PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here

Blondie
February 21st, 2014, 08:07 AM

Happy Friday Folksies!

Fridays should be filled with frivolous bursts of unabated joyous laughter. After all, for the majority of people it means a few days off to regroup, rest and in general do what they want to do. Right? Since childhood is always calling my name, I always look forward to Fridays. And I do laugh, dance around my little salon with abandon and encourage my octagenerian clients to not only remember happy times of their youth but plan on times of hilarity today and in the future. It generally draws me the response like this:
"Oh Blondie, you make me wish I was your age again." or "Keep your attitude and you'll never be old" That's what I am counting on. Now, mind you, I have the war scars of age that anyone of my generation has. I have lost my chin somewhere in my neckline, will never be viewed in a skimpy swim suit ever again and believe it or not, really don't care! It's what is on the inside that counts.

So, this Friday morning as I was washing my face, surveying the image, I said to myself in the mirror, I said, "Gal, that ain't enough makeup in the world - the bloom is off of this rose" I know none of us look wonderful on arising. I don't know about you, but, it looks like I have been doing the boogaloo in my sleep. I have trained Luscious to say "you're aren't fat, you're beautiful" on cue and also "I love looking in your eyes over a cup of coffee". ha! My hair is standing up and out all over the place, my eyes are bleary and well, let's face it, it ain't a purty sight . . .

But it's FRIDAY!! Why worry over things I have no control over. I can't always control the thoughts that come in my mind (like: who ever told that person they looked good in that rag) but I can control my expressions, frame of mind and of course that includes a smile.

Prayers for those in the line of the rough weather. I heard of tornadoes in Illinois before I was even out of the bed. I am dreading the storms heading our way, mainly because I hate to think of my dear clients driving in these conditions.

Blessings to all. Enjoy your weekend! Smile a lot, even if that means thinking of me trying to tame my crazy hair today. Let's face it, it ain't a purty sight.

dwil23
February 21st, 2014, 08:23 AM
Good Morning!

I for one, don't look forward to Friday! It's my night to go back to work., my weekend is over. Sigh.

I got a bit of painting and prepping for painting accomplished yesterday. The former owners stopped by to check on their cats and I informed them that they are going to be grandparents. - Yep, you waited tooo long to get little Missy down to the clinic. They say they will pick them up on Monday and I hope she doesn't pop before then. Later my new neighbor came to meet us - a very nice, spry lady who told me she was 81. She and her husband live in a very unusual "dome home" that they built themselves. She invitedus to come over and see it sometime.

The last night, I joined the I-phone age. My poor old cell was a cast off from my DD about three years ago. I don't need or really want all the bells and whistles, but that is what she ordered for me since I was long overdue for an upgrade. My DS wanted me to have the I phone so that we could facetime and I could see my sweet little Evan. He is started to talk now and sang "Row, row, row" to me the other night. I will be able to read here from anywhere, but I won't be posting from it - I must have a real keyboard for that!

Hope everyone stays safe and warm. We had highs in the 80's yesterday, but expect rain all day today.

Prayers for those who need them - have a Blessed day!

Kelly F
February 21st, 2014, 08:48 AM
Happy Friday! It is my birthday weekend! Turning 40 on Monday. I am excited.. I feel like I am finally at that age where I can do whatever I want! Wahooo. I can wear comfy shoes in public ..comfy pants in public.. Make hundreds of comparisons of how things have changed since 'I was a kid'. Hahaha

Bubby
February 21st, 2014, 09:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

We had a wild ride yesterday with the wind that they said was 60 mph. We lost our patio table. It flipped over and broke into a million pieces and our gas grill ended up about 50 feet into the back yard. We think it's salvageable. What's interesting is that it flew over a 6 foot concrete retaining wall to get where it landed. We're hoping the roofs on our apartments and the siding survived.

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm. I want winter to go away but I'm very concerned about the spring storms and tornados this year.

Blessing all around, Barb

Blondie
February 21st, 2014, 09:09 AM
Happy Birthday Weekend, Kelly! Do it in style! YAYs for being happy with yourself!

Bubby, I am looking for that wind to arrive here today. Oy. Be safe!

