PDA

View Full Version : If you are new to the forum since January 2014, would you please. .....

BellasQuilts
March 6th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Reply here posting your "handle" or "screen name" along with your state and how long you have been quilting. I want to wish you all welcome, so going to try and herd some cats and do a group welcome to ya'll!

Megan aka Bellasquilts

Gina
March 6th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Hi! I am Gina. I live in Alabama and have been quilting about a year.

maryanns66
March 7th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Mary Ann aka maryanns66
Brand new to quilting. Sewing since I was a child and made most of my clothes as a teenager. Bought my first embroidery machine in 1999 and embroidery, too.
Florida, USA

Medic5204
March 7th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Crystal, medic5204, from MS
Been quilting and sewing since the middle to last half of 2013. Love creating things!

BobW
March 7th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I'm Bob (BobW) and I live in Jefferson City, MO. I have been quilting about six months.

songbird857
March 7th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Norma here,
Consider myself a newbie - lots of garment sewing for my girls when they were small; had made table runners before (SITD) but never a full quilt - currently working on two with more planned soon :)

GSArcher
March 7th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I'm Jenni or GSArcher. I have been quilting off and on since my teen years. I've been sewing since I was little. The joy of having a seamstress for a mom. I am now raising the next generation of quilters and seamstresses.

Michelle M
March 7th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Hi! I am Shea and I am from Missouri. Glad to be here!

rarerosered
March 7th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Lynn, from Michigan. Been sewing for many years. Quilting about three. Thanks to forum learning many things. Thanks and hugs, Lynn

Preeti
March 7th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Hello there, I am Preeti from Sterling, Virginia.
Newbie, Quilting since 2013.

DBAZ
March 7th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Hi - I am DBAZ and I am from Arizona and have just started guilting

bjsmith57
March 7th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Hello bjsmith57 new to quilting since August 2013 I reside in Arizona.

KerryA
March 7th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Hello. I am Kerry (KerryA). I live in Washington state and have been quilting on and off for the past 5 years or so. I have made 6 quilts. I am currently working on 3 and have a stash and list of a few more I want to make. It is becoming addicting finding patterns I want to try.

Kelly F
March 7th, 2014, 09:11 PM

Preeti,

I am a few hours from you!

Ahof
March 8th, 2014, 04:35 AM
Mary Ann, I'm about an hour from you! I'm in okeechobee!

LorraineRob
March 8th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Lorraine here from the UK. I've been quilting...ummm, about a month, lol.

MayinJerset
March 8th, 2014, 09:05 AM

Hi Pretti, My sister in law and family lived in Sterling for many years, did you know any Fischetti's? She's Pat, kids Mike, Tom, Mary Ann and Nancy who range in age from 48 - 58. 3 of the kids still live in VA, Leesburg and down near Richmond. Sister in law moved to W. VA awhile back but may soon be moving back to VA to be closer to family. May in Jersey

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Bumping up

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Gina, welcome to the forum from the beautiful Central Coast of California! I have been quilting for about 3 years now. Be sure to post pics of your work - we love to share!

Hi! I am Gina. I live in Alabama and have been quilting about a year.

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Hi Mary Ann and welcome! I'm in California the other sunny state! Glad you found us and are joining the forum! Happy Quilting!
Post pics too!

Mary Ann aka maryanns66
Brand new to quilting. Sewing since I was a child and made most of my clothes as a teenager. Bought my first embroidery machine in 1999 and embroidery, too.
Florida, USA

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Crystal, welcome from California. Yes, you will get addicted here. So many ideas and great help from the experts! Post pics of your work!

Crystal, medic5204, from MS
Been quilting and sewing since the middle to last half of 2013. Love creating things!

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Hi Bob,
Welcome from California. Jealous you live in Jenny's state! Glad you joined us and would love to know what you have made so far! Post pics!

I'm Bob (BobW) and I live in Jefferson City, MO. I have been quilting about six months.

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Hi Norma, and welcome to the forum. What patterns are you using for your quilts? We always encourage posting pics. It helps to inspire and share ideas!

