• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Happy Tuesday Folksies!

Wow, I did something I very rarely do - climb back in the bed and then I fell back asleep! Now I feel as if half of my day is gone! Wow! After a lazy day yesterday, doing the mundane things like laundry, cleaning toilets and stuff like that, I shouldn't be tired. It was a wonderful "day off" for me. I made a delish stir fry chickie last evening for dinner. How wonderful to not feel as if I had to rush rush rush . . . today will be a bit different. I intend to go down and make some bread with Mom and a birthday cake for Middle Son Josh. He also has the day off from work, so I am certain he will be looking for some extra TLC. You know I will lavish that guy with attention.

AAAHHHH, another big stretch right now and a fresh cup of coffee. I haven't even had a full cup this morning before I kissed the big man adios for the day. The weather is getting cold again. Dang nabbit! And a heckfire shoot thrown in. I got so spoiled by the nice weekend weather. Snow showers tomorrow. C'mon Spring! Show that ground hawg he is a bit story teller. I am soooooo ready to get my fingers dirty. I have some seeds I am wanting to sow to go under the grow lights. Does anyone else do that? I have had some limited success with that in years past. I like my pretty annuals, adore my perrenials and of course, there is always the veggie patch. We have pared down our veggie garden the last few years but this year I intend on increasing it and the variety of those edibles.

Off to find the coffee pot. Everyone have a wonderful day, full of blessings, joy and of course, SMILES.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Bubby
    Missouri Star
    • Jun 2011

Re: Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Morning,

The Girls woke me up a little after 4. Sweet Olive has been sick but I think she's much better today. I held her for a couple hours yesterday and fed her water and broth through a straw. She thinks that's the least you can do for a sick scottie girl! I think she's back to normal this morning. She and Dottie had a little spat and Olive felt well enough to hold her own . Ahhh, life with dogs...

I hope everyone got to watch the segment on M* on the news last night. If you missed it the link was posted this morning. Of course we had a dissenter who doesn't have a clue.

I have to go to make a trip to Walmart this morning for a few things. That always knocks a hole in my day.

Wishing everyone a good Tuesday...
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• EnumclawGramma
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Good Morning Blondie! It's gettin' a bit cold here too. I don't think they're calling for snow though. No thanks!

I climbed back in this morning too, but only managed a half hour doze or so. Not complaining because night before last I got NO sleep. My Mollie climbed in with me this morning after my man got up and she's a bit of a bed hog, so....yup. She's in there still!

I've got another day of training at the hospital for my volunteer job in the gift shop. This is WAY more involved than I anticipated. I've never worked retail, settling up the register at the end of the shift is daunting! Am I too old to learn this stuff? I didn't need MORE stress. Oy.

Blondie, I like to start seeds in Spring in my kitchen window. I usually go for flowers: Impatiens, Nasturtiums, Pansies. I haven't tried my hand at the vegies, other than tomatoes. DH has to have his herb garden. I like tending the flowers, gardening however....not so much!

OK, off to get it going. Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone. Hugs/Prayers if ya want/need.

15123_562914493749486_844865704_n.jpg
      sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

• jsmetcalf
        Applique Angel
        • Mar 2013

Good morning -
        I wondered where you were this morning, Blondie! Usually when I get to the computer I find that you have posted long before me...and I'm an early riser! I had an especially early morning today because my mind is scrambled with a choice I need to make. After IRNONICALLY saying to my husband yesterday morning that I probably needed to get a job to pay for all my fabric wishes and a cruise to Alaska, I got a call from my old job asking me if I would be interested in returning on a part-time basis (I'm an RN and until 2 years ago was the Nursing Director for a home health agency). IF I was inclined to go to work, it would be the perfect hours and would more than supply all my fabric and cruise desires, but that's a big IF! So now I guess I'll spend the rest of the day thinking through this. I much prefer decisions like shall we plant beans or potatoes or should we head west to visit these grandkids or are we due to visit these grandkids or do I want to get up now or turn over and catch another hour's sleep. Ugh! IF I had available to me the opportunity to work in the neonatal intensive care where I've spent most of my career, it would be an easy choice. But out here in the boondocks, that isn't a possibility. So......my day begins. I already have a headache!
        It was fun seeing Jenny last night! Hope everybody got a chance to catch that and that y'all have a great day!
        Judy
        Judy

Comment

• Monique
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Good morning friends. I did not even get dressed yesterday. Stayed in my jammies all day. I did get laundry done and picked up a little here and there. I put the border on the square in a square quilt. Now to get it sandwiched. I started another with the second set of blocks. The same but a little different.

