PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again....

Genny
March 12th, 2014, 12:40 AM
Yesterday it was 65 degrees...tonight its been thundering, lightning and now the wind is blowing and its snowing so hard we can't see the street out front of our house. We're supposed to get around 4 inches and this snow is SO wet! DH is going to have a hard time plowing in the morning....good thing the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 40s and 50s. Welcome to Iowa...:0

ilive2craft2
March 12th, 2014, 12:45 AM
I am in Central IL and it got to 59* today and is currently 35* - we are supposed to get rain and then snow - 5 to 7 inches.....I keep hoping they are going to be wrong - I am so sick of snow!!! However, we are supposed to be back into the 40's on Thursday, so hopefully, this round won't last long!

Genny
March 12th, 2014, 12:48 AM
I really wish it was day light so I could watch it...it looks like it would be a beautiful snow.

ilive2craft2
March 12th, 2014, 12:54 AM
They just posted some wind advisories here.....nothing but wind yet, but radar shows it getting closer, but still rain. Maybe the temp will stay high enough for awhile, so that we get less snow? Guess I better head to bed, I need to get up early to shovel out the driveway.........ugh!

Marty
March 12th, 2014, 01:00 AM
I'm in Michigan. They are predicting 7-10 inches by tomorrow morning. Today's temps hit 45. Guess we're not alone. Crazy winter.

BobW
March 12th, 2014, 01:03 AM
In central MO, we are supposed to get rain and snow mix. It is lightening and thundering. It was 84 today and already down to 46 now. Hopefully this is getting close to the last winter blast for all of us.

ilive2craft2
March 12th, 2014, 01:10 AM
It has started thundering here. Hoping it stays rain longer than they think it will...... :)

Lindagie
March 12th, 2014, 01:11 AM
I'm in Illinois; high 70's today; just had a thunderstorm and rain; temp dropped; supposed to get some snow by morning. I doubt if we get much or that it will stick around for long. That is my hope anyway. The past two days have spoiled me and I am more than ready for Spring.

easyquilts
March 12th, 2014, 05:20 AM
I live in the Cincinnati area.... We got up to 74 Tuesday, but it's just 49 now, and getting colder....there is a high wind warning,,, this means my Chi's can't go out... They might blow away... The smallest only weighs 5-6 pounds..

Snow is coming.... again...but I don't think there will be much accumulation, because the ground us warmer now.

Yesterday was such a tease....

SandyWhite
March 12th, 2014, 06:36 AM
I'm in Toledo Ohio and we are waiting on 8 inches of snow. Will this never end.

Marty
March 12th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Update from Michigan - schools are canceled due to snow and icy road conditions. Another day to make-up in June.
And darn. I knew I should have gone to JoAnns yesterday to get binding fabric.

songbird857
March 12th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Supposed to go from 46 today to 13 tonight with a winter weather advisory here in Massachusetts....sigh.

Meghan Plamondon
March 12th, 2014, 09:23 AM
They are saying 40 cm for us (= about 16-18 inches), with very strong winds, so schools are closed already even though not a flake has fallen yet. They say it will come down hard and heavy, so Im glad I picked up lots of material last yesterday.

Ahamblin
March 12th, 2014, 09:47 AM
We are expecting up to 24 inches today with blizzard warnings. Really hope this is the last storm this season. Thankful all schools are closed. My son and dil are teachers and I worry when they have to drive in this stuff. Will be spending a lot of time sewing. Fingers crossed we don't lose power.