PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning.....

buckeyequilter
March 2nd, 2014, 10:44 AM

Snow and more snow here. I am so ready for spring!!!!

Bubby
March 2nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
Morning,

We woke up at 3:45 to lightning and thunder and then driving sleet. We have about 2 inches of sleet and it just started to snow. It's 16 degrees right now. This is the perfect day to stay at home and cook a nice hot meal. We bought meat on the way home from Cuba yesterday, so we will have steak with homemade fries and some kind of salad today. I'm craving pumpkin pie and may bake one this morning to help warm up the house. We let the Girls get onto our bed during the storm and they are still sleeping cuddled up in the mink blanket at the foot of the bed.

I hope everyone is able to ride out this storm without losing their electricity. So far we are doing pretty well.

Have a good Sunday everyone. Church services in our area have been cancelled.

shermur
March 2nd, 2014, 10:53 AM
Snow and sleet here....goodness knows when the street crews will get the streets cleared. Usually, it gets to be a challenge to get out of our neighborhood due to inclines of the street.
We were supposed to get pictures of the house done today, but with the weather being quite yucky, we have cancelled. Not to mention, we just quite didn't get all rooms done yesterday. So, we'll finish up today hopefully and get the realtor to come take pics later in the week.
Everyone be safe today!

dizzyLiz
March 2nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Hope every one is safe during this storm. I hate to say this but.......it was 65 here yesterday and I'm looking at a beautiful vase of daffodils DH picked from my garden yesterday. Spring has come to SC, at least today LOL

MRoy
March 2nd, 2014, 10:59 AM
Good morning! It's going to get interesting here between now and noon tomorrow. Our forecast is for 1/2" to 3/4" ice accumulation and 1-3" of snow. If I'm not posting tomorrow it will be because our electricity is out and we're using generator power for the essentials. We have 3 freezers in our shop and none are full. I'm wondering if we should combine as much as we can into one freezer to help it stay frozen longer if we lose power.

ilive2craft2
March 2nd, 2014, 11:02 AM
Good Morning! Looks like the snow storm has fizzled in our area - originally they were saying 6 - 10 inches, by yesterday they revised it to 4-6 inches and snow all day today, now they are saying just an additional 1-2 inches. I think we only got 1-2 inches overnight - all winter adviseries/warnings in our area are cancelled. Several things were cancelled yesterday in preparation for today. I think my city has forgotten what it is like to have a real winter. This is how my childhood was - we always had snow on the ground until late March. We could go sledding anytime we wanted to, didn't have to wait for an occasional snow storm.

For those of you who have gotten the sleet/freezing rain/snow, please stay safe! Hope you keep your power.

Sandy Navas
March 2nd, 2014, 11:04 AM
We did, weather wise, escape the worst predictions. There's about 1/2 inch of snow with sleet under it. It is 2 degrees out, feels like -20 though. I notice our little church goers are still snuggled in this morning. There have been numerous accidents around the area. I wonder where all our robins are hiding out . . . they were gathering worms earlier in the week.
http://www.loe.org/content/2013-02-22/American-Robin-with-worm-c-Tom-Munson.jpg

Nothing too exciting going on otherwise . . . so that's the report from Boredsville today.

MayinJerset
March 2nd, 2014, 11:37 AM
No snow yet so I'll most likely go to today's Guild meeting. It's 36 out so not too cold so we might get rain instead which would be good as long as the temp doesn't go down to freezing.

Hair's a mess so I need to put it in rollers, with all this bad weather I've only gone out for essential things and getting a hair cut wasn't on the top of the list. As soon as I finish here I'm calling to make an appointment, hope the gal who does my hair is in early this week as I have a conference in NY City on the weekend and want to look good as Fox TV News will be filming it.

Hosting my small book/quilt group on Tuesday night and need to pick a book for our next read. Since this month's book was a real downer I need to pick something light or easy - maybe a mystery. Better yet, a quilt mystery! We haven't read any of those since we began our small group.

Mpyles
March 2nd, 2014, 11:54 AM
Morning all! Brrrr! It's a bit chilly round here...same as everyone else. Sleet with snow on top. Weather woman is saying its not over. The good news is I don't have to go out in it and for that I am grateful!

