PDA

View Full Version : It is Friday, and

toggpine
May 13th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I CAN'T FIND ANY COWS!
This may seem silly, but I need a couple of bovines for our field response training this weekend, and I can't get anybody to call me back! I just need them for a few hours. We need to herd them in and out for the trailer a few times and they can go home. I am OK if we can't find any swine, but the cattle are pretty essential. They are going to fire me as the animal wrangler. Hmmmm. I may never have to do this job again! Maybe I don't want any cows after all....

I got to be the tooth fairy for the first time! Em lost one of her bottom baby teeth this afternoon. She was a bit spooked at first, but a quick rinse with cold water, a bit of Tylenol, and a red otter-pop later, all was well in her world. Mine is fine, except for the bit about the cows.

I'm going to bed now. I'll try again in the morning. I hope you all have a great start to your day!
Cathy

Blondie
May 13th, 2011, 06:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Days/bufr.gif
Happy Friday, Cathy and Ladies
Cathy, I sure hope you weren't calling folks at 3 - 4 in the morning! I might not be able to remember if I had cows or not at that time. hehehe. Good luck finding a volunteer!

It's Friday, my favorite day of the week. Well, it would be if I didn't have to work Saturdays. Consequently, I should try to make a banner that reads TGIS or something.

Rainy, drizzly the past few days on the chilly side; which is fine with me. I love summer for gardening but dread the heat. I don't want to have to pay for the A/C.
Why is it that everything goes up but my income?? One would think considering the economic situation here and abroad that the greed breeders would take a breath and do like Wal mart and pretend to roll back prices.
It's too early to think of anything.
Gimme my coffee! I'll drink the whole pot, please!

Who does big stuff on Memorial Day? Plans?

Loonwatcher
May 13th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Morning All, TGIFFFFF!!!!! Cathy, what do you need the cows and pigs for?

looks nice out now but supposed to get rainy for the weekend. Son and I are going to meet DH at camp this afternoon. DH has been there since Tuesday. There's a road here in Vermont that goes through Smuggler's Notch which is closed for the winter. I just heard on the news that it is open again. I'll be going that way; it's a much nicer, scenic route than taking the highway. That's providing I can pick up some thread between here and the turn to the notch; otherwise I'll have to take the "ugly" route so I'll go by JoAnn's.

Have a great weekend.

quiltingtrish
May 13th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Good Friday to everyone!
No cows here Cathy - but there were some cute little ones down the road a bit on the way to my girlfriends.
Looks like our yard sale is a bust for tomorrow so we will try for next weekend. That just gives us more time to find more stuff!

Memorial Day is a big day for us. This year it will be even nicer since our last day of school is the 27th and I don't have to go back for another week past the long weekend off. We begin the weekend on the 28th this year by dragging as much as we can out of the basement into the driveway. Then we start sorting. We have 3 piles - put back, throw out, and burn. That usually takes the whole day. The 29th is attending to the make-ahead food and last minute cleaning. The 30th is the picnic for both sides of the family and friends. We have gotten up to 40 people one year. We also get new litle flags to line the driveway and sidewalk to remind all who come to remember those that have given their lives for the freedom for us to be able to get together as family and friends with noone interfering. The whole month of May is attending to the major Spring cleaning in the house with everything getting a wipe down and curtains washed, blankets thrown on the lines, flower beds attended to and have everything looking spiffy - as much as we can get to spiffy! haha!

It's already quite cloudy out there and just waiting for the skies to open up and start pouring their wet drops all over the flower beds. They could use a good soaking right now, but since it's to rain all week, I'm sure I'll be quite tired of it by tomorrow knowing it won't stop for awhile. I really feel for those in the midwest with more coming that they certainly don't need.

I did get my stereo system off the table and up on the piano. Got the 3 large components all hooked up together and they all even turned on (!), however, I have discovered that to HEAR anything, I need to find the speakers which are separate. So, we'll be on the hunt for those in the basement soon.
Well - offa' here and heading in to work. Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Hugs,

Monique
May 13th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Good morning,

Sorry Cathy, can't help you with the cows but good luck.

Blondie where do you get those lovely pictures you always post?

Nancy, have a wonderful and safe trip.

Trish, good luck on your yard sale. Wish I lived close by I could add stuff to your sale. LOL!!

Another day of cleaning. UGHH! But I only have one week left to do it. Wedding fast approaching.

Still haven't been able to find time to quilt. Too tired at the end of the day.

I wish everyone a wonderful weekend regardless of the weather.

Monique

magnoliaquilts
May 13th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Yay, its Friday!! And I have my coffee. What more could a girl ask for?? crappy weather coming in for the next many days, thru Thursday they say...ugh! As of 5 PM today I am officially on vacation. Just a vacation from work, and boy do I need it. I will probably wish I was working whn I get to cleaning this week...haha

I now have a full house again. #3 is home from college. Her and all her friends...up goes the grocery bill again... Hope everyone has a great weekend.

patticakes
May 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Morning all! On my second cup o' joe, but I can tell I'm gonna need more! Haven't been able to spend more than a couple minutes on here lately but I have jumped on to catch up at least once a day. BF hasn't worked all week and you know what it's like with a man under your feet all day, not much sewing get's done. We had a "fiesta" last night and I worked all afternoon getting the food ready and the last guest left at about 10 pm, so I was cleaning until 11 or so. So glad I cleaned it all last night and can start off the am without facing that mess!
On the quilting front, I got lots of blocks done for the Surfer Girl D9P quilts but I don't think I have enough material to complete both a full and twin size so I am going to have to find something else that works and sew a few more before I set all the blocks together.
Also have to get a birthday present for BF's DGS who is turning 2 on Sunday. I just love the little guy and want to find something for him to play outside with. We can hardly keep him in the house since it's turned nicer out!
Currently we have no Memorial Day plans but I am sure we will host a picnic as BF likes to have a crowd for any holiday, heck, any day...he just loves to have lots of family and friends around. It's one of the reasons I fell for him!
Looks like falling temps and rain in the forecast for the next few days. Maybe I can get some sewing done.
Off to poke around on some quilty blogs....take care all!

