PDA

View Full Version : Saturday at last....

MayinJerset
March 1st, 2014, 10:16 AM
so many of us look forward to the weekend to catch up with stuff or sometimes even do some fun stuff. Being retired sort of negates the anticipation of the weekend but we do things with family and friends who are still governed by the Mon - Friday work week.

69739 then again, some people aren't thrilled it's Saturday.

Simply Quilting
March 1st, 2014, 01:32 PM
I'm excited that it is Saturday. It's my birthday and my sweet husband decided not to volunteer to work this weekend so he can spend the whole day with me and the children. He has been working almost every Saturday for months now which is a good thing for the paycheck because of how much the insurance rates went up. But we do miss having him around.

Yesterday I went to the Missouri Star, it was crazy busy at times. So exciting to see things so busy. :) One of the customers said that she has drove by there everyday for years to get to work but it was not until after the NBC news broadcast that she decided to stop by. The other stores they are putting in are continuing to progress nice. I shopped enough that should keep me busy for a while. I got the material to make the new tutorial. I bought material to try to make some crib quilts for the children's hospital. And I found several pieces of fabric to add to my stash to make an antique looking nine patch. One of the new fabric lines, Vintage has the design that I remember my Grandma having bedsheets. It brought back some very sweet memories.

My Dad and Mom met up with me at the Missouri Star. She spied the daily deal of Plum Sweet and asked if I could make a queen size quilt. So that will be on my to do list now. I've never done a queen size so I'm looking forward to the challenge.

The weather was beautiful yesterday. Then we got some sleet and a little snow. I think the weather forecast is now calling for us to not have as severe of weather that they were predicting. This will be nice as I don't mind the snow but hate the ice.

Be safe everyone :)

buckeyequilter
March 1st, 2014, 02:00 PM

Not much planned for this week-end. We went to get some groceries this morning and now the rest of the day is mine to do whatever I want. I've been out practicing my quilting and those 2 quilts on the frame are almost quilted...what a hodge podge of quilting on those :)

Happy Birthday to Simply Quilting...have a great day.

Time to go open the package that the mail lady just delivered. Have a great day! Prayers and hugs