PDA

View Full Version : Daughter update

Swedish leo
February 28th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Hi

First of all, Thank you so much for all of your support and prayers!

It has been a lot that has happen in a short amount of time.

Josefine was discharged from the ward and after a very long day we ended up in the emergency social care place.
there we sat from 17 to 21 before they found an emergency foster care place that could take her.

She absolutly refuses to come home and says that if she is forced to come home she will harm her self or even try to take her life again. And since I am by now totaly emotional and physical empty I can not take her home during the circumstances. So from last night she is in the foster care place and there she will remain during the social service investigation. (not sure of all the terms, try to use word I know) And there Investigation can take up to 4 month to complete.

The imidiate plan is that she will go back to school on monday and on tuesday I and her contakt person and the social service person will join up and met at the place that she now is at. She will continue to go the the phsychologist that she has been seeing.

My self is as from to day home on sick leave from the doc. I have a hard time talking and keeping a straight thought chain. Lose my thoughts and is shaking all over. I am a very strong person, but even the strong walks on their knees sometime, and right now it feels like walking with my chin.

I have been in touch with the school and trying to set up a safty net. She has to be in eyesight of an adult at all times.

What is the most frighting is that as soon as she have her will she turn around and sounds and act like she has not harmed her self and all is normal. That behavior throws my inner compass away so that I start to douwbt my insticts.

I am very confused. And I have found out that she is on her way to an eating disorder to. Hopefully we have caugt it on time.

This is an little update on the chaos that my life is right now.

I try to take my mind of things by fmq her quilt that I am making for her and hope that I have the strength to complete it so I can have it with my on tuesday when I will see her.

Thank you all again for thinking and careing for us, It means a lot.

Hugs Annika ( sorry for the bad spelling and use of wrong words)

Pegger
February 28th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Oh I hope everything gets better. I feel for you. Keep your chin up. People are thing of you and praying for you & your daughter.

K. McEuen
February 28th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Don't forget to take care of you during all of this mess. Still keeping you and your little family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hulamoon
February 28th, 2014, 03:03 PM
You said it perfectly :) has she been diagnosed with anything yet? Like Bipolar? I don't know many terms so I was just curious. I hope you find the reason for this soon so she can be helped and you both have some peace in your lives.

BobW
February 28th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through this awful time. We know your daughter is suffering, but as her mother you are suffering also. A mother and father always wants the best for their child. As hard as it is to accept, right now your daughter is where she needs to be. That doesn't make it any better for you, but hopefully she will start showing some improvement and you will feel better also.

You are in my thoughts. Please find someone who you can talk with to de-stress. You need a safety release also.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 28th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Annika, I hear the pain in your heart coming out through your words. I can only hope and pray that she can get on a firmer mental footing to stay safe while she heals. And whatever placement works best for her safety, I hope the right place can be found. You feel so helpless to do the right thing when the youngster seems bent on a self-destructive course. Try to stay strong yourself. And take care of yourself.

auntiemern
February 28th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Annika, you and your girls are in my thoughts and prayers. You have all been through an emotional roller coaster the past couple years, and that puts a lot of stress on every one. Hang in there.

Renate
February 28th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Dear Annika,
it nearly breaks my heart if I try to feel what you are Feeling in this hard time. I wish you strength, a lot, and may your hope for better times will not go down. And my invitatin is still standing: if you ever need a break, a resting place for some days, just to be, to sew, with a shoulder to lean on, with good Food and talks or no talks .... our door is always open. I really mean it serious!
I am with you
Renate

songbird857
February 28th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Annika - praying for you and your family now - as a mother of two daughters (21 & 19) - my heart truly aches for what you must be going through... {{{hugs}}}
Norma

turena65
February 28th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Annika... I too can hear the sadness and pain in your words.... Even though we are virtual friends we are still your friends so please feel free to lean on us here for support and encouragement... you and your daughter continue to be in my prayers...

grannyann
February 28th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I am a lost for words that will comfort you or ease your worries. I just can't imagine how hard all this is for you. All I can think of is to pray for you and your daughter. Hugs Ann

Bubby
February 28th, 2014, 04:14 PM
This is such a confusing and hurtful time for you and your daughter(s). I will continue to pray for all of you. Be brave, Dear Friend. You have much support and love here. Thank you for updating us. Love, Barb

Suzette
February 28th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Annika, my heart just breaks for you and your daughter. I pray for you both constantly and you are never far from my thoughts. You are understandably tired and worn out emotionally. Rest in God's love and let Him carry you when you are too tired to put one foot in front of the other. Hugs!!

Lilly
February 28th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Dear, Sweet, Annika,
Having been down a similar path with DD who has an Eating disorder, I can understand some of what your life must be like right now. I agree that you must take care of yourself right now and perhaps the biggest part is convincing yourself that this is NOT your fault. You just have to believe that. That's what her docs kept trying to get us to grasp. They have studies to show that 2 kids brought up in the same family with the same circumstances will have vastly different responses to their upbringing. It depends more on their genetic make-up. You are not to blame. And, trust me, one day things will be better so just hang on, ok?

madampolo
February 28th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Some children have problems that no one can understand but them. Hopefully, her counselors can get to the bottom of it, and then she can start to heal. You should also consider finding someone that you can talk to as you can't do it alone. With all our love, your forum friends.

