PDA

View Full Version : have you ever

Pandabear
February 24th, 2014, 06:46 PM
placed an order with MSQC (or another online outlet), then received an email saying it shipped only to wonder what the heck you ordered because you *completely* forgot you ordered something?

Maybe it's time I got my memory checked.

redcaboose1717
February 24th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Yes, but not with MSQC. I have gotten into the habit of making a copy of the order ....and then I have a folder I keep all the statements from the things I purchase on line. After doing this a couple of times with other things, and wondering what I purchased I decided to do this....it works for me.

BobW
February 24th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Well, I have to admit that I have ordered the same material from two different suppliers before. Sort of the same thing. LOL

MayinJerset
February 24th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Yes I have and I also try to remember to print out a copy of my orders. Once I was so busy remembering to print out a copy of my order that I forgot to click and send the order in. Realized what I did a few weeks later when I checked with company about where my order was.

Jeannie acton
February 24th, 2014, 07:34 PM
I keep a copy of my orders but hide them in that 'somewhere safe and secret place' that only quilters know we have away from prying eyes who might start adding up how much we are spending! Lol

Simply Quilting
February 24th, 2014, 08:03 PM
I've done it with books when the book was back ordered. More times than not, a box would show up at the door and I would wonder what was in it.

soul60s
February 24th, 2014, 08:04 PM
I keep all my invoices but my problem is I order stuff and even though it only takes 4 or so days to get here, I forget what I wanted to make with it. I bought 3 charm packs (all the same) to go with the one I had at home. Now have 4 of the same charm packs and no idea why. Ugh.

I got the Felicity jelly roll, matching border and matching trim so obviously I had something in mind. That is ALL that is in my mind. No idea what I had planned.

Pandabear
February 24th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Yes I have and I also try to remember to print out a copy of my orders. Once I was so busy remembering to print out a copy of my order that I forgot to click and send the order in. Realized what I did a few weeks later when I checked with company about where my order was.

Done that! Ordered a DVD from Amazon and waited and waited... Only to find out I never checked out.

Pandabear
February 24th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I keep a copy of my orders but hide them in that 'somewhere safe and secret place' that only quilters know we have away from prying eyes who might start adding up how much we are spending! Lol

Does everyone have a 'safe place' that is so safe even you can't find it? Because I have MANY of them :)

Pandabear
February 24th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I keep all my invoices but my problem is I order stuff and even though it only takes 4 or so days to get here, I forget what I wanted to make with it. I bought 3 charm packs (all the same) to go with the one I had at home. Now have 4 of the same charm packs and no idea why. Ugh.

I got the Felicity jelly roll, matching border and matching trim so obviously I had something in mind. That is ALL that is in my mind. No idea what I had planned.

I had that happen recently with a layer cake. I eventually found the pattern and started my project. Then I was going through my precut draw for something and found 3 pins and needles charm packs that I have no clue what I bought them for. I don't remember when I bought them either.

Kgrammiecaz
February 25th, 2014, 12:12 AM
On Missouri Star you can put a note on your order after you placed it about what you will do with what you purchased. I have not yet made use of it, but I should. And it would be great if all the others did that too.

Maybe we should send ourselves an email lol