• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dwil23
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Good Morning! It's Friday!

I guess our usual "thread starters" are sleeping in or otherwise busy this morning, so I will start today.

Yesterday was a happy day, but then took a sad turn. First, went to the house and seems like my "smoke" problem I've been whining about is finally starting to fade - not all gone, but getting better. I did accidently leave the door to that room open so I hope that wasn't the reason, will know when I get there this morning. Momma and kittens are doing great - safe in the shed and out of the rain, and my "new" vintage sewing machine was delivered. She is beautiful!

BY far the best news of the day came when my son called to say he passed the first exam in the series to become a licensed architect - he was worried about how he did. AND...it is official (though been in the works for a week or so) ....they are moving to Tampa where he has been offered the job of his dreams! He starts on the 24th and hopes to have DIL and son here by the 1st. My grandson will be in the same county as I am!!! Downside of that, if there is one, is that my very favorite quilt shop next to M* will not be getting my business anymore. It isn't far from where they live now and was always a treat to go to when I visited them.

Okay, then we had the sad news for the day. My sister got home after being away for a couple of weeks to find her cat, Murray, had apparently died in his sleep. She thought he was asleep, but he didn't respond. I had fed him the night before and he seemed fine. We think he may have just had a heart attack - didn't see any outward evidence of anything happening to him. He was a big bundle of love - all 26 pounds of him, and he will be missed.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day and a nice weekend (while I go back to work!).
    Donna
  • Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Good Morning! It's Friday!

How cool that your family will be moving near you! Too bad about your sister's cat. I have a 17 year old boy. Sometimes I think he is dead because he sleeps so much and needs a good poking to wake him up. I'm afraid his days are numbered and it will happen. Hope he passes in peace!

Need to make a coupe of hospital gowns for a play. Guess it is just like a rectangle with sleeves and some ties, I think I can manage that!

Have a good day!

Comment

• dwil23
      Missouri Star
      • May 2012

Oh Jean, I know how that feels, too. Murray was only ten, but I suspect his overweight condition played into it. My quilting/scrapping friend has a Scottish Fold cat that is 23 years old. He has been declining for years but still hangs in there. Sleeps most of the time on a quilt, of course. Good Luck with the hospital gowns, I'm sure they will be a piece of cake for you.
      Donna

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
        Oh Jean, I know how that feels, too. Murray was only ten, but I suspect his overweight condition played into it. My quilting/scrapping friend has a Scottish Fold cat that is 23 years old. He has been declining for years but still hangs in there. Sleeps most of the time on a quilt, of course. Good Luck with the hospital gowns, I'm sure they will be a piece of cake for you.
        I wonder where I can find the incredibly ugly scratchy fabric to make the gowns out of? Wallyworld?

Comment

• CountryHut
          Missouri Star
          • May 2010

G'morning . .

what a week it has been -- our camping trip was the pits - *ugh*~ . . hubby was ''suppose'' to get some rest - but that didn't happen - he still had to go into work . . then it continue to rain the last few days - so we came home a night early
          - so one of the 1st things on the ''Things to do'' list -- is to finish unpacking the camper

Tuesday I came back into town to be with a very close friend -- she lost her 32 yr old son to Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy (JME) - this woman (I believe) is just about on the edge - she's lost her hubby to cancer - another son to murder and now this -- her oldest son is trying to get home to be with her and help with arrarngement -- the last 3 1/2 years have been really tough on her . . .
          Thank goodness she and I are close enough that we don't have to tip toe around questions and answers

so it's Friday and hubby is off to work - fur babies are back in bed - and i've been surfing - knowing that I have things to do . .

1st Friday and 3rd day of Lent - special time of prayer, spiritual reflection, sacrifice and good works is in order for me today

with that said . .

y'all '''Make It''' a good day
          2015 is here
          Be Bold and Bravely put one foot in front of the other :)

Comment

• MRoy
            Missouri Star
            • Jul 2011

Good morning and Happy Friday. Donna, it's so great that your family is moving closer. I'm also sorry about your sister's cat. My Thursday plan to visit my favorite fabric shop in another county was cancelled when DH asked me to pick of prescription refills and groceries for his elderly aunt. We still have some ice and didn't want to take a chance on her falling. But all is good, I was able to schedule a badly needed haircut yesterday afternoon and I'm planning my fabric shopping trip today with a stop at Tuesday Morning too.
            *~* Myrna *~*
            *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Sandy Navas
              Missouri Star
              • Dec 2010

I'm MAD. Myrna has a Tuesday Morning close enough to visit. My daughter and I were talking yesterday about how much we miss that store. They closed the one here very abruptly without notice . . . so sad.

We have a DGD turning seven tomorrow. She's reminded us every day for . . . the past year, that this birthday is coming up. She wants an art kit so we're going shopping together today. I also took toggpine's recommendation and ordered the Ed Emberley books for her.

Cats - our wonderful Pete (the most gentle in all the world) wandered off to his demise a few months ago. There isn't a day goes by that we don't look for him to return, but surely the 18 years of his good life were over.

Al and I worked on the quilting machine yesterday and didn't manage to injure each other. We are off on an upward learning curve - sometimes feeling as if that curve loops back around upon itself. Two rows that Al free-motioned (all on his own) had to be frogged out because he did the whole row with the presser foot in the raised position.

And so, I'm off to be somewhat creative . . .
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• MRoy
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2011

Don't be too mad Sandy. It's hit or miss at this Tuesday Morning, but I love to go looking for stuff! AND Hobby Lobby is just two doors up from TM.
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                  Missouri Star
                  • Dec 2013

Good Morning I had a wonderful time last night with the ladies at my house. We enjoyed a great amount of food and plenty of laughs and encouragement. Just what was needed after dealing with the dreary days of winter. We are suppose to get to almost 50 degrees today!!!

This morning has been dealing with a kitchen sink that has gotten plugged which leads into the downstairs kitchen sink. I love having two kitchens but not when it is issues like this. The downstairs we took out the stove because I was afraid the little ones would climb on it and turn it on. So the downstairs kitchen is used for art projects and lego building.

After finishing paying bills, I'm going to work on putting together a quilt. Lunch is making the house smell soooooooo gooooooood - cheddar cheese soup with tons of additions.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Comment

Working...
                  X