PDA

View Full Version : Update on our family.

mom4him
February 26th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Thank you, Donna, for spurring me this morning. I have been very negligent in keeping you wonderful people informed.
We are all doing good though. Allen is doing remarkably well. He is 5 weeks out from his surgery, no longer uses even his cane. He has been very faithful with his exercises and I know that is a major part of the success.

Richard's wound is very near healed. His wound nurse was here this morning and said she thinks by Friday it may be able to be pronounced finished. This will be the first time in almost 2 1/2 years that he won't have a wound to deal with. I can't really complain as he was in a chair for almost 19 years without any major issues but we are both looking forward to no sores.

My youngest son has had some really difficult weeks. It really started just before Allen's surgery. We both let our guard down and allowed some things into his life and our home. I have been seeking the Lord for wisdom as to what was going on. I realized Mon. I had really messed up. Yesterday in my devotion time the scripture was there that I needed to talk to the kids about this. It was not easy but they gave this stuff up(Tobias' idea,they shredded them)and I feel like I have my son back.

Me? I am exhausted most days. Between all the extra appointments, helping Allen with his exercises, schooling the kids and then just the normal life things, some days I simply drag. I have been napping in the afternoon when ever I can but many days, like today, that just isn't feasible. Allen's second surgery is scheduled for the 13th and I am really looking forward to it being over and him being to where he is now with it. God really has been my strength through it all.

Thank you, all of you that have lifted us up once or many times. I can not express how much it has meant.

Lilly
February 26th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Sandy - thank you for the update. I will re-up my prayers for you today. I guess I didn't realize you have one more surgery to get through. I'm sure the Lord is honored by your faithfulness in all the things you mentioned. What a friend and consoler we have in HIM!- Lilly

GrammaBabs
February 26th, 2014, 02:20 PM
thinking and praying with you Sandy.. you sound like a very strong woman... bless you and your family..

PeggyM
February 26th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Sandy, I'll keep you all in my prayers.

auntiemern
February 26th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear all of you are doing better.

easyquilts
February 26th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Thank you do much for the update.... Prayers for you and your family will continue.... Try to get dome rest... You must be totally exhausted...

SallyO'Sews
February 26th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the update, Sandy. We will continue to pray.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

baslp
February 27th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Sandy-- you wear many hats during the day! Take care of yourself.

Bubby
February 27th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Good hearing from you, Sandy, and that things are looking up for your family. I will continue to pray. Please try to take care of yourself.

MayinJerset
February 28th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Glad for the update and that Allen and Richard are doing good and that you got problem with younger son taken care of. God give you the strength to keep coping, May

GrammaBabs
February 28th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Your in my thoughts... family can be a challenge... but that is what family is all about... we take the good with the bad and hope we get thru it!!! take care.. I know what it is to be the "cog in the wheel"...:)

mom4him
March 3rd, 2014, 01:24 AM
I know this really is late but want to thank everyone for your thoughts,prayers and encouraging words. You are all amazing!

ilive2craft2
March 3rd, 2014, 01:42 AM
Sandy, it is good to hear from you and to hear such a good update! All of you continue to be in my daily prayers.