llm161
May 13th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Happy Friday to everyone here on MSQC Forum. However, since it's Friday, I get to go in late and stay late. It hasn't started raining yet and I should be cleaning like everyone seems to be talking about but, I'm trying to build up my energy for today (which just might be busy) and tomorrow (which just might be a washout). Great thing is that if it's raining Sunday, I don't have to go in to work at the greenhouse. The skies will do the watering. Yeah! Hubby is working, if the rain is in the garden, that means I can be quilting. Yeah again. In between the rain storms, I can run down to the flower garden and get some more plants in.

Sandy Navas
May 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! Here I am looking for cows and I didn't know why. Telepathy, I guess. We're also feeling a bit of a cold front, drizzly, but honestly could use some rain. I planted a few trees last week and I'm tired of carrying buckets of water.

An exciting weekend for us. Al just took DeeOGee to the doggie Holiday Inn for the weekend. We're packing a few things up this morning, and heading for a weekend away after attending Agnes' baptism this afternoon. Going to a meeting with some woodworking friends and a party tomorrow night across the state. It has been a while since we've been away and I'm looking forward to it.

I looked yesterday trying to come up with some handwork to do while Al drives and didn't find anything that interested me. Guess I could pull out a bag that has pieces I cut about 20 years ago and see if I can remember the pattern I was going to do . . . and do some hand sewing. I do remember that it was seersucker in primary colors . . . where is that bag?

I'm off here for now. May get a chance to check in and read a bit over the weekend. Laptop is all ready and battery charged.

Hugs and special prayers to everyone.

debinmalaga
May 13th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Good morning, all, and Happy Friday the Thirteenth!

Blondie, best pic ever! Love the quilts hanging on the line with the butterflies... and the Grandmother's Flower Garden looks just like my Great Grandmother's quilt that hangs in my kitchen!

Cathy, you go, cowgirl! Good luck on rounding up some critters.

Nancy, Smuggler's Notch sounds fun, enjoy the drive!

Monique, have fun (?!) cleaning...

Patticakes, wish I'd been at your Fiesta - I loooooove Mexican food!

Memorial Day my bank participates in a local parade, so I have to walk in that. Saturday and Sunday of the weekend we're invited to a wedding reception bash up in the Poconos... I never get to see mountains so I'm looking forward to the scenery as much as the party. It'll be a tiring weekend, that's for sure. Wish we were doing our usual family get together... maybe next year.

The clouds have rolled in but the rain hasn't started yet. Watching the news this morning I felt so bad for the folks dealing with the Mississippi flooding. I've never seen the river in person, and seeing it from the air on TV I was just amazed at the sheer size of the thing. Scary to think of that much water out of control.

Hope everyone has a great day and manages to squeeze at least a little sewing in.

ginampls
May 13th, 2011, 11:19 AM
hello,, boxes....

toggpine
May 13th, 2011, 11:21 AM
'Morning at a more civilized time!
No Blondie, I wasn't calling folks at 4 AM! I'm on the west coast, so it was only 1 AM here. Maybe I should have, as then I might have actually caught them at home! I was doing some paperwork for the training seminar that I need the cows for. We let the volunteers get some practice handling many different animal species before they are faced with having to try to load them during a real evacuation. I belong to a group that helps evacuate, rescue, and temporarily shelter livestock and domestic animals in the event of a disaster. Part of our group has been down in TN helping American Humane during the flooding. I didn't figure it would be so hard to catch up with the folks I know and find a few bovines!

On the quilting front, I have cut another border for the quilt top I'm working on now, but that has been slow progress due to other requirements on my time.

I am out to do chores, help some friends transport their new goats home, and go finish off weeding for my sister. The rain is supposed to hold off until tomorrow, maybe.

Take care and wish me luck on the search for cows!
Cathy

Granny Judy
May 13th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I always get a big smile on my face and encouragement from reading what you all are up to around here. Yes, I love my Fridays, too!
Means the week end of shopping, beauty fixes and special moments with family/friends. Otherwise I am home surrounded with a big "to-do" list.

I have a couple big dogs who could fill in for the Cows.. they would do anything for a treat or two!! Where do I ship them?

No big plans for the Memorial Week End. Just fixing food and doing some hand crafts. Hoping to get some sunshine on this "white" body... if the rains ever stop.. We've had showers off & on all week here in Central Illinois-- which flows down to the Mississippi... Sorry!

janluna
May 13th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Hey Gina, Glad you are back online. Got your message and will add Annette to our prayers. Just finished washing now into drying the clothes.
I'm here if you want to call. Hugs, Jan

mamaquilt
May 14th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I looked yesterday trying to come up with some handwork to do while Al drives and didn't find anything that interested me. Guess I could pull out a bag that has pieces I cut about 20 years ago and see if I can remember the pattern I was going to do . . . and do some hand sewing. I do remember that it was seersucker in primary colors . . . where is that bag?

Hi Sandy,

Some of us are alike!! I had to laugh when I read the above and I showed your message to my husband. Whereever we drive for more than half an hour I have to have something to knit or sew. That is how I knitted the patchwork blanket I posted a while ago.
Well right know I have to take my knitting (socks) as we're leaving for a longer drive today too.