PDA

View Full Version : Working from Home

JVO
May 19th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I have been unemployed since Dec 2010. I had been working 10 hour days for 9 months, I had asked my employer many times for help, but no matter the options I gave them, they would not give me any help. So I felt I only had one move to make and I quit.

So now I am looking for work, but would like to work from home. So I just thought that there are lots of people on this forum from all over the world that might have some good ideas. I have lots of office and accounting experience, & of course I sew (but sewing does not have to be a part of it).

So if you have any ideas on how to find or start an legitimate job/business working at home, would be great.

I look forward to hearing all your ideas.

JVO

bakermom
May 19th, 2011, 12:08 PM
sorry to hear that. Maybe you can do bookkeeping for small businesses? some owners try do do it all and get overwhelmed by the paperwork.

Sunnyok
May 19th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I have a friend who's a dog groomer, she makes good money, always busy, and she get's to do it from home. Just a thought.

Loonwatcher
May 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Good luck JVO. I would like to do that too so I'll be eagerly reading the ideas you get. I've been on this job (admin asst in a general contracting construction company) for over 16yrs and am getting very fed up.

Hope you find something that suits you at home. Good Luck!!! :)

meemeecyn
May 19th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Would it be profitable to join a League of Craftsmen or similiar type....and then sell your wares that way? Have you thought about doing long arm quilting? I wonder if there is a way to combine your love of quilting with your accounting skills? (doing books for a quilt shop, etc?) And who makes all the 'samples' that one sees in a quilt shop or even in a magazine? Sorry you came up against this bump in the road, JVO. You know what is said when a door closes....a window opens! Good luck with everything.

Susan M
May 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Great idea meemeecyn! Might be just the thing. I'll be interested to read the suggestions that you get.