PDA

View Full Version : I blame myself and this forum for my DH's addiction!

Vonnie
February 25th, 2014, 01:56 PM
No, not quilt! :icon_rofl: Don't need a cure or complaint about that!

Someone on this forum mentioned that there was a show/series on netflix called Dexter. I talked my DH into watching the first episode. I did not like it - that main character really creeps me out. Asked DH if he liked it and he said it was so-so. But, that he thought he would watch one more episode. He's been watching almost nonstop. The only saving grace about it is that he's watching it on the laptop with headphones. Saturday night DS2 came running downstairs because the show he was watching on netflix was stopping a lot. He saw what his Dad was watching and said "I knew it!" He was further along in watching the show. I complained on the phone last night to DS1 about his Dad watching this show - there's like 96 episodes and they are about an hour long! DS1 said he started watching it several years ago while he was stationed in Iraq! 3 against 1 - but at least they are not watching it on the TV in the living room. Oh well - there's worse things to be addicted to. Now if I could just get them interested in quilting. Guys tend to spend more on their "toys" so just think how many more things I could get/borrow from them when quilting! :icon_heh:

GuitarGramma
February 25th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Too funny! But I'm with you; that guy creeps me out, too!

soul60s
February 25th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I loved Dexter. When it was first explained to me, they said he was a lovable serial killer. I looked at them like they had 3 heads. So I gave it a try and I was hooked. He IS a lovable serial killer. Why? Because he does what we all wish we could do when some low life literally gets away with murder. There is a reason why this show is popular. Like I tell my sister, give something a chance first before saying you don't like it. She has a habit of proclaiming she doesn't like something without giving it a fair shot. She watches 10 minutes of something and decides on that. Sigh. I thought for sure I would hate Game of Thrones. I saw the first episode and hated it. Honestly, I really wasn't paying close attention to it. Then EVERYONE said it was great. So I figured I'd give it another shot. First episode (watched it again) I was interested, second episode I was intrigued, third episode I was completely hooked. I was wrong and now I can't wait until the new season.

dwil23
February 25th, 2014, 10:04 PM
I'm not a TV watcher, but 3 of my 4 kids were hooked on it and were so sad to see it end. I will say they were all disappointed with the way it ended, though.

easyquilts
February 25th, 2014, 10:50 PM
I watched every single episode... Didn't like the ending..... But, it was a very addicting show... The main character fascinated me...

quiltingtrish
February 25th, 2014, 11:37 PM
DH watched every single show. It was on almost non-stop ( yes, on the living room tv). Thank goodness we do not have small children around. Frankly, if I did come into hearing-shot of the show, I would think 'oh please'. And the swearing! I don't think I ever met anyone who says that word so much! Well, we do have one set of friends that say it a lot and fortunately we only see them about once a year for just a few minutes. I knew what would happen at the end. My thought is that they did not know how to end it (don't want to say here in case there are those who are not that far in to it). Just wasn't my cuppa of tea but it sure was DH's. haha!

Madeforyouinma11
February 26th, 2014, 06:12 AM
OMG, I loved Dexter! At first I wasn't sure if I liked how it ended, but the more I thought about it, I did. It gave them the opening to have another one! That would be so awesome. I really miss the show. I even read the books and they were good too!

Peggi
February 26th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Seems to be a common thread... bad guys you end up somehow rooting for. Dexter, Walter White, Tony Soprano.... I'm curious to see if Frank Underwood (House of Cards) will end up in that category.