PDA

View Full Version : My talented daughter

GSArcher
March 4th, 2014, 07:30 PM
I posted several days ago that my oldest daughter is going to Istanbul this June. She is going to study in a Turkish immersion program for the month. I thought I would share a video of her. This is her audition video for the Turkish Olympiad last month. I asked what the song was about and got told not to worry, it was not anything bad. What other answer should I expect from a 13yo? :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC1nDA5SM30

It takes about 30 sec before she starts singing. Oh and it is in Turkish.

Sandy Navas
March 4th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Is this the daughter who is traveling to Turkey? Tell us more!

GSArcher
March 5th, 2014, 12:36 PM
It is the daughter who is going to Turkey. She is the only student from her school attending the program in Istanbul. She is going to meet up with students from Dallas and Houston to travel with. She will be spending the month of June in a full immersion Turkish program at the University of Istanbul. They will be in class several hours during the week. Some of the weekends they will be with host families touring Istanbul. The other weekends they will be touring the area around Istanbul as a group. We were told that there will be students from 120 other countries also attending. She is so excited to get to go. Her best friend's sister went a few years ago to the same program and told her she would have a lot of fun.

This is daughter #1. She is thinking about going into either translation or diplomacy when she is older. This is her fifth year taking Turkish in school. Oh, and if she looks tall in the video, she is 5'11".

Daughter #2 is a first year Turkish student. The school suggested sending her also, but I have enough concerns sending the one who will be 14 overseas without me. I'm not about to send my 11yo. I told her that when she's 14, I might let her. She is much more quiet and shy than her older sister.

HandsomeRyan
March 5th, 2014, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0X77OBJUg

Congrats to your daughter. Reminded me of this video...
♪ ♫ Why did Constantinople get the works? That's no body's business but the Turks. ♪ ♫

Michelle M
March 7th, 2014, 04:35 PM
How wonderful and exciting for her! I am with you on the nervous part, but I guess that is our job as parents when our kids set out on new adventures. She did a wonderful job and sounds lovely. Thank you for sharing this with us. You should be proud!! :icon_happy: