PDA

View Full Version : looks like advertisers have invaded the picture album

Cathy F
March 7th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Mods. if you have not seen this I thought I'd let you know.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 7th, 2014, 09:11 AM
What are you talking about?

MRoy
March 7th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Jean, there are advertising pics in the picture gallery this morning. Apparently we have a brand new forum member who likes to advertise with spam.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 7th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Jean, there are advertising pics in the picture gallery this morning. Apparently we have a brand new forum member who likes to advertise with spam.
Do you mean the scroll at the top? Al will have to take care of that problem!

Doloris
March 7th, 2014, 09:20 AM
last post in "still in Florida" and "computer help" has a spammer message

MRoy
March 7th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Do you mean the scroll at the top? Al will have to take care of that problem!

I clicked on "Gallery" then "Picture Gallery" to see them. Username is " adcompteltd (http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/members/adcompteltd.html) ".

Jean Sewing Machine
March 7th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Yes I know the name I've worked on the posts but I have no idea what to do with a picture gallery. I have alerted Al about it.

Doloris
March 7th, 2014, 09:40 AM
where is a "gallery" button??????

Jean Sewing Machine
March 7th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Yes I know the name I've worked on the posts but I have no idea what to do with a picture gallery. I have alerted Al about it.
Maybe I've figured it out, hope so!

MRoy
March 7th, 2014, 11:21 AM
On my screen in the blue banner at the top of the page "Gallery" is next to the search box on right side.

where is a "gallery" button??????

songbird857
March 7th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I love it - We SHALL protect our forum :) No Advertisers/spammers on Al's watch :lol:

Vonnie
March 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM
It's on the first row on this page: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/albumall.php

Doloris
March 7th, 2014, 11:32 AM
On my screen in the blue banner at the top of the page "Gallery" is next to the search box on right side.
Nope, no gallery button there for me. :icon_beuj:

Vonnie
March 7th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Nope, no gallery button there for me. :icon_beuj:

At the top can you find the place to click for Quilt Tutorials? It's right next to it with a down arrow key so you can select what type of gallery you want to view.

Doloris
March 7th, 2014, 11:43 AM
At the top can you find the place to click for Quilt Tutorials? It's right next to it with a down arrow key so you can select what type of gallery you want to view.
I have a blank space between the tutorials and search box, but when I moved my mouse over that space the pointer showed up and when I clicked that drop down box showed up. My gallery button is invisible :icon_eek:. Thanks for the help.

Vonnie
March 7th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I have a blank space between the tutorials and search box, but when I moved my mouse over that space the pointer showed up and when I clicked that drop down box showed up. My gallery button is invisible :icon_eek:. Thanks for the help.

You're welcome. I wonder why it's invisible.

Preeti
March 7th, 2014, 11:50 AM
I just saw those pictures in the Gallery. Feeling violated :-(

Cat n bull
March 7th, 2014, 11:54 AM
You're welcome. I wonder why it's invisible.

Maybe her screen is too narrow to display them all?

Cat n bull
March 7th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I have to wonder about the intelligence level of these spammers. Do they REALLY think people are going to buy their products after they've ticked them off by spamming?

Doloris
March 7th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Maybe her screen is too narrow to display them all?

I'm on a 17" laptop. There is about an inch blank space between the tutes and search. It must be the gremlins. At least now I know it's there, so the gremlins can release it now.

Jess1377
March 7th, 2014, 10:59 PM
On IE my gallery button was gone too but when I clicked just to the left of the "search the forum" box it responded with the correct options for the gallery. I know I am using an old version of IE though and when i use Firefox the gallery box is there. Weird but I noticed it today too.

Wwena
March 8th, 2014, 12:50 PM
I have to wonder about the intelligence level of these spammers. Do they REALLY think people are going to buy their products after they've ticked them off by spamming?

A mind works in less than perfect ways... Being exposed to a brand will make us more likely to chose that brand later - even if the exposure was a negative one. We are badly programmed that way. ;)