PDA

View Full Version : Carneval 2014

mamaquilt
March 3rd, 2014, 06:26 AM
Yesterday we celebrated carneval here in Luxembourg.

on the left is Dad (86), myself, Boris our son with his girlfriend and her son, little Charel and DH, our SIL Tun and Elisabeth our daughter. Annemarie, our other daughter was working.

These gatherings help keep the family together and I like them.

Blondie
March 3rd, 2014, 07:21 AM
How fun! It sounds a lot like Mardi Gras in New Orleans La. here. Do y'all throw beads like the party-ers during Mardi Gras?

For those curious, here is a link to Carnavale in Luxembourg: Major events in Luxembourg - Visit Luxembourg (http://www.visitluxembourg.com/en/what-to-do/going-out/annual-highlights)

Have fun, Michele! Your family is so handsome - your Dad looks phenomenal. You make a marvelously eccentric looking waiter or is it maitre 'de ???

Bubby
March 3rd, 2014, 08:00 AM
You look like a fun group in your costumes! Little Charel is growing so fast!

sassyquilter
March 3rd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Looks like fun! Nice when we get together with our families:)

buckeyequilter
March 3rd, 2014, 09:16 AM
Nice picture and looks like everyone had a fun day!

mamaquilt
March 3rd, 2014, 09:18 AM
[QUOTE=Blondie;481949][SIZE=4][COLOR="#000080"]How fun! It sounds a lot like Mardi Gras in New Orleans La. here. Do y'all throw beads like the party-ers during Mardi Gras?

@Blondie I prefer a maîtr'de because that's a step above a waiter. Sometimes those get to taste the wines too, if the restaurant don't have a sommelier.

Yes we had lots of fun. Dad enjoyed it too. He was the last one to leave.

Actually in the carneval procession they throw beads and sweets. But I don't really like being thrown in our dining room and the kids know it. Otherwise they'd have to clean it up too. So maybe that's why they don't throw anything.

MayinJerset
March 3rd, 2014, 09:29 AM
What a good looking fun group, thanks for sharing you together time.

Iris Girl
March 3rd, 2014, 09:31 AM
Looks like a wonderfully fun time!!

Blondie
March 3rd, 2014, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE=Blondie;481949][SIZE=4]How fun! It sounds a lot like Mardi Gras in New Orleans La. here. Do y'all throw beads like the party-ers during Mardi Gras?

@Blondie I prefer a maîtr'de because that's a step above a waiter. Sometimes those get to taste the wines too, if the restaurant don't have a sommelier.

Yes we had lots of fun. Dad enjoyed it too. He was the last one to leave.

Actually in the carneval procession they throw beads and sweets. But I don't really like being thrown in our dining room and the kids know it. Otherwise they'd have to clean it up too. So maybe that's why they don't throw anything.
[COLOR="#4B0082"]
Wise move. I don't like cleaning up after any party! hehehe. Enjoy the festivities. You have a way of making anything FUN. hugs
Blondie

Vonnie
March 3rd, 2014, 12:06 PM
What a fun looking group! :icon_wave: