PDA

View Full Version : Update on MIL

Mpyles
February 26th, 2014, 11:32 PM
First let me thank all of you for keeping my mother in law in your thoughts and prayers. She is doing well. Her main artery was completely blocked and they have put a stint in. She was thankfully, already in the women's and children's hospital in Columbia for some reconstructive surgery on her nose. In January she had some cancer removed from her nose and that left a pretty big hole. She prettying much lost the left half of her nose. She had the first of three surgerys yesterday and they kept her overnight. Around 4 this morning she indicated some discomfort and after some tests that confirmed she was indeed. Having a heart attack they took her by ambulance to the Missouri university hospital. She has a great cardiologist and this evening he said things were looking good. She will be in for a few days though. DH and I decided that we would spend the night tonight so someone was local. We had quite a time finding a room. DH's 2 sisters had been here last night and needed to return home for some things...we will go home after our visit in the am.

Again thank you so much for the prayers! You all are awesome!!!

ilive2craft2
February 26th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Oh Mary - glad that she was quickly taken care of! My mom has 3 stents and had a bypass before that, so I know a bit about how you are feeling. Glad that she is in a good place getting good care. Hugs and prayers for all of you!

auntiemern
February 27th, 2014, 12:21 AM
Glad to hear she is being taken care of. University hospital is very good, so know she is in good hands.

sewbizzy
February 27th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Will keep your MIL and your family in my prayers...

Simply Quilting
February 27th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Glad she is doing better today. Although I hate why she was in the hospital in the first place, I am so thankful that they kept her over night and were able to get a fast correct diagnosis on the heart attack. Praying that she continues to recover.

MayinJerset
February 27th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Glad to hear the news, pray that things continue to get better for her.

easyquilts
February 27th, 2014, 04:29 AM
I 'm do glad everything us OK... I have give stents, altogether.... What a wonderful invention!

Blondie
February 27th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Mary, very very happy that she is doing well. Betcha you and hubs are exhausted. Sleep a bit if you can and know that angels are surrounding her, reminding the nurses and staff how special she is.

janluna
February 28th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Praying for you all. Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.