PDA

View Full Version : Terrific Tuesday

Blondie
May 17th, 2011, 08:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/funnies/wu-1.gif

Another T-rrific Tuesday, ladies!
More rain - I reckon everyone on this side of the country is getting it. Weather is on the cool side, rather pleasant, especially when I consider that the heat of summer is on the way - I'll take cool, thank you. Not COLD, but cool. Yep, don't need any reasons here for getting hot. My age takes care of that condition nicely.

I did some sewing yesterday; made some plant pokes for a friend's shop and began sculpting a pumpkin face on a gourd for a bird house. No quilty sewing. More of the same today.

Have a good day Ladies - off to get caught up on my reading here.

Loonwatcher
May 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Morning All! More rain, more flooding but it's not as bad as down south. It's just not going away. I have friend who have had water to within 2 inches of their floor boards for about a month now. With their new puppy, it means putting on waders, getting in the canoe or carrying the puppy to higher ground several times a day to do it's thing. And the mildew and rot that's going to follow is bad too.

Had a lovely dinner out with "the girls". We try to get together more often but it's been a couple months this time; everyone is so busy. We set a date last night for out next get together so no one gets booked - we'll see.

Have a great day!

Monique
May 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Good morning Blondie and Nancy,

I think we are in store for another wet day as well. This morning I go quilt for Victoria's Quilts. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring.

Have a wonderful day,

Monique

patticakes
May 17th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Morning!! In the low 30s this morning so I've been curled up by the fireplace while I watch the news. Thinking of all the sewing projects I could work on today. Although I dream, often other things pop up to be done and the dreams get pushed further on the back burner. What are your secrets for staying motivated??

magnoliaquilts
May 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone. Not such a terrific Tuesday with the rain...I hear ya Blondie about the heat being taken care of. Mine happen mostly at night though...unless I get really really stressed during the day. And with teenagers about to embark on life, happens more often than I want lately... LOL.

Started hauling out the closet yesterday and switching winter clothes for summer. Beginning to wonder if that was a good idea, considering how cool it has been. Also came across some clothes in the way back of the closet that haven't seen daylight in years...Seriously?? size 10?? When was I ever a size 10????? Had to have before kids....I think I have reached the age that I realized that NEVER again will I be a size 10!!! Got rid of those babies...probably will put them in a quilt, although not sure I want to remember that I was once that size...LOL

Nice job on the puppy quilts, Nancy. I still need to get to the store to get some fabric and figure out what I want to do. Did find some fabric that I had from years ago, but not enough to do anything with.

Take care everyone. Have a great Tuesday.

Katherine Vickery Ringo
May 17th, 2011, 10:35 AM
The weather has cooled off so much in Florida I'm wondering what the heck is going on. Feels like February!

I had no motivation to get on my sewing machine last night. Sat on my couch working on my Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt top.

debinmalaga
May 17th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Good morning, all! Grey and overcast here, some raindrops here and there but mostly it's just trying to rain. Not in at work for another half hour so catching up with y'all before I head back to the grind.

Patti, that's an excellent question - how do you stay motivated? Or, even more, how to be motivated and not pressured... last thing I ever want is for quilting to feel like a chore. I guess my trick is to do at least a little each day, a lot on the days that the mood/life circumstances permit, and if I don't feel like it that day, I don't.

Hope everyone has a T-riffic Tuesday indeed!

toggpine
May 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
'Morning!
It looks to be another overcast day with some sun and a few showers here.
It looks like my step-son flaked out on me. He's working on a night crew at HomeDepot rehabbing one of the older stores. He has been hanging with his friends in the mornings after work and crashing out there before heading home to shower, change, and gut our fridge. I asked him if he would please head straight home and crash here in the mornings this week so I could get over to the neighbor's farm before his little sister woke up. I don't care if he went straight to bed as long as he left his door open, just in case she woke up before I got back. She isn't usually up before 8:30, so I figure I should be golden on time. He should have been home 45 minutes ago. I'm gonna have to wait to go over to do chores until Em wakes up. I can't leave her in the house by herself! Grrrrr. We've always joked that I am his evil step-mom, but I think he is about to meet her.
Oh a happier quilting note, I have one and a half more borders on the top I am making. This poor thing is gonna have about 6 of them when it is finished. I only had the one honey bun, and probably should have had two to make the center pattern large enough for an adult's snuggle quilt. Oh well, it looks good and the quilt police haven't come knocking! It has been fun to play with a color palette that I wouldn't normally choose.
Well, I guess I'll go make some banana muffins for our breakfast. Might as well make the house smell good while I wait for her to wake up. Than back to the final border and a half.
Hugs, Cathy

