PDA

View Full Version : Finally....I sold the bedroom set

BellasQuilts
March 4th, 2014, 02:38 AM
DD#1 just moved out and now I can get back to setting the room up for DGS and DG? (boy or girl - still don't know) so they will have their own bedroom here. Yes, the other grandma has done the same thing - no, they won't be spoiled, noooo!

So, I sold the bedroom set tonight to a lovely lady who will really enjoy it. The room is a clean slate now and DH is going out of town for 2 days. So, Nana is going to decorate! Whoo hoo!

I have kid's bookcase in the back of my car now and now I just need a little table with 2 little chairs.

We found a great Murphy Cabinet Bed we are going to put in their too. It folds up like a credenza, but has a great memory foam mattress. So, I still have a guest room too.

Now, what kind of curtains do I need to make??Hmmm, wonder if I have any fabric?

SuzyQue
March 4th, 2014, 02:44 AM
I am so envious! Enjoy! Can't wait to be an Oma!

easyquilts
March 4th, 2014, 03:11 AM
DD#1 just moved out and now I can get back to setting the room up for DGS and DG? (boy or girl - still don't know) so they will have their own bedroom here. Yes, the other grandma has done the same thing - no, they won't be spoiled, noooo!

So, I sold the bedroom set tonight to a lovely lady who will really enjoy it. The room is a clean slate now and DH is going out of town for 2 days. So, Nana is going to decorate! Whoo hoo!

I have kid's bookcase in the back of my car now and now I just need a little table with 2 little chairs.

We found a great Murphy Cabinet Bed we are going to put in their too. It folds up like a credenza, but has a great memory foam mattress. So, I still have a guest room too.

Now, what kind of curtains do I need to make??Hmmm, wonder if I have any fabric?

Glad to hear there will be no spoiling going on! You are going to have so much fun with that baby.. When will they know the baby's sex? Either way, that little one is going to be loved..... I miss having a baby in the family. My youngest grandson will be eight in May..

However... My niece is expecting their fifth....the third pregnancy was with girl/boy twins, who are now three. Can't wait to see the new baby.... Too bad they live 4-5 hours away.

stationarymom
March 4th, 2014, 03:58 AM
have fun and remember to look at local thrift stores for furniture some of that will be made sturdier than any new furniture and paint can do miracles.

MayinJerset
March 4th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Oh Grandma is going to have so much fun making a room your her little kiddies.

When our grandkids were young we had 'the children's room' as DGD Catherine named it. It was DS#3's old bedroom where the kids played and had a twin size bed for naps and sleepovers.

Vonnie
March 4th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Have fun! I'm envious of all of you with grands! Maybe we should set up a dating service here. I have two handsome sons in their 20's. Oldest is 29. Their mother is a quilter - bet you didn't see that coming! So they know how to treat quilts. Now, who has unmarried daughters?

Now then - a horror story told to me by my brother. His youngest daughter moved back home 6 times! Are you sure it's safe to do away with your daughter's bedroom? LOL

I can remember decorating my son's bedrooms when they were little. I bought Disney's Mickey Mouse and friends and put them up on the walls. Can't remember what it was called, but the back ground was clear and they stuck to the wall but were easy to peel off. Bought matching sheets and curtains. Oldest boys was Ninja Turtles.

Lilly
March 4th, 2014, 12:14 PM
YES - let's get some grand kids going here (she says as she hides her laptop under a quilt so her DD's don't see what she's writing). I have a 24 almost 25 yr old and a 23 yr old - both gainfully employed and good Christians - one Catholic and the other Non-Denom. He He He - just kidding of course.

BellasQuilts
March 5th, 2014, 12:47 AM
DD#1 will NEVER move back home. One we won't let her and two she would die first. She is 32 going on 12 right now. She left without even a goodbye so right now I'd like to kick her little butt around the block.

Have fun! I'm envious of all of you with grands! Maybe we should set up a dating service here. I have two handsome sons in their 20's. Oldest is 29. Their mother is a quilter - bet you didn't see that coming! So they know how to treat quilts. Now, who has unmarried daughters?

Now then - a horror story told to me by my brother. His youngest daughter moved back home 6 times! Are you sure it's safe to do away with your daughter's bedroom? LOL

I can remember decorating my son's bedrooms when they were little. I bought Disney's Mickey Mouse and friends and put them up on the walls. Can't remember what it was called, but the back ground was clear and they stuck to the wall but were easy to peel off. Bought matching sheets and curtains. Oldest boys was Ninja Turtles.

K. McEuen
March 5th, 2014, 01:35 AM

My daughter just turned 29, Single, 5'11", blonde, hazel eyes. I keep telling Al Doan that I'd make a great mother in law. :D

auntiemern
March 5th, 2014, 03:08 AM
Ok Karen, quit trying to hog Al for your DD. Mine is available too...Ok so she has a little baggage (3 adorable little hand bags)...but she IS in Missouri.
Sorry Megan...glad you have the room to fix up...isn't that so much fun?