My MIL got to go home yesterday...before the storm. They were really trying to get them out. I talked to her last night and she sounded good...sounded like she was glad to be at home. My SIL is there with her. I am in vacation this week and offered to go over for a few days to give her a break. Don't know if she will take me up on it or not. Regardless DH and I will go over I am sure and see her. My dd is just about 60 miles from her so I imagine she will trek up to see her gma as well. She is very close to both her gma's and was really upset by all of this. I did call my mother and let her know about my MIL. My mother is such a sweet lady and will want to get a card out. While I had her on the phone I told her that if she ever has health problems to please spend her money on herself and not refuse solutions cause I didn't want her money when she was gone and I would rather have her.

Well off to make a mean breakfast of bacon, sausage, eggs and biscuits and gravy for my two snowed in hungry men!!

Have a great day!!

lilmouse
March 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Morning all, in my area we were supposed to get the worst of it and I think we did....maybe a little over 4" of snow.....I am so done with snow...came early this year and looks like it is going to stay late.....time change next weekend for those who live in the areas that change time!

Mimis-quilts
March 2nd, 2014, 12:28 PM
We are all starting to sound like a broken record...sleeting here at this time, supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow. UGH UGH UGH!!!
Sandy, our yard has been covered with robins for about a week now...wonder where they are hiding this morning. Thank goodness we don't have to go anywhere today..however, tomorrow we have to go back to work, which means driving in this c__ __ p. I want Spring! And Liz, I want to see my daffodils coming up...I want to see color again...not gray and white!

Rant over...hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday...it's laundry day here and I might go upstairs to my little piece of heaven and work on a commissioned quilt.

((((Hugs))))

Jean Sewing Machine
March 2nd, 2014, 01:08 PM
It's snowy and sleety here. God will have to forgive my for my lack of church attendance today, under whatever is on the ground has a sheet of ice under it. I've been inthe sewing room since 4:30 am. Taking a break for a while. I have a number of projects going at once. I'm trying some machine embroidery to go with some blocks I'm working on. I am also trying a triple Irish chain the Eleanor Burns way. I think it will work great! She does make it in a day!

Keep warm all you midwesterners into the east! Yes, where are the robins? And some warmer weather?

MayinJerset
March 2nd, 2014, 01:08 PM
Adding another Spring photo, maybe if we post enough of them Spring will realize we are anxiously awaiting her and she's show up ASAP. 69791

AuntieVic
March 2nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
Yes cold and snowing still. I also am ready for some spring weather to start showing it head.

rebeccas-sewing
March 2nd, 2014, 04:08 PM
Rain, rain, and more rain in Orange County! I'm wondering what's going on in the mudslide department and if there's been much flooding. Was busy helping my daughter clear out some of the stuff in our attic for a garage sale and didn't see the news. She and I had fun going down memory lane. She organized and I made up the price stickers for her to put on each item. The toys and Barbie stuff went first. She made some money so she's feelin' really good. I'm happy since I know she'll be even more motivated to get rid of stuff for me. Our attic has been bothering me for years, wondering why we have so much stuff that is doing nothing but taking up valuable attic space. I had originally said she should split the money with her sister but I'm rethinking that. Big sis has done nothing to help. Caroline is doing this all on her own. She's spent two full afternoons organizing and is sitting outside in yucky weather selling. What do you think?

tamsterg7
March 2nd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Pretty quiet here in the LOO. Sone sleet with a bit of snow on top over night. Supposed to get more snow this afternoon into tonight, but facebook friens are saying that is wrong and it's going north o f us. My son is upset because he wants another snow day - he is a senior and won't have to make them up. I finished fmq on a quilt and was all ready to square it up and my DH has tax junk spread all over the table - poop! Guess I will stRt something else until the table is free.

Stay warm and safe wherever you may be today!

Ginny B
March 2nd, 2014, 06:13 PM
Grey and dreary here today. We were supposed to get a bunch of snow but now I don't think we will. They keep changing the forecast and I am wondering if we will get any at all. I drove ds and granddog into Brooklyn and there was a bit of sleet/rain mix on the way back out here to L.I. but it stopped and now it's just being dreary. I was soooooo hoping for snow day but looks like it is not meant to be.

All those who are dealing with this storm, stay safe and warm.