed up for 3 days of yoga while we are on a cruise in January and I thought I was gonna die!!! Holy cats that is tough. 'Course it would probably be a lot better if we would have been more familiar with everything and had an instructor that didn't have such a heavy accent. I watched the chick beside me most of the time to see what her position looked like. She seemed to know what she was doing.

Been in a little bit of a funk lately. Mostly concerns my future. I will have been at my present job 24 years in April and I'm so burned out. Its time for a change. I've been keeping my ears and eyes open for something else. I've lived in the same county all my life and sometimes I think I may want to relocate. Maybe if I win the lottery I can move to Tybee Island. I LOVE that place. One can dream can't they?

Happy Day to everyone!!! Surely spring is around the corner.

toggpine
March 12th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Good Morning!

We aren't talking about the dirty windows Blondie! Yesterday's sunshine nearly drove me to wash them all, but pollen season is nearly here and they'll all be green/gold in a few more weeks and I'd have to do it all over again!

I found some great buttons at the quilt shop last weekend and tried to tuft Em's chair cushion with them, but apparently, I chose the wrong stuff to tie them with. I thought the craft floss would do the job, but I guess not. I will try again with the button twist I dug out of the bottom of my sewing basket. Hmm, button twist. I bet THAT will work! Sheesh! :icon_shake:

Once the fog burns off, I'll be out in the garden. We need to get the trees & the raspberries pruned. We are a bit late on those, but we weren't planning a hard prune on either this year, so they will be fine.

I picked up a few quilt magazines at the library before our weekend trip and now I have more ideas dancing around in my head. Great, like the list of quilts I want to make wasn't already long enough. I had better get them sketched out before they wander off like my grocery list!

You all have a great day!
Hugs, C

Simply Quilting
March 12th, 2014, 01:18 PM
We were out yesterday afternoon playing in the park and you could just feel the temperature dropping and the wind continuing to pick up. We left the park and came home. I went to bed for a bit as my fibro flared big time. We basically had the same thing as Sandy. Today we have sunshine.

I was pleased with the children and how the pillows turned out yesterday. The children were very well behaved and patient as they waited their turn at the sewing machine. I think they have all decided that they each need to make a quilt as their next project.

I think I will work on sewing up the Irish Chain blocks today. I would have liked to go have gone to the Phoebe Quilt in a day but that didn't work out this time. I have plenty to keep me busy at home.

Have a great and safe day :)

kensington
March 12th, 2014, 02:37 PM

I know! Was it crazy or what? 75 yesterday and sleet and snow last night! Today it's cool but sunny. Wow.... Missouri weather.

CountryHut
March 12th, 2014, 03:49 PM
it's a beautiful day in NE Florida - the March winds are roaring
have most of my ''things to do'' list for the day completed -- just waiting on the daughter to come and french braid my hair and then I'm out the door -- the car needs a bath - have to pick up supplies on the other side of town and then dinner with the girls

so we're off and running

ya'll . '''Make it''' it a great day