PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning, it's Friday

Blondie
May 20th, 2011, 07:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/--DandelionWishGodBlessFWC.jpg

Happy "The Weekend is almost here" day. It promises to be a lovely weekend.

All the dirty talk yesterday about poo, pets, gardens was quite refreshing. It got me to thinking of many life lessons I have learned over the years. I am thinking of blogging on some of these soon.

Sandy, I used to have a rabbit and loved it so much. I had some rabbits for the children when they were younger, along with the chickens and goats. My home made hutch was a great accomplishment for me, pre-Luscious Larry days. I do miss their droppings. Have always wanted a flock of sheep, Luscious and I were seriously considering them, even to visiting farms to purchase when my folks health began to require so much time.

Cats in the garden? I keep my kitty in the house for her safety and for my sanity. We do get strays here in the country, steathily sneaking around. So far they keep their distance and receive no encouragement from us. I don't know what advice to offer except possibly some Safer products could be out there, as Cathy mentioned.

Ladies, I am lookjing forward to some warmth and sun this weekend. Our veggie plot needs it to start really get going stronger. As much as I don't look forward to the heat waves of summer for many reasons, I do enjoy my garden. The next few weeks
Sis and I have our work cut out for us. We are still taking turns between our yards and Mom's. Slowly but surely, inbetween the rain and drizzle and in the gloomy stuff, we have continued to weed, weed, weed. Plus transplant, begin roots, etc. I am most excited about this because we have been faithfully following the signs of the moon from our almanac for setting seeds, weeding, rootings, etc. And I must say we are greatly encouraged! I've had success over the years but it has been mostly sporadic with some species. this year I am having success with over 95 per cent! Stellar!

Have a wonderful day!

Monique
May 20th, 2011, 08:13 AM
55095509Good morning Blondie, sure sounds like you are busy. Well today I am going to go to my son's place to pick up his fiance and the two little ladies. Only 8 more sleeps until the wedding. They will be staying all week. You might not see me on here much next week. I finished the ring bearer pillow finally and it turned out really nice. The picture does not do it justice, because of the black satin. But I embroidered the centre with light blue and the ribbon is blue as well. Have a wonderful weekend everyone, it's a long weekend here.

llm161
May 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Happy Friday ! Here is PA, we are feeling just as soggy as the rest of the east coast. Geez, sometimes I feel as if my feet are rooting to the ground. At least that explains my lack of energy. LOL!

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and sunny (with "some" clouds"). I do have to work at the nursery so I can't be in my garden but at least I'll be outside . . . counting flowers. The perennials are really beginning to pop and the annuals . . . what can I say . . . they are beautiful.

Summer is just around the corner and all I can say is that I'm ready for it !

Note: My blog has switched from quilting to gardens for the summer but I'm sure it will swing back and forth as the days pass.

quiltingtrish
May 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm off today and getting ready for my friend coming and a yard sale tomorrow. Bet you'll all be glad when the sale is over so I can stop talking about it. You'd think I would have a zillion things to sell, but really might just fill a few boxes. Looks like the rains are still here - supposed to stop tonight sometime. Hope so - need to pack up the truck tonight.
Just going to be hanging around here doing this and that again. So, will probably check in later.
Linda - your photos on your blog look great! Love your pets too.
Gotta run - have to hit the shower before DS does or it will leave me with no hot water - can't have that.
Hugs,

Loonwatcher
May 20th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Another soggy day here. I'm really getting sick of this.

Monique - the pillow is so cute. What a lovely touch.

Looking forward to my LAQ class tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a finished project to show you at the end of the weekend.

Have a great week end. Praying for sun,

NM Lady
May 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Good morning ladies! The pillows are beautiful. Next weekend I'm supposed to take a machine quilting class at the quilt shop. The quilt shop I normally go to was supposed to have ordered a darning foot for my machine, but it has not come in, so took a chance and ordered it on line. Maybe one of them will come in before the class. The quilt shop ordered it over a month ago.

It is supposed to be a nice day today without wind (ha, we'll see). Well have to get ready to go to work. Hope everyone has a blessed day.

God bless and take care.

sewsoft
May 20th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Hi everyone:icon_wave:

debinmalaga
May 20th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Morning all! Monique, the pillow looks great, bad picture or no bad picture. Sewsoft, love your new avatar, very cute! Trish, Mike and I are talking about doing a yard sale sometime soon, we've never done one before so we're babes in the wood LOL.

Here's hoping our soggy sisters (me included) dry out, and that our rain goes somewhere it's needed.

meemeecyn
May 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Still wet and dreary here in NH, but the lawns are really green and the lilacs have bloomed! Love your notes, Blondie....all of them! Nice pillow, Monique. What a nice thing to do. Good luck with the yard sale, Trish. Lotsa work, but it'll give you spending $$$$ for more fabric, right? Have a great weekend, Ladies.

toggpine
May 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Howdy!
I got the last border on the quilt top! Yeehaw! Now I can get on to something else. Probably back to the wedding quilt that is sitting in the corner staring at me!
I shall put together the backs for the two quilts together first. I am trying to keep the fabric purchases to the minimum so I'll be piecing the backs.
I'm off to paint a bathroom for a friend. I hope to get in to the garden a bit this evening after the farm chores at both places. The rain is supposed to be coming in this evening, so I want to get the new herbs in before then.
You all have a great day!
Cathy

sewsoft
May 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Hi again, I'm down today so I though I'd bake with my girls and add something fun to our school day. I'm sending cupcake scents through the computer to everyone. I just baked vanilla cupcakes with my two girls. They are loving the smell of cupcakes (I don't bake often because I can't eat wheat) But why have my girls go without so we baked today and I also did a batch of gluten free cupcakes for me. Now I'm off to make the icing:icon_woot:.