Sun is shining but cold out. SPRING please hurry up.

Have a wonderful day friends.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• MayinJerset
            Missouri Star
            • May 2012

Hi Blondie, I'm trying to smile but it's cold in here, no sun today to warm this side of the house so we may have to turn the heat up a little bit more. No smile also because No Coffee! Fasting for regular blood workup at doctor's early this morning. Nice Dunkin Donuts near his office and it will be my first stop on the way home. If the scales are lower than last check up I might even pick up a doughnut and
            sweet tuesday.jpg

Comment

• GrammaBabs
              Missouri Star
              • Aug 2010

Tuesday is quilting day for me... favorite day of the week...
              We see Jenny last night would have loved more,,,LOVE how she stood up for my favorite hobby,,, quilting quickly and with Love and the purpose.. TO BE USED!!! and to have fun!
              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2010

Yawn, stretch, yawn. Ahhh, I get up tired because I have spent most of my nighttime hours stitching and planning and deciding . . . what to do next? I have way too many projects lined up and way too little time where I am alone and can be productive. Yesterday was a pure waste of time - sat around for several hours waiting for a return phone call about the computer on our long-arm - the call never came . . . but I had to be where I was so I could answer all the questions and supply information. The call will probably be returned this morning when we are on our way out for our monthly brother-sister-sister lunch. DRATS!

And so, that's the way the ball is bouncing here.

Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• MRoy
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jul 2011

Good morning! Brrrr, it's cold. I have an errand this morning....DH's aunt's TV went out yesterday and she and I are going to shop for another one. She's 92 years old and loves to watch TV so we'll be bringing one home for me to hook up to her satellite...for sure! She's a sweetie and I don't mind at all.

I enjoyed seeing Jenny on the national news last night. I wish the Doans much success. They are helping to revitalize quilting and Hamilton MO and they deserve the recognition they are getting. Happy Tuesday!
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• dwil23
                    Missouri Star
                    • May 2012

Good Morning!

I came home from work at 3 am - just didn't feel very good, but mostly dead tired - I think I got a total of 3 hours and 37 minutes of sleep yesterday, but that was part in the morning and part in the evening and even then interrupted by at least three phone calls. It was just one of those days.

SO, I am off for the next three nights and really need to make some progress. I have about decided that I am going to have to totally repaint my new quilting/scrapping room - walls and ceilings. The smell of cigarette smoke is just not going away. I just read that you have to use product like Kilz - regular paint won't do it. I mixed vanilla into it, but it still smells. I've tried dishes of white vinegar, opening the door and windows, candles and plug in thingies. It still reeks. I am so ready to move my things in there and get organized so that I can sew, but don't want my things - especially my scrapbooks to soak up the odor. AT least my fabrics could be washed.

I waited there yesterday for the former owners to come and claim their kitties - one of whom is now very preggo. Ughh. Hopefully they came after I had to leave. Now, I love kittens, but we just really don't need any more.

Supposed to have a cold front come through again Wednesday and Thursday. I have never had a green thumb, never had any success with anything grown from seeds. I may try again next year, though.

Monique - you had "my kind of day" yesterday. No place I have to go, just stay in my jammies and do what needs to be done and get a little sewing time in.

Everyone have a Blessed day and stay warm if it's cold where you are..
                    Donna

Comment

• MayinJerset
                      Missouri Star
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
                      Hi Blondie, I'm trying to smile but it's cold in here, no sun today to warm this side of the house so we may have to turn the heat up a little bit more. No smile also because No Coffee! Fasting for regular blood workup at doctor's early this morning. Nice Dunkin Donuts near his office and it will be my first stop on the way home. If the scales are lower than last check up I might even pick up a doughnut and
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]69460[/ATTACH]
                      Back from doctors and didn't stop for any doughnuts as I've lost 15 lbs since the summer, so I settled for coffee and toast as usual. Saving up for a really good treat as I'm not crazy about DD's doughnuts, only like their Hazelnut coffee, hot or as a iced Coolatta.