GrammaBabs
February 28th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Annika.. Lilly hit it right on the head.... I've shared with you our recent and past crisis with my son... We are blessed that he's working diligently to stay sober and in that vein... "sane".... Our children are "two people" the person they want to be and the person that struggles................... Follow the advice of the doctors... meanwhile just do what your doing.. finding something to distract you ie" quilting etc... reading was something that helped me a lot.. something that takes you to another place.. this is a chemical imbalance most likely ,, something that takes a lot to work thru and find the right path...Just know you in my thoughts and prayers...
hugs, Barbara

pcbatiks
February 28th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Annika.......prayerful thought for you and your daughter. I hope you will find a counselor that can help you through this stressful time.

MayinJerset
February 28th, 2014, 05:50 PM
69695Prayers and Blessings coming your way and for your DD too. Work on that quilt, it will help you relieve some of the terrible stress you have been living with. Please come here often to let us know how you both are doing and to vent your frustration, we're here for you 24/7.

cyndiofthevortex
February 28th, 2014, 06:04 PM
As you know, Annika, our family lived through the same thing with one of our DD. One thing I remember is feeling like no one wanted to hear me talk about it anymore. WE WILL NEVER TIRE OF YOU COMING TO US ASKING FOR PRAYER AND TELLING US WHAT IS GOING ON. Please know this to be true. You can come to us every day and we will not tire of hearing about how you and your daughter are doing. We will cry with you over the pain and rejoice with you over the successes. It's what friends are for.

Cat n bull
February 28th, 2014, 06:25 PM
{{hugs}} Annika

PeggyM
February 28th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Praying for you and your daughter, Annika, for a cure for all the pain you all are in. ((Hugs))

Miss Sheri
February 28th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Sweet, sweet friend, I too feel the pain and exhaustion in your words. Try to get some real rest, and I pray that the Lord's unmatchable peace may give you rest in your soul. Please know that we truly care. Love you! Sheri

HandsOffItsMine
February 28th, 2014, 07:00 PM
I agree that Lilly as said it best. My heart aches for you and you both have been in my prayers and will continue to be. Make sure you get some professional support as well. Your family has been through a lot these last couple of years and everyone grieves differently over time/stages. You don't have to go through this alone.

Much love and huggers, Ruby

Wwena
February 28th, 2014, 07:52 PM
I'm sure the professionals see that kind of behaviour all the time, the one you describe as turning around and not acting like she has hurt herself at all. Talk to them about it and you will get that confirmed and your compass will feel if not less wobbly, than at least in good company!

This must be so hard for you, Annika. My heart goes out to you. So much to happen to you in such a short period of time. I hope she will be on the mend real soon and that she will reach out to you. Rest, so you can be there for her when that happens.

((((((((((((Annika))))))))))))))

dwil23
February 28th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Oh Annika, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I will continue to pray for you, your daughter and the ones who are helping her. I know it is hard to be away from her, but that is probably best for both of you right now. Take care of yourself and consider Renate's offer - a "change of scenery" as we say would be good for you.

Monique
February 28th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Annika, sounds like you should take a little visit with Renate. Maybe you need a little time for yourself too. Take good care of yourself.

sewbizzy
February 28th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Praying for you all daily...

MRoy
February 28th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Annika, you and your daughters are all in my prayers. ((((HUGS))))

Simply Quilting
February 28th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Praying for you and your daughter.

Mpyles
February 28th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Annika,

Warm hugs and prayers for you. I am sure it is very hard for you. When our children hurt...so do we. Will keep all of you in my prayers!

Mimis-quilts
March 1st, 2014, 12:06 AM
Annika...so sorry you are having a rough time...I know that you are a wreck yourself...please do try to take care of yourself...the pain you are feeling is obvious and I feel for you. Hopefully your daughter will pull through this rough time. Depression is a difficult disease to understand, unless you have suffered it yourself, there is no way to really know how she is feeling. I will continue to pray for you and her...know that we are all here for you!

Mina Jane
March 1st, 2014, 12:28 AM
I will continue to pray for peace and healing for your family.

toggpine
March 1st, 2014, 01:23 AM
I can only say that I'll continue to say prayers and ask for peace for you and your family. I can't begin to imagine the stress you are under. Try to take care of yourself, so you don't end up in the hospital!

As for your English - I sometimes forget that it isn't your first language! You do remarkably well, and even will all that is going on, I had no trouble understanding your meanings. Absolutely no reason to apologize as far as I am concerned.

Huge hugs for you!
Cathy

EmmaB
March 1st, 2014, 07:44 AM
Thank you for the update Annika. My thoughts and prayers for you and your daughter are still with you. Come here and vent all you want. No one will tire. From everyone's posts it looks like many of us have been where you are. There is no language barrier here.

Do take care of yourself Annika and if you can, accept Renata's offer.

((((HUGS))))

Swedish leo
March 3rd, 2014, 01:40 PM
Thank you all!!

I am trying to keep it togheter but I am serious emotionell drained.
The slightest thing can bring me to tears and that is not a small thing. I never cries normaly.

My main goal at the moment is to take it easy and try to find a way to get back some strength and energy.

I will need it tomorrow tuesday when I will meet up with the socialworker and Josefines contact person and Josefine at the place that she is right now.

I just take it a day at the time and sometimes just hour by hour.

Thank you all for lissening and thinking and praying for us

Hugs Annika

alliek
March 3rd, 2014, 02:47 PM
Dear Annika: No one can know the depth of your heartbreak, but we can offer our understanding and consolation. We wish we could reach out with our arms, gather you in and hug you as we pray. I am doing this in my heart and mind. God Bless and Keep you in His Loving Care.

Wwena
March 3rd, 2014, 06:05 PM
I will be thinking of you tomorrow, Annika. Update us after, if you have the energy to spare!

EmmaB
March 3rd, 2014, 09:01 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you.