PDA

View Full Version : Sawyer says Good Morning Aunts and Uncles.

HandsomeRyan
March 4th, 2014, 09:09 AM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/photobucket-3792-1393884980481_zpscf37de1f.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/photobucket-3792-1393884980481_zpscf37de1f.jpg.html)

We tried to do a little arts and crafts project with little man. We were supposed to all 3 use out hand prints but babies are a lot better at making messy paint covered fists than doing open-finger hand prints.

He and mom are looking forward to a relaxing day of chilling at the house while daddy has to go to work.

We are meeting the friend who I whined about the other day and her husband for dinner tonight. This will be the first time I've seen her since the incident. I hope things go smoothly.

I hope all of you have a great day and Happy Quilting!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/photobucket-4766-1393882439070_zps2813d7fa.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/photobucket-4766-1393882439070_zps2813d7fa.jpg.html)
Sleepy Man

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/31144_zps380a0206.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/user/HandsomeRyan/media/31144_zps380a0206.jpg.html)
Bright eyes

Bubby
March 4th, 2014, 09:14 AM
I love your craft project! Yes, it's hard to get an infant to relax and open their hand. Have a good dinner and perhaps you can squeeze in a comment about how little time you have with Sawyer and Tabitha. This might pave the way for refusing a visit if needed. Hugs.....

grannyann
March 4th, 2014, 09:35 AM
He sure is getting big. And his hand and foot print came out great. Something that will last a life time for him.
So glad he is healthy and mom and dad are settling in to being great parents. Thank you for keeping us updated.

buckeyequilter
March 4th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Awwww....he's so sweet :) Love the hand and foot prints.

dwil23
March 4th, 2014, 09:38 AM
I love your "Art project" That will surely be treasured his whole life. Thanks for the update and beautiful pictures!

MayinJerset
March 4th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Morning Sawyer, You, mom and dad did really good art work, looking forward to more masterpieces in the future.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM
That is so precious! You'll remember these days forever with a keepsake like that! Sawyer is quite a good artist!

Iris Girl
March 4th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Your art project is wonderful!!! Wow he is getting to be a big boy! so handsome. Have a great dinner and enjoy your wonderful family.

Grandma G
March 4th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Good morning, Ryan, Tabatha & Sawyer!! Ryan, I'm thinking you will have to add another room to the house to store all the keepsakes that will be created by your family. Have a great day!

jsmetcalf
March 4th, 2014, 09:55 AM
What a sweet boy! Don't forget that all children's art projects must spend the required amount of time on the refrigerator door before they make it to a frame or memory book. :icon_happy:

MRoy
March 4th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Sawyer is sooo cute! Love your artwork, it reminds me of the one below that is the logo for a local foundation (https://www.facebook.com/RunWithAllYourHart). The angel wings are the handprints of the sisters, the angel body is the footprint of their little brother and the halo represents their unborn brother.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1/404151_512819495410250_331384100_n.jpg

Suzette
March 4th, 2014, 10:13 AM
What a beautiful, awesome craft project! That will be a life-long treasure!! :icon_happy:

Good morning, sweet Sawyer! You are truly a little cutie-pie!! :icon_happy:

GrammaBabs
March 4th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Pictures like this really do affirm my believe in the "Higher Power" :)
Thanks for keeping us up to date!!!! hugs GrammaBabs..

Mpyles
March 4th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Ryan, so cute!! How great would a quilt be with a series of these be!

Trish04
March 4th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Beautiful art project! Making so many memories with little Sawyer! Precious pics of sawyer

songbird857
March 4th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Hmmm... if you do this every year, no, wait - his footprint would eventually cover the handprints ;)

New York Sue
March 4th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Great art project!

It amazes me that even Hallmark doesn't 'get it', after all these years. They still have a spot in all their baby books for the newborn hand prints.....
It's impossible, and can't be done!
I think you came up with a GREAT alternative!
Also, check out the little plaster of paris mold kits for the foot print that are available. They would make an awesome Christmas ornament!
Love the pics!

KathyCrofoot
March 4th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Good morning to your little family... That is an amazing project. I wish I had thought of it when my baby was little - now his foot would cover both our hands (he's 28) In fact, I think I'd have a hard time getting him to sit still for it. :)

Have a wonderful day!