Comment

• Blondie
                        Missouri Star
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
                        Back from doctors and didn't stop for any doughnuts as I've lost 15 lbs since the summer, so I settled for coffee and toast as usual. Saving up for a really good treat as I'm not crazy about DD's doughnuts, only like their Hazelnut coffee, hot or as a iced Coolatta.
                        Good for you May! You have stronger will power than I do. I love DD donut's - their jelly donuts make me swoon. My Daddy preferred Krispy Kremes - he said DD's were too "doughie". Duh! That's why they are called doughnuts. LOL. Good thing there isn't a DD too very close to me. Love their coffee, too.
                        Sewing mends the soul.
                        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• auntiemern
                          Missouri Star
                          • Mar 2012

Was up early for me today. Kiddo's spent the night, and had to get them up, ready, and out the door to drive to the bus stop. I didn't sleep worth diddly last night. In a major lupus flare, and conveniently my Walgreen's has my med on back order. They found some for me about 20 miles away, so DH is on his way to get it. Burning, itching rash. Even on the bottom of my feet, so it is very uncomfortable walking. Spent most of the night scratching and being unhappy. Needless to say I am not happy with Walgreen's.
                          Today is my oldest GD's birthday. I can't believe she is 11 already. (11 going on 15). She wanted and I-Pod, but I just couldn't see spending that much $ on something that had limited functionality. So I ended up getting her a brand spanking new smartphone. Of course I didn't pay retail for it...we were all due for upgrades..so I gave in and upgraded DD, DH and I all new to smartphones, and just added a line. (new technology to DH and I) Ughhhhh. DD is gonna have to spend considerable time teaching us how to use them. I got DH a Rugby with an otterbox for added protection, and us girls all got the new LG Optimus Pro. Now doesn't that sound fancy? lol..DD tells me I will love it, to which I reply...yeah about as much as my tablet. (It sits untouched most of the time) I am slowly figuring some of it out. Phones are for talking on. We shall see. Gonna read some other posts. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.
                          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                          sigpic

Comment

• EmmaB
                            The Guild President
                            • Mar 2013

Woke up at 3:30 this morning, piddled around til about 4:30. Decided to sew my binding strips together and now have my binding pinned. By the time I got that done, it was 6:20 (yeah I'm a little slow, plus I had to take lots of coffee breaks). Got my frig cleaned out and took all the trash out because it's trash day. Took care of my furbabies, did some dishes, got ready for work and now here I am sleepy as all get out! Ugh, I hate when that happens. Seriously, I could lay down and take a nap. Today needed to be a jammy day.

It was so nice to see the Doan family on the news. It just so happen that I was looking at the forum and someone mentioned that it was on. I quickly changed the channel and shortly after that her segment came on. Such a positive story. I'm so thankful for her videos because if it weren't for them I probably would have never started this. It always looked so difficult and she makes it look so easy and is so carefree and light about it. She makes learning fun.

Sandy, I relate to your picture. It is so me, especially today. I'm such a zombie.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

p.s.: Most people here have dogs it seems so here's a dog question...my 2 pugs are both females and one of them licks the other one a lot. Is this a dominance thing? Is she giving her a bath? What? Hate to say it but the sound of it drives me nuts and when you pick up the one that has been licked she's all wet and yucky. Chime in if you have a clue
                            Sharon

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2012

Hi everyone! I was the school bus this morning taking my grandkids to school, so I had to get up and at 'em early before they came to my house. My daughter works on a weekly schedule that changes every week. Makes things crazy for getting the kids to and from school. Glad I can help out, but so etimes it just isn't possible. They are at an age where thy've outgrown babysitters and daycare, but are really too young to be left on their own. Hey, back in the day, I was watching my 4 younger siblings at age 10, but that was a few generations ago!

Loved the NBC piece on Missouri Star and Jenny. My tie dye shirt ( with me in it standing next to Jenny) landed in the photo montage at the end of the piece, that was exciting! My 2 seconds of fame on national TV! I agree, it was too short, but 2-1/2 minutes of network prime time coverage has to be very valuable for a business. And what's with the gal who said shame on Jenny for intoducing simpler methods to the art of quilting? I don't get that thinking! Think many of the forum members voiced their support of what Jenny as done EASY AND WITH A MACHINE!

Comment

Working...
                              X