PDA

View Full Version : Monday - a new week and almost new month

Blondie
February 24th, 2014, 07:41 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!

Can you believe we are almost into March? That translates into closer to Spring to me. Me likey !!!!!! Yesterday was a truly glorious spring like day on The Hill. We cleaned the yard up a bit, spent most of the day down at Mom's enjoying a nice dinner she prepared for all of us. (She is doing so much better, thanks to all for your prayers. It has been a rough long 10 months. I never want to revisit 2013.) Of course we are aware that winter ain't done yet; the air is already cooler. Sigh. Our almanac called for 3 snows in February with the last event this week. They have been right on the previous two and it seems as if on Wednesday they may make it 3 for 3 since we may get a wee bit of snow.

Today I am going to be pretty much footloose and fancy free. I do not plan on answering the phone. I intend to play at being at home all by myself. I may even dance around the house in my underwear!

Off to start practicing that dance . . . the rest of you may join me and if you don't feel like dancing, at least SMILE!

RFREE
February 24th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Morning Blondie. I got out Saturday and trimmed all my rose bushes and other stuff in my yard. Weird to have 63 degree weather in February. Can't wait for spring to get here. I am so glad your mamma is doing good. I miss mine so bad every day. I wish I had spent more time with her.You are so lucky to live within walking distance of her. I would give anything to have her back:(
Well it's back to work for me. Yall have a great week and as Blondie sais keep on smiling!!!
Hugs from Ky
Rhonda

EmmaB
February 24th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Good Morning Girls! Spring visited Saturday. It was so nice to see the sunshine. My BFF's called me Saturday morning to ask me huge favor....help unload her mother's stuff. Her mom is moving into her mom's house. There were so many clothes and shoes! BFF warned me but I just couldn't believe it. I felt a little bad for her because I do think she has a shopping issue and everyone else was making comments about all the stuff. I think it was embarrassing for her. I just kept on truckin into the house with armloads of clothes and didn't say anything. To say the least I didn't get my quilt finished as I had planned, but I did get it trimmed up and cut the strips for my binding. Have to leave a little earlier this morning to see about some new tires for the car. Fun, fun!

Have a great day everyone!

Iris Girl
February 24th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Good morning all! We did see some melt down and temps got to 50 sat and in the 40's yesterday. Can't get near the clothesline to hang clothes out so they were scattered around the house to dry. Today they say some snow flurries and weds a snow shower. Hoping not.. Have 2 more classes to teach before the quilt show and hoping for a good turnout as that is the money I get to spend at the quilt show. I started another cute lil quilt for PICU and am sandwiching my 5 and dime runner. Work all week for me , I am blessed I only work part time so I have short days and time to sew before work and after before dinner time. Need to make a pit stop at staples on my way into work for copies . Everyone have a wonderful day and as Blondie says smile.

tennesseesews
February 24th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Yesterday was beautiful in W. TN, Mid 60's. Went to church, came home for quick lunch, then on the motorcycle with DH for a 45 minute ride to Florence AL. and a little shopping. Hancocks had some really nice blouse weight fabric 90% off. $1.29 a yard!! Really need to use up stash but..........................:icon_rolleyes: Have a Blessed day

EnumclawGramma
February 24th, 2014, 09:15 AM

Good Morning! Happy Monday! Happy almost Spring!

That's all the happy you're gettin' outta me for a bit. I was up at 12:30 for the day. DGD came in to our room to get something out of our bathroom after we'd been sleeping for a couple hours. That's like a nice nap for me. Tried to get back to sleep but to no avail, gave up and got up. It's going to be a L O N G day. The upside is that I will sleep like a champ tonight!

We got rain and rain with snow this weekend. Not sure what today will bring but it's cold and looks pretty wet out there. Back to school after a week off means a return to a schedule, and that's a good thing. I've got yoga today, and when you don't wanna go.....that's when you NEED to go. I've already got my laundry folded and my bed made. Tidy the kitchen and grab my shower and the rest of the world can wake up.

Blondie, I am SO happy your Mama is doing better! That means YOU have more time for you and what you love and that's a good thing. Now behave yourself and no more injuries and you'll be tip toeing thru the tulips in Spring for sure! (sorry. corny. best I could do!)

Ok, that's it from this corner of the world. Have a wonderful day, make someone happy, do something fun. Hugs/prayers for all who want/need!

Carol336
February 24th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Good morning all. The temps were in the 50's Sat and Sun.....so most of the snow melted off and everything is wet and soggy. But that's ok....we really enjoyed the little taste of spring. Can't wait for the rest of it to get here. The prediction is for a snow shower this evening with little or no accumulation.

