PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Owl

toggpine
February 22nd, 2014, 03:34 AM
It was a long day at work, and I'm pretty tuckered out.
I'm sorry I missed May's dreaming last night! I have some pretty vivid dreams and can remember some of them. A few really weird me out, as I can actually feel people touching me. A warm hand on my shoulder or arm, usually in color, but now that I think about it, I don't remember smells in my dreams.

I stopped by the market on my way home tonight. I decided to splurge and bought Hubby some mint ice cream. Em likes plain vanilla, so that's not too exciting. I bought myself a small bag of chili-cheese Fritos corn chips and a box of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal. (No, I won't eat them together! Ick!)

What do you splurge on when you let loose a little? Are you a sweet or salty snack monster, or does it change?

RoseMA
February 22nd, 2014, 04:04 AM
For me, its mostly sweet, but it does change.
My most favorite indulgence is Lindt Lindor Truffles. Love the way they melt in my mouth and it just feels like I'm tasting heaven.
One year when I was on deployment over my birthday, my Dad sent me a box. Well, not truffles, but a mixed box from Lindt. We were in the Indian Ocean, in June. You can imagine what my chocolates looked like when I got them, considering the fact that mail call is often only once or twice a month out there. But I loved every bite anyway, even if I did have to scrape them off the plastic insert.
:)

dwil23
February 22nd, 2014, 04:22 AM
Definitely sweet. I splurge all the time, so there isn't just one thing I splurge on. :0 This week it's Nonni's Biscotti because they are BOGO.

MayinJerset
February 22nd, 2014, 05:30 AM
I usually like something sweet like plain cake with chocolate frosting and, of course, just plain chocolate. Once in awhile I like a salt/sweet combo like Kettle Pop Corn. I try to avoid goodies like that when I'm up like tonight, I usually stick to a cup of tea and sometimes a few graham crackers to dunk in it.

Since the temps are up and ice is mostly gone DH and I decide to go out for Friday night dinner like we used to do before the Ice Age descended upon. Lots of others must have decided the same thing as all the restaurants were packed with long waiting times so we settled for Perkins. Felt good to get out and about as the only outings I've had recently were to food shop. Next week I'll get some other errands done like the Post Office, hair dressers, etc. I need to get back to sleep soon as I have a Pillowcase Sew In first thing in the morning.