PDA

View Full Version : RAIN!!!

brook
February 26th, 2014, 03:32 AM
As many of you know, California has been in a drought and desperately needs rain. Well, finally it is suppose to start tomorrow and last for a few days. YAY!
The down side is, that because it hasn't rained in awhile there will be more chances for flooding, but I still am thankful that it's coming. : )

goofyizzy
February 26th, 2014, 04:48 AM
I'm with you. I took a little drive yesterday in an area that is typically very lush and green this time of year and everything is brown. I'm grateful we are getting rain.

Simply Quilting
February 26th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Glad you will be getting some much needed rain. Hopefully it will be a nice slow rain that absorbs into the ground with no flooding.

Pandabear
February 26th, 2014, 01:39 PM
If you like, I'll ship you some snow.

Quiltfreestyle
February 26th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Fingers crossed Coleen., looks like rain at my house today. We sure need it. I just hope it's a slow rain or we are going to have some mud slides here in the hills where we had fires last year.

vchale
February 26th, 2014, 02:15 PM
We are hoping and praying for rain here in ventura county of Southern California but hope it doesn't come all at once. Our hillside was burned in the springs fire last May so we don't need mudslides here.

rebeccas-sewing
February 26th, 2014, 03:47 PM
It's 10:40 a.m. on Wednesday morning and the sky is very gray in Orange County. The wind is blowing. Yay! We're gonna get some rain. It's said we will get quite a bit through the weekend. If there's no flooding that would be the icing on the cake. Keep your fingers crossed for a good outcome.

MayinJerset
February 26th, 2014, 06:57 PM
Just got an email from our oldest DGD who lives near Monterey CA and she's welcoming the rain, said it really is needed and that all that sunshine can get really boring. Also her DH has a stucco construction business and they can't apply it to houses when it rains so he gets work from her with her.