I went to Joann's yesterday for some needed fabric.....no that's a little white lie.....it was really just to get some more fabric for my stash - LOL. Well anyway, I hadn't been there is few weeks and was surprised to see that they are in the middle of a re-model. They used to have 2 check out registers - side by side - right inside the door. Now that space is wide open (looks like they plan to put other things there) and the registers (now numbering 4) are along a side wall with bank line sort of setup. Kinda of like Michaels or Marshalls. Well that - to me at least - equates to quicker check out times...NOT!! They had 2 ladies cutting and one lady manning the register section. The lines were horrendous. When I finally advanced to the register I commented about all the registers and only one check out person. Bless her heart, this lady was coping very well, and she said "We don't know why they have added all these registers when they won't let us have more than 3 people working in the store at any given time.....they will not allow us to hire anyone else." Crazy!!!! I tell you these girls had a better system when it was just the 2 registers!!! But I guess some pencil pusher in higher management thought it would be better to have a long wall of registers....grrr!!!! Rant over.

Dr appt today and then hopefully some cutting out. My wonderful scrapbooking fabric came a few days ago and I'm dying to get going on the click bags for my weekend crop (scrapbooking) in April.

I'm researching things to do with jelly rolls since I took the plunge and got one on the DD a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone have a good place mat tut using jelly rolls - I'd like to try a QAYG one.

Have a wonderful day everyone - and - as Blondie says - Smile Smile Smile!!!

buckeyequilter
February 24th, 2014, 09:37 AM

Good morning......

I took a vacation day today and have a doctors appointment in a little while. Get that over with I'm going to come home and practice quilting. I have a couple of JR quilts that I put together with left over fabric and am going to put those on the frame and practice, practice, practice. I'm going to try all kinds of designs, stencils, threads etc. I will keep these quilts around the house to use when watching TV or just whenever I'm a bit chilly.

I finished a quilt top this week-end and am thinking about how I want to quilt it. It's a spider web and I might just spiral quilt the webs and do some straight stitching on the star area.

Well need to get something to eat and get a shower. Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs.

Bubby
February 24th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Morning Everyone,

I had a busy weekend. I cleaned apartments all weekend while Jeff painted. We took the Girls with us and they were a real pain. Dottie cried the whole time because she wanted to be with me. I can't have her with me when I'm cleaning floors and windows. I could hear her crying all the way across the parking lot. I'm sure our tenants really appreciated that!

Yesterday I spend the day in the kitchen making applesauce. I came upon a good deal on apples and took the plunge. I use my Grandma's recipe and then bag it and it goes into the freezer. It's really good with pork or chicken...yum! I got 18 pints put up.

Jeff thinks we blew a head gasket (?) on our truck. This could be really expensive to repair. We may just buy a different vehicle if it's too expensive to fix. So far 2014 has not been good to us.

Sweet Olive is sick with diarrhea and vomiting. She will drink water but refuses food. Maybe today she will eat a little something. If she's not better tomorrow I will take her to the vet.

Did anyone watch the Closing Ceremony for the Olympics? It was fantastic!

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Hugs....

Simply Quilting
February 24th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Good Morning!!! I'm off to the city again today. I've got to return the rolling sewing tote that I bought - sadly, it is broken. I'm hoping for a quick exchange before the rest of the errands today. I'm going to take the oldest son so we can stop in at the Lego store. A couple of other places to run to then home before hubby goes to work this afternoon.

I need to get my MO * shopping list finalized this afternoon. I am hoping to get in some sewing later today. I have one more skirt that I have all the material for. I have enjoyed making my daughter charm/jellyroll skirts. I might even work on a quilt tonight. We'll just have to see how much I feel like getting done. I was very tired over the weekend. On Sunday, I came home from church and slept from 11:30 AM until 5PM and then went back to bed at 10:30PM. I could have gone to bed earlier but we were gone. I am looking forward to sunshine days but right now the forecast is falling temperatures all week.

Have a great day everyone :)

Monique
February 24th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone. I had a relatively quiet weekend. We did go to my niece's wedding reception for a bit. We did not stay long. Boys wanted to get back home early so they could get up early and watch the Gold medal hockey game. Canada won their final gold.

I did not get into my sewing room but I think today is the day. Hubby just left for work. I need to pick up a bit and then get to sewing. I will not go to exercise today, I have a sore back.

Have a great day everyone.

MayinJerset
February 24th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Yesterday we were out for the afternoon and really enjoyed the warm fresh outdoor air. Seems so many others did the same as all the roads and highways were jam packed with cars.

Need to get moving for today's list of things to do, need to update our Pillowcase Instruction handout, TV room floor needs a good cleaning, some laundry needs putting away and have check fridge/freezer for tonight's dinner.

Have my regular doctor's 6 month check up early tomorrow morning so I need to find my doctor's visit outfit, a short sleeve vee neck tee for easy bp and heart check up and blood sample. Since tomorrow's snow forecast was changed to partly cloudy afterwards I'll get some errands done.

