PDA

View Full Version : Happy Day! Happy Day!

turena65
February 27th, 2014, 09:57 AM
FINALLY.... my DH has a new job, after 10 months of searching, praying, interviewing, and over 75 applications and resumes he FINALLY has a new job! This wonderful man is a food scientist and worked for Tillamook Cheese for 18 1/2 years... he was unexpectedly laid off and began the process of searching immediately... poor guy is not one to be idle so between interviewing, he's been volunteering at several local food banks.

We are looking forward to this new adventure in our lives... Where are we going? The position is in Salt Lake City and we will be moving in July to somewhere in Utah county... we are anxious to spend lots of time with our 2 sons and their families who live down there, but at the same time it will be very difficult to be so far from our DD, DSIL, and their new baby boy :(

Shirley
February 27th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Congrats! happy to hear he has a new position.

Mazzer
February 27th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Wonderful news.

Marion

Bubby
February 27th, 2014, 11:06 AM
That's great news, Turena!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 27th, 2014, 11:08 AM
So glad for you, good luck with the move!

MRoy
February 27th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Congratulations! That's great news.

BobW
February 27th, 2014, 11:17 AM
That is fantastic news. I'm glad things worked out.

New York Sue
February 27th, 2014, 11:26 AM
SO happy to hear, Turena! Not the moving away part, but the 'hubby got a job' part!!
Beautiful country, Utah....
I hope you find a good position there as well, and your transition is smooth!
Keep us posted... ;)

Genny
February 27th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Congrats on your husband's new job! This has got to be such a relief to him and you too.

Monique
February 27th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Wonderful news.

Miss Sheri
February 27th, 2014, 12:27 PM
whoooo-hooooo!!!!
congratulations! [and welcome to Utah!!!]:icon_kiss:

pcbatiks
February 27th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Congratulations to your husband on the new job, Turena! I can hear the excitement! :)

toggpine
February 27th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Congrats on Hubby's new job!
Thankfully there are airplanes that fly between Portland & Salt Lake City, so visits are possible! And you'll get to see the rest of your family too!

Good luck on house hunting too! Make sure there is a spare bedroom for guests (& space for your quilting)!

cyndiofthevortex
February 27th, 2014, 03:09 PM
You sound so happy! Congratulations to both you and your husband. I hope you really love your new home.

Simply Quilting
February 27th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Congratulations on the new job for hubby!!!

HandsOffItsMine
February 27th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Congrats! What a way to start of 2014. It's a wonderful thing to find a new job in today's economy. Hopefully your DD and her family will be able to visit you in Utah in the near future once you're settled there. :)

Good luck, Ruby

easyquilts
February 27th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Congratulations! What great news....

GrammaBabs
February 27th, 2014, 08:11 PM
the very best of luck... he sounds like a wonderful man and truly deserves this!! hope you'll still post! GB

auntiemern
February 27th, 2014, 09:06 PM
What great news. I know it will be hard to be away from DD, but what a great opportunity. You may even get to meet Al, some time.

Blondie
February 27th, 2014, 09:09 PM
The bestest news I have heard all day. I am thrilled for you both. Adventure time is around the corner.

FINALLY.... my DH has a new job, after 10 months of searching, praying, interviewing, and over 75 applications and resumes he FINALLY has a new job! This wonderful man is a food scientist and worked for Tillamook Cheese for 18 1/2 years... he was unexpectedly laid off and began the process of searching immediately... poor guy is not one to be idle so between interviewing, he's been volunteering at several local food banks.

We are looking forward to this new adventure in our lives... Where are we going? The position is in Salt Lake City and we will be moving in July to somewhere in Utah county... we are anxious to spend lots of time with our 2 sons and their families who live down there, but at the same time it will be very difficult to be so far from our DD, DSIL, and their new baby boy :(

Nidan_07
February 27th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I am so happy for you. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. So I am guessing that the 'house hunting' will begin now??

ilive2craft2
February 27th, 2014, 11:46 PM
That is fantastic news about the job! Sorry that it involves a move - I wish you good luck in finding a new place to live - that includes great space for your quilting!

Grandma G
February 28th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Oh, that is terrific news. I know the move will be bittersweet and when you finally make the move you will have to get used to a new normal. Many blessings to your family.

MayinJerset
February 28th, 2014, 01:16 AM
That is Good News, wishing him success in his new position.