PDA

View Full Version : The end of winter, hopefully!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 9th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Last vestage on my back deck!

Bailey65
March 9th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Oh Jean, lucky you!! I hope your right :) we still have 12-18 inches on the ground (Maine). We are leaving on vacation next week to a warmer place. I am hoping that when we get back the snow will be gone :D

SewingBuddy
March 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Hopefully the only snow we see will be in a snow cone and any groundhogs I come across will be enticed to relocate in Miami Beach!

cyndiofthevortex
March 9th, 2014, 06:27 PM
They are predicting 10-plus inches of snow here in New England for Thursday. Help us! Help us!

songbird857
March 9th, 2014, 06:42 PM
They are predicting 10-plus inches of snow here in New England for Thursday. Help us! Help us!
noooooooooooooooooooooo (we'll see if it gets far enough south to hit us...)

Jean Sewing Machine
March 9th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Crazy winter! It just won't quit! Hopefully that 10" forecast is WRONG!

tamsterg7
March 9th, 2014, 10:05 PM
I am with you Jean! Wasn't today just beautiful here - and they say near 70 tomorrow! Sooooo ready for the warm up!

PeggyM
March 9th, 2014, 10:39 PM
I heard the robins this morning. Hopefully, spring is in the offing.

Kgrammiecaz
March 9th, 2014, 10:40 PM
My granddaughter and her friends think our cold spell is done. They went in the pool yesterday. I was shivering just thinking about it. The kids dont care though

CraftyBarb
March 9th, 2014, 11:14 PM
We still have some snow on the ground here. I am tired of chopping the ice, hopefully it will all melt soon. Can't wait for spring so I can finally have the windows open once again.

Simply Quilting
March 9th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I'm excited for it to warm up. The hubby took the children and dog for a walk today. It was so nice out.

Genny
March 10th, 2014, 12:44 AM
We lost a lot of our snow today and with forecasts of 65 tomorrow maybe we'll lose the rest of it!

ren29
March 10th, 2014, 02:06 AM
Our snow has melted the past few days and we're supposed to have a high temp in the 60s Monday!! I'm focusing on that and ignoring the forecast that calls for temps in the 30s Tuesday and snow possible on Wednesday. Oh, how I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind LOL This weekend was so enjoyable and I'm SO grateful to have been able to get out of the house for some actual fun :)

stationarymom
March 10th, 2014, 02:19 AM
we still have a good foot on the ground and possibly more this week we'll see

MayinJerset
March 10th, 2014, 04:10 AM
We still have some snow on the ground here. I am tired of chopping the ice, hopefully it will all melt soon. Can't wait for spring so I can finally have the windows open once again.
Here in my part of Jersey the snow is almost completely gone, just big piles of dirty snow in the parking lots of shopping centers. I even saw a little bird pecking for good in our garden and DH said he saw a robin the other day so although I won't say Spring is here it certainly is on its way.

Iris Girl
March 10th, 2014, 05:35 AM
wish ours was disappearing faster. We have had 2 40 plus days in a row and today will be the same so we are getting a lot of meltdown...I can almost get to my clothesline to hang clothes outside again!

WendyI
March 10th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Wow...so very jealous! We had snow so early last year (and a lot of it) that I never got to put my deck chairs away...it never let up for me to do it either. I STILL can't see my chairs on my deck! And they're telling us to not expect a reprieve until April! Can I come stay with you?! SOOOO very tired of winter!

Madeforyouinma11
March 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooo (we'll see if it gets far enough south to hit us...)

Oh, I hope not! I'm so done with winter. I had my windows open on Saturday when it was 53.... Felt so good to air out the house.