Sandy Navas
February 24th, 2014, 11:39 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_skGxn7hbrbk/TK1J5iYn87I/AAAAAAAACew/k3epjCDT4B4/s1600/Tired.JPG

HandsOffItsMine
February 24th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I was fine reading Blondie's intro for the day 'till I got to the part of Blondie running around in her Undies...

69396 For some reason this picture got in my head and made me laugh...! Sorry Sis, I just pictured LL chasing you around the house. :P

But really this is you 69397 :D You always bring a smile on everyones face! Missed your call, tried to get you but you already went back to Mama Ruth.

We had the grandbabies overnight on Saturday, tons of fun. They left at noon on Sunday, we took a long nap. They tuckered us out. lol

Today will be a day of puttering around the house. Not much energy lately, these big temp changes are doing a number on my Fibro/Migraines. Hope it starts to stabilize so my body can heal. Tired of being tired.

Prayers for those who need it. Huggers for all, Ruby

Jean Sewing Machine
February 24th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Hello everyone! I woke up early to clear the decks for the bug man. He comes every other month, hate to have him see the same junk on the floor he saw two months before! I say he is like my substitute MIL, I clean for him better than for anyone else!

Now my house is reasonably clean, and I'm pooped! Yesterday, I looked and looked for my new ruffler to make ruffles for some pillow shams I want to make. I cleaned down to bare tabletops in the sewing room looking for it! Finally last night, I remembered that I had taken a picture of it to share with Ruby in the guest bedroom! By the time I found it, it was too late to use it! That's on my agenda for today!

Love the vision of Blondie running around in her undies! Funny pic, Ruby! When I lived in the country, our house was surrounded with woods. Our nearest neighbor was 1/4th mile away through dense woods. Our master bath had a huge bay window looking out onto the lake and 40 acres of woods. But, being a city girl, I could not shower in there until I hung a curtain! Just used to neighbors 6 feet away, I guess!

Hope you all have a great day!

auntiemern
February 24th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Good day all. No kiddo's today, but do have to go get GD#1 her b'day gift. She is getting a new smart phone. Not sure what it will be, and I am taking DD with me, cuz I know nothing about those things. I will finally finish the binding on the 2nd benefit quilt. That quilt seems to be taking me forever to complete. Too much going on, and not feeling great..does nothing to get quilts finished. Blondie, so very happy that momma is doing so much better. I don't know if I would dance in my underwear, but do it quite frequently in my jammies ;). Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

rebeccas-sewing
February 24th, 2014, 02:46 PM
A friend of mine went with me to see "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit." We've been going to the movies a lot. She's a widow and all three of her daughters live pretty far from home. She gets very lonely so going to the movies together is something we both look forward to. Boy oh boy! That sure did have me up and on the edge of my seat! If you like action films you'll like this movie. Also, I can guarantee husbands and boyfriends will dig this film if you're looking for something you'll both enjoy.

buckeyequilter
February 24th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Have my regular doctor's 6 month check up early tomorrow morning so I need to find my doctor's visit outfit, a short sleeve vee neck tee for easy bp and heart check up and blood sample. Since tomorrow's snow forecast was changed to partly cloudy afterwards I'll get some errands done.

Haha....I have doctor shirts also. I wore a t-shirt today...I don't normally wear t-shirts in the winter but it's easier to check the bp.

Annette Ackley
February 24th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I have the day off. Going to sew some 12 inch blocks for a Round Robin project. Been looking all week for the perfect block. Finally found one. It has been snowing off and on all morning. So envious of those who live further down south. Can't wait for Spring to get here. Have a great day Quilting!!!

toggpine
February 24th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Em is back in school! Yea! Hard morning for her to get up and out of bed. We made it, and my guess is she'll be tuckered out by the end of the day.

May, I'm blaming you and your hungry night owl post. I want a doughnut. A big, gooey, raised-job with frosting & sprinkles. I'd also take a cake donut with cherry frosting, but there is only one place to get those and it's nearly 2 hours away. My butt doesn't need a donut, so I'll go make another cup of coffee and find something to do in the sewing room.
I'll need to get to school by 2:15 to help sort & stuff papers for the kids Monday Mail in their backpacks. I'll also hand out Em's birthday party invites.
This is the first year she gets a "friends" party. Her birthday always falls during mid-winter break, so this year I convinced her to have her party after her birthday so she could invite some school friends. It ought to be fun. We are taking the kids to the local ceramics place and they each get to paint a tile for a trivet. Em will get a plate with a finger/thumb print of each of her friends at the party. We are going to give this a try, as I don't really want all of the kids in my house and this time of year the weather is usually too crappy to have the party outside. It kind of sucks that she can't invite all of the kids in her class, but the space in the room is limited, and so is our budget. She gets to choose 10 friends to come. We'll see how many make it.
Now I have to find a pattern for an elephant cake.... Wilton web site - here I come. Wish me luck!