PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Blondie
March 6th, 2014, 07:11 AM

Happy Thursday Folksies!

This week is flying by! Of course we know just how fast time flies when you're having fun. And I am in the business of making sure I have some fun every day. I highly recommend it. What do I call fun? All sorts of things, like challenging myself to make a new block, finishing up some quilts, and while it is not fun, it is necessary for me to justify the aforementioned activities, laundry, mopping floors, cooking dinner and doing those dishes, not to mention the oven cleaning.

Here is a sampling of the fun I've been having.

queen size HST finally finished

twin size, also finally finished

Be blessed this day, hug and prayers for those who need them - which would be YOU.
Off to share some coffee time with The Man. hmmm coffee + hubby = SMILES!

Monique
March 6th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Good morning dear friends. There really isn't much to tell this morning. Same old, same old. Although I did download the new Block magazine. Watch out because it has 99 pages when I printed it out. I actually ran out of ink. LOL!!

Have a great day friends.

Cathy F
March 6th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Morning all,
Blondie, those quilts are gorgeous! Doesn't it feel great when the last stitch is in?!
I slept in bed about 4 hours last night before the shoulder started aching and had to get up, does't sound like much but I'm making great strides. I can only sleep on my left side and that's the shoulder I damaged in the fall so it's been very difficult getting a restful sleep. After a few hours I end up sleeping in the recliner.
Received the plum sweet jelly roll that was the daily deal last week, I am in love with this fabric line. The colors are beautiful, they match the colors in the living room so nicely. Have to decide on a pattern now for it.
Seems the pre cuts must be released first, then the yardage.This is the second fabric line in purchased in pre cuts and tried to order matching yardage. When I searched for the fabric most sites said coming some time in March. Hopefully there is matching fabric by the yard.
Well, off to the kitchen for some coffee. Hope everyone has a good day, hugs to those who need a few extra today.

Bubby
March 6th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I LOVE your quilts, especially the HST! Doesn't it feel great finishing up UFOs!

I'm going to try to get out of the house for a while today. If I can just get to the highway I'll be fine.

I want to try to make a self-binding baby blanket for the bereavement group. I finished a little quilt for the group earlier this week and I want to keep the momentum going - if you can call it momentum...lol!

Wishing blessings on everyone today....

MRoy
March 6th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Good morning! Blondie your quilts are great! We are slowly but surely thawing out here. I was in my studio yesterday afternoon when a sheet of ice over an inch thick slid off the roof...what a racket it made! I finished kitting up house blocks and making "scraps" for my Bonnie Hunter class next week. I don't have many fabric scraps so I cut strips of fabric up to 3" wide from my stash to turn into more scraps during the class. Scrappy 4-patch blocks that finish at 2" are made. These will all be used to make this wall hanging:
I plan to get away from the house for awhile today. I've got a gift card to my favorite fabric store that really needs to be used before it burns a hole in my wallet. Have a great Thursday!

aliaslaceygreen
March 6th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Good Morning! Picked my DD up at the airport last night....there mustn't have been a lot of traffic, her flight was 28 minutes EARLY! Arrived as she was touching down.
She is already off to work, and dreaming up ways she can move to San Deigo for good. She was unhappy that we had snow, still (again).

However, it is melting and the daffy's are still blooming after defrosting....
Headed to work....have a great day! (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))

RFREE
March 6th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Morning everyone. Blondie your quilts are very pretty. I was checking them out on facebook this morning when this site was down.
Myrna we are also thawing out. I have been stuck in the house all week. Not sure if we will be able to go to school tomorrow either. This stuff was really bad this time. No power outages to speak of on my road anyway. Last ice storm we were out for 15 days. Not fun:(
My machine is fixed! Happy happy joy joy. After the service shop told me I would have to take it to a dealer I asked my BIL to look at it. As I do not care for our Brother dealer here at all.Very rude man... anyway my BIL is an engineerand he agreed to take a look. He had to make some kind of tiny tiny pin that goes in the shaft where the needle nests. I could have just ordered it but he didn't want to wait so he just "made one". I brought it home and it works better than it did before I broke it. THank you Paul Paul the brother in law!!!
Being home stuck in the house has let me make several things in my sewing room. I made another insulated lunch tote,2 sets of mug rug & coasters,and a place mat for my new Keurig coffee maker. What will I make today??? I really need to clean house but don't really see that happening LOL.
Yall have a great day.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

MayinJerset
March 6th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Great looking quilts Blondie, no wonder you are feeling good about finally finishing them. Another day with no snow or forecast of snow make it a great day for me. Lots to do indoors but the sunshine is more than welcome and maybe I'll open a window or two to let some fresh moist air into the house. Even with a humidifier the air gets dry during the winter.