Sandy Navas
March 4th, 2014, 11:00 AM
This old Sawyer granny is sending hugs. I do believe he is a keeper.

Ryan, keep the batteries charged in the camera. Have you seen some of those projects where Dad has taken pictures every day or at least every month and put them all together in a video???? Just an idea here.

Lilly
March 4th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Gosh he is so sweet! I almost don't dare look because it unearths the Gramma hormones in me -and my daughters don't like any pressure - they say they can feel it from me even tho I haven't said a word in 6 months. But O - Sawyer is beautiful! Ryan - please don't commit to any visits or anything like that from the wife. I would be a little wary when talking to her. Your hands are really full right now and BTW: I think that foot in the hands is so creative. Maybe you could print it on some fabric and put it in the middle of a star or something on the center of a quilt. -Lilly

redcaboose1717
March 4th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Ryan,
I think I mentioned a story here on the forum about my Kindergarten teacher having each of us make "hand prints" with Plaster o' Paris when I was just 5 yrs old. My mom treasured those hand prints ( each of us had the same teacher ) ....
I am positive Sawyer's grandmas would love to have a hand print like you made here for Easter ! You could do pretty much the same thing, and put the print and a photo in a double photo frame !
Sawyer looks pretty happy.....such an adorable baby.....! :)

Cathy F
March 4th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Look forward to seeing the latest pictures, he is just such a cutie and always looks so alert in his pictures!

auntiemern
March 4th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Good morning Sawyer :) The art work is wonderful. Those are the things that can last forever. The grands have made us hand print shirts and travel mugs. Make sure you get it in a frame, so it doesn't get wrinkled or misplaced once the craziness starts when he becomes mobile. Good luck with your friend. Sometimes well meaning people can be our worst pain in the b*tts.

K. McEuen
March 4th, 2014, 02:09 PM
He's such a cutie.

Now I want to see the pictures of what happened after you did try painting his hand ...

Ahamblin
March 4th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I have quite a bit of hand/foot print art from my grandson. I treasure each one. I also see a memory quilt in the future. Save the pictures and have them scanned onto fabric. How fun would that be.
Sawyer is so precious. Thank you posting all the pictures.

SallyO'Sews
March 4th, 2014, 03:39 PM
What a great memento of Sawyer when he was truly a "MINI" Cooper! He is so very beautiful, Ryan. Hope you have a nice evening with your friend, and that she learns how to be a true friend.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

ren29
March 4th, 2014, 03:50 PM
He is too precious for words! The family art project is wonderful :)

easyquilts
March 4th, 2014, 04:08 PM
A wonderful first art project! Little Sawyer is the cutest.... Keep the pictures coming... His new Aunts and Uncles are smitten with him....

JAM
March 4th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Use his footprints on cloth with fabric paint, you could make a wonderful quilt out of it!

SuzyQue
March 4th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Nothing sweeter than a baby print....hand or foot! I truly have come to the point of no longer washing off those tiny prints on our mirror doors and I do truly miss those days! Someday....I hope to have grands to leave their marks! We made a lot of art work with hand and foot prints in their first years. They are true treasures!

nonnietomany
March 4th, 2014, 11:48 PM
How sweet and a memory to last a lifetime, hope your dinner goes well. He is an adorable baby boy. Trish

PeggyM
March 4th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Awwwwwww! That's all I have to say. He's one beautiful baby. (I guess I actually had more to say.)

tamsterg7
March 5th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Well I don't get out here in the a. M., but do every evening, so seeing little man is the perfect way to end my day. He is adorable. Hope the dinner goes without incident - give us a report tomorrow!

Sondra
March 5th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Good morning baby Sawyer! I hope you are being a good boy and letting your parents sleep a bit.

EnumclawGramma
March 5th, 2014, 11:06 AM
I'm really enjoying the pictures Ryan! Please keep them coming. He is such a precious punkin! You just wanna smooch him!

My daughter in law did something similar with her first born. She drew around her hand every month for the first year. One on top of the next, if that makes sense. No paint, just pencil. Quite a transformation over a years time!

GinnyKNC
March 5th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Well good morning Sawyer! Love the big bright eyes :) Nice job on the art work too.
Nothing like an adorable baby to turn your day around.

maryanns66
March 7th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Ryan, thank you for sharing Sawyer with us. I don't post much on the forum, but do read from time to time. He's precious! Congrats you and your wife. Huggers!