PDA

View Full Version : For Marilyn, Ruby, Blondie, and others...

SallyO'Sews
March 11th, 2014, 12:52 PM
... who donate quilts and other hand-crafted items to those less fortunate: This just made me weep:

Deeper with Jesus in Rhode Island: How a Quilt Became a Life Raft (http://loristanleyroeleveld.blogspot.com/2014/03/how-quilt-became-life-raft.html)

God's richest blessings on you all.
~ Sally \0/

dwil23
March 11th, 2014, 12:58 PM
What an awesome story. Thanks for sharing...

Quiltfreestyle
March 11th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Wonderful! Thanks for sharing. :)

Bubby
March 11th, 2014, 01:25 PM
This is beautiful, Sally. This is a real glimpse into the heart of God. Thank you...

auntiemern
March 11th, 2014, 01:36 PM
Sally, thank you so much for sharing that story. I pray that I never stumble in my desire to cover the kids with quilts. This brought a tear to my eye.

Madeforyouinma11
March 11th, 2014, 01:40 PM
What a great story. Thank you for sharing.

dwil23
March 11th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I am revisiting this thread because I have been really convicted by it. I have lots of "charity quilts" in my to do pile. It is easy to send them to hospitals for sick children (Marilyn) and to Blondie's COC group. I have had to ask myself, " if I knew my fabric and hard work was going to be used where it might not be taken care of, or by someone who would put it on the ground and get it dirty, would I be willing to send it anyway"?

I think the lesson in this is that the people - adults or children - who may be touched and influenced by the kindness of strangers are so much more than the fabric and time that we put into making a quilt. And our "sacrifice" may be what influences them in a positive way. I say "sacrifice" because I have to question if it really is a sacrifice for us to make quilts to give away. Let's be honest, we are all here because we LOVE the process of making a quilt, after all.

Thanks again for posting, Sally. I think I couldn't sleep because I needed to read this.

EnumclawGramma
March 11th, 2014, 02:08 PM
This touched my heart beyond measure. Thank you SO much for sharing it!

MomGram
March 11th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Wonderful and inspirational. Thank you for sharing.

MayinJerset
March 11th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Wonderful, thanks for sharing.

Sandy Navas
March 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
WOW! One of the reasons we keep stitching.

HandsOffItsMine
March 11th, 2014, 03:37 PM
(((Sally))) thank you for sharing this beautiful story. When we were on Oahu, the Keiki of Waianae responded like that. These children in the beach camps mostly slept under towels, not blankets. Most had never seen a quilt, not even a Hawaiian quilt. Even a hard core Vietnam Veteran like Don couldn't hold back his tears when handing out a quilt to a Keiki who was over-joyed with his own "blankie". :)

Cyber Elves will be expanding their working with Foster Care Children and Homeless Children in 2014 as well as Hospital work.

Thank you for your sewing work for the various M* groups.

Huggers, Ruby and Don

Iris Girl
March 11th, 2014, 03:45 PM
What a beautiful story, thank you for sharing. I agree this is why we keep stitching and I too had a tear in my eye after reading this.

songbird857
March 11th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Wow. My 19yo dd cried too...

Sheena
March 11th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Thank you for posting this. No tears here. Stiff upper lip and all that. Make a quilt pass it on to the needy, job done.

Rhealene
March 11th, 2014, 05:12 PM
This touched my heart also and also inspired me to continue the path God has shown me to follow...

Andrea F
March 12th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Wonderful and touching story, thanks for sharing.

Marty
March 12th, 2014, 06:52 AM
... who donate quilts and other hand-crafted items to those less fortunate: This just made me weep:

Deeper with Jesus in Rhode Island: How a Quilt Became a Life Raft (http://loristanleyroeleveld.blogspot.com/2014/03/how-quilt-became-life-raft.html)

God's richest blessings on you all.
~ Sally \0/

If this was in the MSQC essay contest I think it would win. Thanks for sharing these beautiful words.

Blondie
March 12th, 2014, 07:05 AM
I am humbled. Thank you for sharing.

Carolyn23
March 12th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Truly lovely!

lilmouse
March 12th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I am humbled. Thank you for sharing. I am as well....beautiful story!