Lucky Myrna, spending a gift card at LQS and taking a Bonnie Hunter classes.

Coffee should be done so I have to decide what to have with it. Usually have some toast but we have some doughnuts and Irish soda bread in the house so the plain old toast will wait until another day when no goodies are around.

MRoy
March 6th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Rhonda, I remember your last ice storm. We had employees who went to the McCracken Co Food Stamp office to help out. They came back talking about the noise of tree limbs cracking and breaking and how it sounded like gunshot 24 hours a day.
Morning everyone. Blondie your quilts are very pretty. I was checking them out on facebook this morning when this site was down.
Myrna we are also thawing out. I have been stuck in the house all week. Not sure if we will be able to go to school tomorrow either. This stuff was really bad this time. No power outages to speak of on my road anyway. Last ice storm we were out for 15 days. Not fun:(
My machine is fixed! Happy happy joy joy. After the service shop told me I would have to take it to a dealer I asked my BIL to look at it. As I do not care for our Brother dealer here at all.Very rude man... anyway my BIL is an engineerand he agreed to take a look. He had to make some kind of tiny tiny pin that goes in the shaft where the needle nests. I could have just ordered it but he didn't want to wait so he just "made one". I brought it home and it works better than it did before I broke it. THank you Paul Paul the brother in law!!!
Being home stuck in the house has let me make several things in my sewing room. I made another insulated lunch tote,2 sets of mug rug & coasters,and a place mat for my new Keurig coffee maker. What will I make today??? I really need to clean house but don't really see that happening LOL.
Yall have a great day.
Hugs from KY
Rhonda

Annette Ackley
March 6th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! At least the sun is shining this morning. Heard, we are suppose to have cold weather up to May. Only in Potter County!! I have a USAhuntingear order to finish up this morning, so I can send it off to the Post Office. Might do some appliqueing on a UFO. Later on today I have a hair appointment , haven't had my hair done in a year. Need to do something with it. LOL Still hand quilting my pin wheel quilt. At least I got the center done. Now on to the outside , trying to decide what kind of design to put in there, then the binding. Yeah!!!!! Taking me long enough!! LOL Wishing everyone a great Thursday!!!

Quiltfreestyle
March 6th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Well it's O Dark Thirty here in California, no sun yet but I hear a bird singing. Guess that's the perk for not being able to sleep...
Blondie, just love your scrappy quilts!! So nice to finish something. That's what I plan to do today, finish quilting a twin quilt for my grandson. Slowly working through all the UFOs,,, the group here is helping to motivate me..
Have a wonderful day everyone, Spring is coming soon, daylight saving time starts Sunday.
Xoxo

CrazyMtnLady
March 6th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Morning everyone.. thought I would stop by and check in on all my friends. Things are starting to thaw out here, the snow is disappearing and the song birds have started to sing.:) awwww spring!

MonkeyButt my momma cat is very close to having another litter of kittens. Thought she was going to have them Wednesday night. She crawled in my lap and was very antsy... Kept me up til 4am and then didn't have them.. :( This morning she left me a wonderful mess on the bathroom floor, p-u so I'm thinking today may be the day. As a lot of you know.. all my female cats think the best place to have litters is in my lap! So all my supplies are ready and so is the camera. :) Anyone want a kitten in about 6 weeks or so? LOL

Other than that.. same old stuff.. Getting by one day at a time. And I keep smiling like Blondie tells us. Think of all of you everyday and you are always in my prayers.

Love to you all
Hugs

buckeyequilter
March 6th, 2014, 11:21 AM

Stopping in to say good morning!!
I would rather be doing this but have a busy day at work today and must get back to it!!

Sandy Navas
March 6th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Hi, it's me - safe at home from a trip to Hamilton. Anxious to finish up this BOM - can't we do it all in one day or maybe two? I may start another one just so I can see it all finished by my own two hands (with machine help, of course).

No great plans for the day. My plans never seem to unfold as I would like - so I do this thing called flying by the seat of my pants.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/119/9/c/flying_by_the_seat_of_my_pants_by_spock_in_fast_mo tion-d3f6qgt.jpg

Mpyles
March 6th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone! Oh...the week does seem to be flying by....why do vacation weeks go faster than work weeks....that time flies adage comes to mind! Lol!

Yesterday I was a bit of a slug....I just didn't have a lot of motivation in me. I did however finish a table runner for the sil...it's really cute ...IMO :) we had brinner for dinner(breakfast) it was yummy!

