PDA

View Full Version : Hanging Nite Owls

Hulamoon
March 11th, 2014, 04:05 AM
I had to go into town today and sat in my car for a moment. I looked to the left and then to the right and was looking at what people hung on their rear view mirrors. A lot of people hang leis here, fake and real. I have a crystal that was a necklace that my dd added some beads to. The last one I had someone stole. :(

Do you have something special hanging in your car?

Hawaii Roxy
March 11th, 2014, 04:13 AM
I have a visor clip its metal angel and inscribed it says "moms guardian angel" My husband has one that says "dads" our oldest son gave them to us before he left for his 1st deployment, he wanted to leave us something to remind us of him everyday hes such a sweet kid

Iris Girl
March 11th, 2014, 05:34 AM
yes I have a small crystal birthstone angel I made from a kit for my mom, when she passed I hung it on my mirror in the car. It has been there for 20 years . I just feel its my mom guarding me as I drive. Weird huh?

bkthomas
March 11th, 2014, 07:04 AM
yes I have a small crystal birthstone angel I made from a kit for my mom, when she passed I hung it on my mirror in the car. It has been there for 20 years . I just feel its my mom guarding me as I drive. Weird huh?

No, not weird at all!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 11th, 2014, 09:03 AM
I bought my Scion last year from the most helpful and fun salesman. He is Chinese/Filippino. He gives all his customers a darling little yarn doll and hangs it on the light stem. It will be on my car for as ling as I own it to remind me of him, he has become a good friend!

MayinJerset
March 11th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Just my Handicap sign when needed. I do have a angel in the glove compartment. DH has the tassel from his college graduation hanging in his van, he graduated in his 60's so it has a special meaning to him.

Haven't been posting much as a Night Owl lately, I'm still waking up during the night but have been so tired that I've been going back to sleep pretty quicily.

Sandy Navas
March 11th, 2014, 09:43 AM
A little bitty sock monkey . . . and a silver-back gorilla doll.

QuiltingRN
March 11th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I have an antenna ball nurse, and a pink and brown feather warrior from Hawaii.

EmmaB
March 11th, 2014, 11:13 AM
My daughter and I share a car and she has a fake lei and lots of beads. Drives me nuts.

Leah53
March 11th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Phew, thought this was about hanging us night owls, I was going to strongly object.

My granddaughter got her license last Sept, in Oct she got a speeding ticket, going 80 in a 65, besides a stern lecture I also gave her an angel visor clip that reads, "never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly".

Miss Sheri
March 11th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Just my parking pass, and an air freshener. . . pretty dull.

turena65
March 11th, 2014, 11:27 AM
I guess I'm in the minority here.... I can't stand anything hanging from my rear view mirror, I find it far too distracting. I hang my daughter's handicap placard when I'm parking and she's with me. Otherwise the only decor I have is a cute antenna ball from Disneyland! :)

toggpine
March 11th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Nothing hanging from the mirror either, nor stacked up on the dashboard.
On the passenger visor I have a ladybug air freshener clip that holds our parking pass for the Childrens Hospital Speech & Hearing building.
I also have a peacock feather fluff we found at a friends farm, tucked into the edge of the moonroof molding. It is such a pretty blue & green. It makes me smile remembering when Em & I found it and she was amazed at how it sparkled. Then she found a few big tail feathers and that was a whole 'nother level of amazement. It is fun looking at the world through the eyes of little kids.

My car doesn't have a normal antenna. It has a stubby do-hickie that wouldn't hold an antenna ball. I had to put my Glitter MickeyMouse-Ear antenna ball on the stake in my orchid

cyndiofthevortex
March 11th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I have an anxiety disorder and any kind of peripheral motion makes the anxiety flare up. So, nothing for me! My biggest problem is with a nice friend who has a cross with many beads on it hanging on her rear view mirror. Not a rosary but sort of. It swings wildly while she drives. It makes me feel seasick when we finally get to where we're going!