PDA

View Full Version : solved case....

bubba
March 9th, 2014, 12:24 PM
A few months back someone posted an article about this quilt and a murder.....they finally solved it and arrested the womans husband and his brother!

Cathy Zimmer's husband and brother-in-law arrested 25 years after her murder | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2576287/Husband-brother-law-arrested-quilt-cold-case-murder-25-years-day-woman-strangled-death.html)

Suzette
March 9th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Interesting, but as usual with the shoddy reporting of today, I left this article with more questions than answers. If there was DNA evidence at the scene, why did it take 25 years to crack the case? How does the quilt figure in to finally leading to their arrests, and exactly what changed that ultimately led to these arrests so many years later?

None of my frustration is at you bubba, just at how poorly news pieces are written today.

Regardless, if these two are responsible for her death, I am glad that justice is finally being served. This woman and her family deserve at least that much.

Hulamoon
March 9th, 2014, 12:53 PM
That's so great it was solved but how the heck did you come across a story like that?

bubba
March 9th, 2014, 01:15 PM
I agree with you......it does leave a lot of questions. It was odd because I was just thinking about reading this a few months back here on the forum, and then while reading the Daily Mail this morning, they had a followup on the article. There were a lot of comments made on the earlier post and I thought some might find it interesting, otherwise I would not have posted it.

Auntpiggylpn
March 9th, 2014, 03:34 PM
I am so happy when I hear that a cold case is solved. It gives closure to the survivors and brings justice to the perps. Thanks for posting this; I had seen the article when they released the picture of the quilt and hadn't heard anything since.

bkthomas
March 9th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks Pat......good to hear that it was solved!

easyquilts
March 9th, 2014, 06:24 PM
I saw the story a while ago on Bonnie Hunter's blog.... I 'm so glad this awful crime was finally solved..

tamsterg7
March 9th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I read th original post here on the forum, so glad you put this follow-up out here too. Now, I hope this ends up on Dateline or something so we can get the whole story start to finish! Innocent until proven quilty, but if guilty I hope they do get justice for the poor woman.

I agree with you......it does leave a lot of questions. It was odd because I was just thinking about reading this a few months back here on the forum, and then while reading the Daily Mail this morning, they had a followup on the article. There were a lot of comments made on the earlier post and I thought some might find it interesting, otherwise I would not have posted it.

Madeforyouinma11
March 9th, 2014, 10:27 PM
I remember this story from a while ago here on the forum. I too am happy that it has been solved but do feel like Suzette...a little frustrated that we can't have the full story. I'm sure after all trials are over, the full story will come out.
Thanks for posting this..such a sad story.

WendyI
March 10th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Interesting, but as usual with the shoddy reporting of today, I left this article with more questions than answers. If there was DNA evidence at the scene, why did it take 25 years to crack the case? How does the quilt figure in to finally leading to their arrests, and exactly what changed that ultimately led to these arrests so many years later?

None of my frustration is at you bubba, just at how poorly news pieces are written today.

Regardless, if these two are responsible for her death, I am glad that justice is finally being served. This woman and her family deserve at least that much.

While I agree totally that reporting today is mostly very shoddy (journalists and their employers seem to be more concerned about ratings and sales than fact) but I think in this case it's justified. This article explains why there was no DNA information released:

Cathy Zimmer murder: Husband, his brother arrested 25 years after body found at San Jose airport - San Jose Mercury News (http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25299806/authorities-arrest-husband-and-his-brother-1989-murder)

Glad it was solved. Some people are just dirt.