RiverMomm
February 27th, 2014, 11:44 AM
sigh. NO, no, no, no, noooooooooooo

Miss Sheri
February 27th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Hahahahaha, Naughty little gremlin!

RiverMomm
February 27th, 2014, 11:51 AM
He is my 15 yr old cat who looks at me and says "Just watch me cause I don't care if you say no"

jsmetcalf
February 27th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Too funny! I have to keep the door to my sewing room closed as my cat sees it as the ultimate playland. Lots of stuff to knock on the floor - lots of fabric to take a nap on!

Hulamoon
February 27th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Oh my gosh how funny! one of my kitties is so pesty when I want to sew I have to lock him out on the deck.

Pandabear
February 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM
That's hilarious. And what a beautiful cat.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 27th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Mommy's little helper!

turena65
February 27th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Hahaha... too cute! :)

GrammaBabs
February 27th, 2014, 12:54 PM
too funny... I use that same thread stand!!!!:)

rebeccas-sewing
February 27th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Cats will be cats! I keep my door closed too. I'm always afraid Koshka will hurt herself on pins, needles, etc. Not a good place for them to be unsupervised.

BobW
February 27th, 2014, 01:03 PM
My cat Princess, who lives with my ex-wife, used to enjoy being in my home office. I did accounting and taxes from an office in the our home. I was sitting in the family room and heard the laser printer print out three or four pages. I thought that was odd, so I went to see who was printing. Princess was sitting on my desk and was pushing a button that when pressed twice fed a test page out of the printer. She looked at me as if to say, you're not the only one who can use this stuff. It also caused the printer to warm up and then she climbed up on top of the printer and took a nap.

What would we do without our four-footed furry helpers. At least your mystery is solved now. LOL

a1angiem
February 27th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Awwwwwwwww!!!!

Simply Quilting
February 27th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Why do they always find our toys more interesting than theirs? :) I had a friend whose cat would take her seam rippers and hide them somewhere in the house but she could never find them. We knew the cat had found an excellent hiding spot.

BobW
February 27th, 2014, 01:48 PM

It's scary but true.

mommadeb
February 27th, 2014, 01:56 PM
What a naughty kitty!

toggpine
February 27th, 2014, 02:23 PM
I want to warn you and anyone else with pets about the dangers of them eating thread.

I worked at a vet clinic and a lady brought in her poodle who wasn't eating and was loosing weight. They took an x-ray and it's bowels were all squnched up. They did surgery and found the dog had eaten some of her sewing thread. Part of it had passed out of the stomach and through the intestines, but a big wad of it was hung up in the stomach. As the thread passed on down it was pulling tight and bunching everything up. It had started to cut into some of the intestines. It was a very expensive surgery to put that dog back together and it was on antibiotics for a few months. If the owner had waited another few days the dog would not have survived. The vets said this wasn't the first time they had seen this happen.
The owner said she hadn't used red thread in a while, but did find a chewed up spool on the floor. She didn't think much of it because there was still thread on the spool.
That was nearly 30 years ago, and I never leave thread or bobbins out when we have pets or little children in the house. The sight of that still haunts me.

laf512
February 27th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Too funny!!

cyndiofthevortex
February 27th, 2014, 03:06 PM
What a naughty kitty!

Iris Girl
February 27th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Now isn't that cute!! My kitty loves to stare at all the pretty colored threads, sometimes she knocks one or 2 of the pegs, I just figure they are her choice for my project. Yesterday she even took the peg with her choice. she never tries to play or eat them (ends are all secured) she just wants you to notice she was helping.

easyquilts
February 27th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Oh boy... Did I ever need that laugh!

EmmaB
February 27th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Blahahaha! He's beautiful and I'm sure you can't be mad at him

soul60s
February 27th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Lolol.... he looks like a lion! He's king of the sewing room.

alliek
February 27th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Looks like fun to me! Love cats!

madampolo
February 27th, 2014, 07:44 PM
So cute! Love your kitty.

Monique
February 27th, 2014, 08:23 PM
No animals live in this house.

MartinaG
February 27th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Read too many stories of cats eating strings (or needles) and getting in lots of trouble so mine are not allowed in the sewing room unsupervised. Stryker was laying behind the machine sleeping the other day, when out of the blue he shot his paw through the throat as I was sewing. Scared me to bits cause I could have sewed through his paw. So he is no longer allowed on the table either. He is getting good at understanding "YOU get in the chair!" He doesn't like it but he will eventually give in.

janluna
February 28th, 2014, 05:50 AM
I had a black cat named Sam. He showed up at the door one day, suitcase in hand, walked in and never left. I had knitting machines. I was amazed that he never tried to "catch" the yarn as it spun from the floor up and through the machine. He never bothered with the yarn, but if he felt I wasn't paying attention to him, he would climb up on my chair, and then to the bed of the machine, and stretch himself out, and go to sleep. I was worried that all the needles would hurt him but he was comfy, and wouldn't move. My friend Dawn, would come over to knit and Sam would go too the door and meow to go out. Dawn would get up to let him out, as she opened the door, he'd make a mad dash for her chair, curl up in a ball, and refuse to move. We would roll the chair out and away from the machine and pull up another one for her to sit in. Sam, would go to the door, and she was silly enough to fall for it again. Sure enough, he'd be asleep in her chair when she got back. I think he thought that was his chair and machine and he wasn't going to give it up. He made us laugh all the time.
Cathy, thanks for the warning about animals and thread. They eat the darnedest things sometimes. My Smokey (a dog) was 12 years old, had never done anything like that. He stopped eating, so I got him to the vets, they X-rayed him and saw a large mass in his stomach. They operated, and the mass was rocks. He ate a bunch of them. He survived the surgery, but the next day his kidneys failed, and we lost him. It broke my heart. You just never know what they will get into. I watch Max (Smokey's brother) like a hawk when he goes outside now. He is 15 now and slowing down, but I know it's just a matter of time. If my Joe moves, Max runs for the office. Joe will tell him, "I'm not going to the office Max." Max puts his head down, and walks back to his bed with a sigh. Joe introduces him to people as "my business partner, Marley" (as in the "Christmas Carol") If Joe and Max are in the office, and Joe needs to move to the computer Max is sleeping in front of, Max snorts at him, and then comes upstairs to me to complain. I love all my furred and feathered babies. They are God's gift to us, we have to take care of them. Hugs to all, Jan L.