Norma here,
Consider myself a newbie - lots of garment sewing for my girls when they were small; had made table runners before (SITD) but never a full quilt - currently working on two with more planned soon :)

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Hi Jenni and welcome! How wonderful that you are sharing your skills with the next gen. My Grandma quilted but I never go to spend time with her to learn. So you all are my teachers - well, after Jenni Doan of course!

I'm Jenni or GSArcher. I have been quilting off and on since my teen years. I've been sewing since I was little. The joy of having a seamstress for a mom. I am now raising the next generation of quilters and seamstresses.

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Hi Shea,
Our neighbor's daughter has that name. you are the only other one I have heard with it. I love it!
Glad you found the forum and let us know if you ever get to meet Jenni Doan - we will be green for sure!

Hi! I am Shea and I am from Missouri. Glad to be here!

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Hi Lynn and welcome from California. I bet being in Michigan you are more than ready for spring! You have been quilting about the same time I have. How addicted are you? I'm hopelessly hooked!
Lynn, from Michigan. Been sewing for many years. Quilting about three. Thanks to forum learning many things. Thanks and hugs, Lynn

grannidebbie
March 8th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Hi! I'm Debbie from Guttenberg, Iowa and very new to this site! I've been quilting for around 22 years and am totally addicted! My sister-in-law and I run a quilting/scrapbooking retreat and love meeting and making new friends who come and stay with us! Love this site and really enjoy seeing everyone's projects and tips!

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Hi Preeti and welcome to the forum from California. You will learn a lot from Jenni's tutes and the experts here. Happy quilting!

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Hi Dbaz and welcome to the forum. Be prepared to get hopelessly addicted to this, but you will enjoy every minute! Be sure to post pics of your work!

Hi - I am DBAZ and I am from Arizona and have just started guilting

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Well, hello and welcome from California! Glad you found us. What got you hooked on quilting?

Hello bjsmith57 new to quilting since August 2013 I reside in Arizona.

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Hi Kerry, and glad you found us. I'm in California. How's the drought up there? Yes, this hobby or passion if you will is addicting!

Hello. I am Kerry (KerryA). I live in Washington state and have been quilting on and off for the past 5 years or so. I have made 6 quilts. I am currently working on 3 and have a stash and list of a few more I want to make. It is becoming addicting finding patterns I want to try.

BellasQuilts
March 8th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Hi Lorraine, and welcome to the forum. There are several others here from the UK. What got you started on quilting? Love to hear how others discovered quilting.

Lorraine here from the UK. I've been quilting...ummm, about a month, lol.

Sixtop
March 9th, 2014, 01:00 AM
I'm Jen or Sixtop, from a small town outside of Houston, Texas. I've been quilting small things like bibs and bags for over 6 years but full quilts, I've only done two and working a third. Also, I have two quilts commissioned and I'm finishing/quilting a third for someone.

BellasQuilts
March 9th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Well, howdy Jen and welcome to the forum! Be sure you post pics!

I'm Jen or Sixtop, from a small town outside of Houston, Texas. I've been quilting small things like bibs and bags for over 6 years but full quilts, I've only done two and working a third. Also, I have two quilts commissioned and I'm finishing/quilting a third for someone.

Quiltfreestyle
March 10th, 2014, 04:20 AM
Hi Megan
I'm Patt aka Quiltfreestyle. I've been quilting on & off for about 35 years. Now that the kids are grown & gone I have more time for my quilting projects, plus now I have a dedicated sewing room... Yay!

WendyI
March 10th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Well isn't this a lovely idea! Great post! I've been a bit absent of late but thought I would take the opportunity to chime in here and welcome you all! I am still a very new quilter (only done a very few small projects) and I'm looking forward to learning with and from you all. This is SUCH a great forum! WELCOME!

Annie Pearl
March 10th, 2014, 07:24 PM
My screen name is Annie Pearl ( my great-grandmother wanted me named that). I am new to quilting, I have made one tied quilt and have hand quilted some small projects other people have made. I consider myself a true beginner. I live in Southern Illlinois and have been here all my life.
Lee Ann