PDA

View Full Version : Hoot Hoot, any other Night Owls around tonight?

MayinJerset
March 1st, 2014, 04:52 AM
It is almost 3am here and I think I'm ready to call it a night again. Slept pretty soundly earlier tonight so I'll check and answer emails and will check back here to see if I have company.

shawnan
March 1st, 2014, 05:04 AM
You had company, but only long enough to say HI. Time for this buckaroo to head for the bunk.

MayinJerset
March 1st, 2014, 05:10 AM
Good idea, I'm heading to the bunkhouse too.

Cathy F
March 1st, 2014, 05:16 AM
Hi, guess I just missed the night owls that were here. Fell asleep early tonight and now it's 3:15 and I'm wide awake. Will check back later going to read some posts.

snippet
March 1st, 2014, 05:19 AM
I'm here. Just finished entering my movie reports online. I bought a new laser printer that also scans, but couldn't get it to scan multiple pages into one document - grrrr. It was getting close to the deadline for reporting, so I managed to get it to scan each page into a .bmp file. ick, but it'll do for now. I guess I need to do some research.

toggpine
March 1st, 2014, 05:30 AM
I went to bed early, but I was afraid of this. I'm up now.

The doctor didn't have anything good to say when I went in to see him about my cough & ear hurting. We're still icky. So Em & I are on MORE antibiotics for longer, and I got the heavier dose of steroids to go with an inhaler with a bit more steroids in it. Fabulous. I slept for 3 hours and woke up with my mind very busy and not really wanting to go back to sleep. Ugh!

I guess I'll get the stuff packed for Em's birthday party tomorrow, the dining table cleared off, and maybe even the bathroom cleaned. I'll just have to see when the "buzz" wears off. Just one of the lovely side effects! I'll spare you the rest.
Until I get through these meds, I'll probably be here at all kinds of weird hours.
Hugs, Cathy

bubba
March 1st, 2014, 08:11 AM
It's just after 0300 and I just got to work, much to my dismay. The only good part is I go home at 1100, however that means, since I won't be at work, I can now go to the youngest grandboys birthday part at Chuckee Cheese.....oh joy. I'm a little perturbed as his birthday was Thursday, the 27th. Imagine my surprise when I see his mom and her husband, my other daughter and her girls all together for dinner and birthday cake and who knows what else, and we were not invited! And to post it all on FB is jut plain rude.....to say the least, I was not very happy. I'm sure I will be pretty tired, so we will take his present, watch him open it and go. That place is about our least favorite to go to in the world.

I will say one thing....when I got up at 0200 to come in to work, I found Monkeyman in the TV room bundled up under the quilt I made him 'watching' a war movie, fast asleep.......kinda warmed my heart.

toggpine
March 1st, 2014, 09:44 AM
Chuck E Cheese is horrible! I do not blame you for wanting to get in & out. Sorry about the family thing. Sometimes you just want to kick them in the butt.
You can come have cake with us @ Em's party. We are having the kids paint 6" trivet tiles at Java & Clay Cafe tomorrow (i guess today - Sat.) from noon to 1:30. It's just down the hill & around the corner from Quilt Revolution. I know, there will be about 10 kids, but at least NO video games! And cake.
How great that MonkeyMan is snuggled under his quilt! My guy likes to sleep through is movies too.

I can say that the steroids have helped me get some things tidied up around here, although I'd rather be sleeping. The dining table is nearly cleared off. I have a few things that will have to wait until I can make more noise putting them away. Part of the kitchen counter has been purged. I obviously need to take some of the garden seeds back out to the shop!
I need to consolidate some of the bubbles I keep handy by the front door to encourage outdoor fun. A bottle here & a wand there, it adds up to a full basket of half-filled things pretty quickly. My favorite are the wedding bubbles. Even little hands can use those and when they spill, it's only a small amount and the tiny bottle can easily be re-filled with the bigger ones.
I also keep a bottle of bubbles in the car. Excellent for kids stuck in the car during traffic jams. Or, in the case of a distraught friend, a good way for her to control her breathing until she realized that things weren't as horrible as they first seemed. (It was just one. more. thing. in a terrible, no good, very bad time in her life.)

So now that I have tidied part of the house as quietly as possible, what next? I could prep stuff for tonight's dinner, either that or scrub the bathroom. Hmm. Comet or dicing onions?

bubba
March 1st, 2014, 10:47 AM
You know, I saw a thing in a magazine last year about bubbles. When you have a big outdoor party in the summer, you put the soap in one of those water dispensers w/the spigot so the kids can refill their bottles from there. I thought that was pretty clever. Never thought about having them in the car before....don't know if I'd like that or not! I did see people blowing them when it's freezing out and then taking pictures of them. They land on the grass/bushes whole and you can flick them and they crack like an eggshell...it's pretty cool. Or how about mixing a glow stick in with your bubbles so you can see them in the dark??? Going to do that up at the lake this year.

toggpine
March 1st, 2014, 01:20 PM
I should clarify. You must be able to roll down the windows for the bubbles-in-the-car-thing to work. You really don't want bubbles in the car without them being able to escape out the window.
Or in Ziada's case you sit on the curb in the parking lot while all of the tires on your new home (used 5th wheel trailer) are replaced because they will shred apart before we get on the freeway. You have to have this trailer because your husband left you with a 4 year old and a baby, and no way to cover the rent & the other bills. But, your mom will let you park the trailer there, free of charge until you can get yourself back on your feet. Your friend talks the the Discount Tire store manager down to the lowest price he can possibly sell the tires for including throwing in the charge for disposal of the old tires and mount & balance of the new ones. Knowing full-well you don't have the cash, because you just paid all you could scrape together for this gem, your friend loans you the money from her hay account and gives you a tissue and a bottle of grape bubbles.
After a few more things that we can laugh at now, we get the trailer home, she uses it for a year & a half, sells it, and now has a "real" home of her own. She pays back that friend, and three years later returns the favor by watching her daughter before and after school, so that friend can fly to be with her family after her grandfather dies and her husband doesn't have to loose time at work.
Bubbles. It's what friends do. You blow a little hope into each other's lives.

I'll have to try adding the glow-in-the-dark stuff to the bubble solution this summer myself! I'm not sure I'd trust the kids to fill their own bubbles like that. I could just see the bubble fountain now....