quilter.martha
May 17th, 2011, 12:34 PM
It looks like everyone is having a rainy morning. Same here. We haven't seen the sun since last Thursday I think. Normally it doesn't get to me, but today it has. It's hard to get motivated when the weather is so gray.
I've been playing around on my sewing machine, trying to figure out how I want to machine quilt a top I've recently finished. I want it nice as it's a "barter" job. I'm doing this quilt for a co-worker's wife in exchange for an antique treadle sewing machine! I've always wanted one. I have such fond memories of playing with my grandmother's treadle machine when I was just a little girl. Anyway, I'm still so new at free form machine quilting that I'm a little nervous about starting it.
Hope someone out there is having a sunny day!

janluna
May 17th, 2011, 05:00 PM
It's a grey rainy day here too. We don't expect to see the sun until Friday. I've been cleaning so thought I'd drop in while the floor dries. Time for meds anyway. This weather and cleaning is not good for the back, but I couldn't stand just sitting and doing nothing and it's needed. My house is a mess. I need a backhoe and a dump truck! Open the window and throw out everything but the sewing machine and fabric etc. I dream about it. LOL Have a good rest of they day. Hugs, Jan L

quiltingtrish
May 17th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Rainy here too! At least we are consistent with each other - huh?
I am hoping the rain does stop sometime by Friday morning. School has a field day outside in the morning and I finally got some boxes at the state liquor store to price and pack up the yard sale things. If I leave those empty boxes out at the sale, they'll think I am a drinker! haha!
A gal at school asled what I planned for dinner. I told her that I had made a beef roast last night, but turned out noone was home except me to eat it. So, I took the leftover roast meat - broke it up, added all the juice it cooked in all day, added green beans, carrots, and potatoes - have the doors and windows open so it's a tad chilly in here, and voila! they will think that soup tasts awesome. Add a loaf of French bread - yummy.
Good luck to DH who is running for County Commissioner. If he wins today, he'll have his name on the ballot in November.
Better run - soup is about done.
Hugs,

janluna
May 17th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hello everyone, I just talked to Gina. It seems her apartment didn't work out so she will be moving back home to spend some time with her Mom. She needs to settle some things and felt that was the best place to be. With family. She said to tell you if and when she gets online she'll be back and that she will miss you all. She sends her love and best wishes for everyone. Hugs, Jan

debracox13
May 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Hi everyone! Texas could sure use your rain. I would love to take it off your hands. Luckily our temperature has been in the 80's because of a cold front last week. Hope you guys had a wonderful day!

Granny Judy
May 18th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Sorry I'm a day late...and more than a dollar short. LOL. Had some health issues which kept me close to the bathroom.. thankfully I have a sewing machine here in Mama's suite. So I did a bit of sewing when I could. Doing a pinwheel quilt with the Victoria Charm pack x 3.

Will be gone Thurs thru Friday for that surgery to correct some acid reflux problems.. I'll probably be out of commission for a few more days after that. I generally recover fast and don't care to lay around in bed.. I have too many things On my TO DO list. lol.

Staying warm here and even if the sun shines inbetween the showers, I'm ready for it to stop with the drips and drops... My body needs some SunShine and 80 degree temps. Just sayin---

rebeccas-sewing
May 18th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Poor little Stella! Got a distraught message from my younger daughter this morning when we woke up. Her sweet little bunny rabbit seems to have developed paralysis in her hindquarters. My daughter loves Stella so much and is very worried about her. She took her to a vet and the vet said she must've injured something. Gave Stella two shots and charged my daughter $150 for a visit that was less than satisfying. After doing some research, she read that rabbits can get a disease causing this paralysis. I fear she will have to put Stella to sleep. We told her to wait 24 hours to see if there is any improvement. Instead of me doing the care taking as was the case with all the many animals we've had over the years, Caroline has taken sole responsibility for Stella's care. I'm headed back to the U.S. on Friday and have a sick feeling I'm going home to a grieving daughter.

As to London's weather, it is gloomy and 16.9 degrees celsius (around 52 degrees farenheit). So far no rain. Just said goodbye to my friend's son. He and his friend stayed with us for a couple of days at the end of their exchange program in Spain. They decided to come into London to visit before heading back to the U.S.