I was sitting in the living room with DH watching tv last night when I heard someone at the door...I was like...who could that be? No family close and my BFF moved to another city, DS girlfriend was out of town....it was my sweet daughter...her Thursday class got canceled so she drove on home to surprise us! Lol..silly girl! She and I are going to spend the day together...she asked what I had planned and I said sewing she said mom that's not spending the day together...i said it is if you sew with me! Lol...somehow I don't think I will get much time in there today.... Ahh well...I would rather be with her!! Today I am grateful for her!!

Donna so good to hear from you! My daughter said when she got to springfield that compared to west plains...west plains looked like a blizzard hit. Stay warm!

Well...off to get my day started!! Everyone have a great day

GrammaBabs
March 6th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Love these GF.... your little hands have been busy!!! GB

EnumclawGramma
March 6th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Good Morning! I slept in an extra hour and a half. I could so easily make a habit of this! I did yoga and worked at the gift shop yesterday and wore myself out I guess. Good to be busy.

Blondie I LOVE your quilts! You do such beautiful work. AND you inspire me. To get into that sewing room and finish up a few things I've had hanging around for a bit.

Rain rain and more rain here. I see there's some flooding going on too. I'll have to get out today and see how my little area looks. Shopping and housework are the order of the day today.

That's it from me. I need more coffee and to start moving. Hugs/prayers for you if you want/need. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mpyles
March 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM
[CENTER]70121
queen size HST finally finished

Beautiful!!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
March 6th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Good morning, all! I was up half the night with aches and pains, spent some time on the iPad looking at quilting videos. Then I slept kind of late for me, 7 a.m. Been spending the time paying bills and getting that kind of stuff done.

My triple irish chain is coming along. I got all but 6 of block B finished after some redoing because I did one part with the wrong color. I'm not too happy with one part, I measured carefully (twice, as I had to do this part a second time), but it came up a bit short. Easing in 1/4" in a 12" strip isn't quite as easy as if you were easing in a longer strip. I'm considering a do over, but maybe only for the part that is unfinished.

Need to get some basic supplies in, so I'll be going to the store before I can get to quilting. Someone posted a cool clover pieced block, I want to try it, but should hold off till the other projects are at least put together as a top. My design spaces are covered with pieces of blocks! Need to move on!

Blondie, I love your creations! Be a shining beacon for those of us who need to finish our projects!

Sandy, I was thinking that wall hanging could be a one day project, not a one YEAR projects! Oh, well, you'll have something cute for Halloween! And it gets you out of the house!

rebeccas-sewing
March 6th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Pretty quilts, Blondie. As busy as you are, I'm quite impressed that you are able to forge ahead and get some projects completed. Way to go. I made a half-square triangle quilt a while back in blue and white. Yours is lovely and sure does fit the bill when it comes to the primitive look that you and I love so much. The other quilt is very pretty as well. It's an easy block that makes such a fun design. Cool!

auntiemern
March 6th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Lovin' the quilts GF...ooohed and ahhhed over them on FB too. So glad to hear from Donna, that girl worries me on top of that mountain. ( do you hear that, you need to check in more often ). Sandy, so jealous of the time you get to spend in Hamilton with Ms Quilting Diva herself. I have had a difficult time sleeping too..was awake til after 3 AM. I did get some things done yesterday. 2 sets of blocks for the COC. Gonna work on something today..just not sure what. That hst quilt has my mind going a mile a minute. Off to check the other posts. Hugs and blessings to all..prayers for those in need.

toggpine
March 6th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Good Morning All!

I have a trip to the store and then if I can catch a rain break, I need to head outside and scrub all of the water tanks. Apparently we aren't having enough rain to drown the worms in the dirt, so they are crawling into the stock tanks and then realizing they can't swim. Ick!
I also have to make sure I have all of the stuff laid out for mom to do farm chores while we are gone. She can do it, if she doesn't have to lift heavy stuff. I'm tagging along on one of hubby's tactical 3-gun shooting competition trips. He & the other fellow will go throw lead at paper targets while the two of us ladies hit the town and poke through shops. (Probably not much purchasing, but window shopping can be fun!)

I'm off to get things going for the day.
Have a good one!

Simply Quilting
March 6th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Beautiful quilts, Blondie :)

I did manage to get some blocks sewn last night and some laundry done last night. I've got more to finish up today.

Today, I've got to get things ready for a group of ladies coming to my house this evening. I think that I am going to make layered bean dip and banana split brownies. Gotta have chocolate somewhere. The house is still basically in order from before we left on vacation so not much to do to get it ready. Which means I should have some time to do some cutting on some quilt strips this afternoon.

Have a great day :)