PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuesday and......

Monique
March 4th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Well it's Tuesday. Another freaking cold day. I am really starting to get sick of this weather. Another work day so not much quilting will be done this week I am afraid.

Not too much happening around here.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Bubby
March 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Good Morning,

It's 2 degrees here this morning. Jeff woke up sick but he is going to work, although I suspect he will come home early if he doesn't feel better. This weather is really getting us down.

Today I am going to start sewing the spa pillowcases for my DD. I'm going to have to work out the measurements for travel pillows, which is what she will be using on her tables.

I cooked a big batch of sliders last night and there was enough for Jeff to take a load to work for the guys today along with a big pot of chili.

Would you please pray for my friend Nancy. She just found out she has cancer everywhere (liver, spleen, brain, bones, etc) and she has a short time to live. She's single and has a married son and a daughter who has brain cancer.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday. Hugs ......

RiverMomm
March 4th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I agree 100% about this weather-the most and longest lasting snow since we moved to Canada 5 years ago. Snow in the yard is 3 feet deep (comeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I shouldn't need snowshoes to walk in the yard . . . umm should I?) It's going to be a wet and muddy spring once all this stuff starts to melt.

Have a good day and stay warm!

buckeyequilter
March 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Would you please pray for my friend Nancy. She just found out she has cancer everywhere (liver, spleen, brain, bones, etc) and she has a short time to live. She's single and has a married son and a daughter who has brain cancer.

Prayers being said for your friend and her family.

buckeyequilter
March 4th, 2014, 09:34 AM

Good morning....

It is a cold one here this morning. DH told me last night that we're expecting more snow on Saturday...ugggh...just what I wanted to hear.

Tonight I will go out to my sewing room and concentrate on getting that binding fixed on the quilt and hope to get the binding cut for the other one.

Well must get busy...have a great day!! Prayers and hugs

dwil23
March 4th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Prayers being said for Nancy. Please keep us updated Bubby.

I'm off to Home Depot for another gallon of Kilz paint. I used the whole gallon on the ceiling (there literally was about 2 tablespoons left in the tray and the can was drained clean). I hope when I walk into the room this morning there will be no cigarette smell at all. If there is, it means the walls will have to be repainted also.

I am especially energized to get this room done, now that "Marilyn Rose" is coming to live with me. My DD's think I'm nuts, but that's okay. If you didn't see my other post, I bought my dream vintage pink Morse Sewing machine off of ebay last night.

Retro Vintage Morse Light Industrial Sewing Machine | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161239002093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)

Well, better get going and check on the kittens. We are supposed to have heavy rains tomorrow into Thursday and I am going to try to encourage Momma to move them someplace where they will stay drier.

Everyone have a Blessed day - stay warm and safe!

MayinJerset
March 4th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Adding my prayers for Nancy.

Got to get off and running early today. Haircut at 11 and back home to bake Irish Soda Bread and another goodie for tonight's small group meeting at my house. Never did finish setting dining room table for the meeting so I'll be in a rush to get home from the hair dressers to get things done quickly. Don't you just hate being rushed? My own fault for making the hair appointment today. Other than that I'm pretty happy as there is no snow falling and yesterday's snow is pretty much cleared off the roads and walks so we'll have plenty of room for the gals to park near my house tonight.

MRoy
March 4th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Good morning! It's cold here. The snow and sleet have formed about a 3" thick crust that will need some warmer temps to start melting. I've been pulling fabrics to take to a Bonnie Hunter quilting class next week. I hope the weather will cooperate! I've been looking forward to this for months.

Prayers for your friend Barb.

Blondie
March 4th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I am praying for Nancy right this minute.

Good Morning,

It's 2 degrees here this morning. Jeff woke up sick but he is going to work, although I suspect he will come home early if he doesn't feel better. This weather is really getting us down.

Today I am going to start sewing the spa pillowcases for my DD. I'm going to have to work out the measurements for travel pillows, which is what she will be using on her tables.

I cooked a big batch of sliders last night and there was enough for Jeff to take a load to work for the guys today along with a big pot of chili.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday. Hugs ......

Mpyles
March 4th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone!

Barb, so sorry to hear about your friend, absolutely in my prayers. Hope Jeff feels better soon! Ms May enjoy your meeting tonight..it sounds like fun! Donna, will lysoling the walls down not help? Perhaps a solution of vinegar and water. Sounds like it's slowly coming together. It's nice that you have the time to do the things you need to do before moving in. Vicky, that's a lot of snow!! Shirley, enjoy your day!

Me...don't know what I will do today! I need a red frixon pen...since mine has gone missing...so perhaps a trip into the quilt store...I have a block of the week that I need to pick up as well. Just hate getting out in the cold. My truck needs to go into the shop for some fluid refills...so I need to do my running in case it needs to stay for a day or two. I'd like to drive over to my MIL's sometime this week. Need to make sure I won't have any issues when I do. I was moderately productive yesterday day...put together a table runner from a panel, finished my block of the week, made some meat loaves and scrubbed the bathroom floor. I love vacations.....:icon_tup:

Everyone have a great day!!

Sandy Navas
March 4th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Nancy is added to my prayer list. Keep us posted, Barb.

GrammaBabs
March 4th, 2014, 11:14 AM
I have heard that leaving a box or dish of Baking Soda will help with the CS... I once sprinkled it in a whole bag of "lace" I was given.. tied a knot and left it for a month or so.. it did help a lot before washing.. just a thought!!! Have fun with the new machine!:)
Prayers being said for Nancy. Please keep us updated Bubby.

I'm off to Home Depot for another gallon of Kilz paint. I used the whole gallon on the ceiling (there literally was about 2 tablespoons left in the tray and the can was drained clean). I hope when I walk into the room this morning there will be no cigarette smell at all. If there is, it means the walls will have to be repainted also.

I am especially energized to get this room done, now that "Marilyn Rose" is coming to live with me. My DD's think I'm nuts, but that's okay. If you didn't see my other post, I bought my dream vintage pink Morse Sewing machine off of ebay last night.

Retro Vintage Morse Light Industrial Sewing Machine | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/161239002093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649)

Well, better get going and check on the kittens. We are supposed to have heavy rains tomorrow into Thursday and I am going to try to encourage Momma to move them someplace where they will stay drier.

Everyone have a Blessed day - stay warm and safe!