Monique
February 21st, 2014, 09:21 AM
Good morning everyone. The temperature is hovering around 0F this morning. It is raining. I am not sure if we even got freezing rain which is a good thing because I have to work today. I will be having lunch with my best friend who had a birthday this week. She turned 76. I stopped to see her last night after exercise class, had a coffee and a few games of cards.

My get up and go to quilt got up and left without me. I probably won't have time until next week to get into it.

On that note, more Olympic games today for us Canadians. The men have curling this morning (I believe we will have another medal today regardless) and at around noon Canada faces off against the US. Good luck to both countries.

Have a safe and wonderful Friday friends.

Carol336
February 21st, 2014, 09:30 AM
Oh my...I hope that wind doesn't make it's way to MD.

Happy Birthday Kelly - oh to be 40 again. Enjoy your stacation, quilting Birthday Weekend - sounds like it's gonna be a blast. I hope you got some roller skates for Jay, so he can just zip in and out with your food and drink - LOL

Gotta do some paperwork for DH to finish up the taxes. My job is to track and list the donations...I keep a pretty good running list, but the donations to Goodwill and places like that are a little more tedious. I have it all written down, just have to enter it in It's Deductible.

Booker T was fantastic last night. We thought he would be an old man, but low and behold he's my same age - 69. He put on a great show, played and sang for over 2 hours without a break, and even came back on stage for a couple more. It's always fun to go to a concert and hear the songs of your youth...we came away feeling like we were 16 again!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend

buckeyequilter
February 21st, 2014, 09:46 AM

Good morning......

Happy Birthday Kelly...enjoy your week-end!

Well I think the severe weather missed us. Jim told me at 10 pm last night that we had a severe thunderstorm warning....but I didn't hear anything happening outside during the night. The snow is melting but I hope it does so slowly to keep flooding around here to a minimum. There was ice by my car this morning so of course I'm out there having a heck of a time keeping upright on it.

I'm working on my spiderweb quilt and made 2 blocks and don't like the way they look....so I'm going to redo those and I hope to get the top finished this week-end. I think I might just put a scrappy border on it also. I have a couple of JR quilt tops and I think I'll put those on the frame and practice some new quilting patterns on them. And last I will be working on cleaning up and organizing my sewing room.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

Kelly F
February 21st, 2014, 09:48 AM
Happy Birthday Weekend, Kelly! Do it in style! YAYs for being happy with yourself!

Bubby, I am looking for that wind to arrive here today. Oy. Be safe!

Thank you,

Kelly F
February 21st, 2014, 09:48 AM

Good morning......

Happy Birthday Kelly...enjoy your week-end!

Well I think the severe weather missed us. Jim told me at 10 pm last night that we had a severe thunderstorm warning....but I didn't hear anything happening outside during the night. The snow is melting but I hope it does so slowly to keep flooding around here to a minimum. There was ice by my car this morning so of course I'm out there having a heck of a time keeping upright on it.

I'm working on my spiderweb quilt and made 2 blocks and don't like the way they look....so I'm going to redo those and I hope to get the top finished this week-end. I think I might just put a scrappy border on it also. I have a couple of JR quilt tops and I think I'll put those on the frame and practice some new quilting patterns on them. And last I will be working on cleaning up and organizing my sewing room.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs

Thank you Shirley,

Kelly F
February 21st, 2014, 09:49 AM
Hahaha Carol, I hope he is ready, thank you!

HandsOffItsMine
February 21st, 2014, 10:18 AM
Where this week go? It's been a tough one, in a major Fibro flare up plus migraines. Like many Fibro folks this week, my body does not like going through 15*, 28*, 40* to 60* in less than one week. My nerve endings don't know what the heck is going on.

No sewing this week at all, did work on filing paperwork for Cyber Elves Give Back and setting up the Online Auction Fundraising page. Donated items are coming in, amazing what talent some of our Elves have.

Check out Jeanine's backpack 69136 She also made a Girl Pirate one.

Deb's Dress - Also made an Infinity Scare plus a Pillowcase Dress
Dawn's Breast Cancer Ribbon Sign (she made me one for my Graphics/Art office :) too) 69138 plus an Autism, Angel, and Super Hero one.

And our GrammaBabs/Barbara, besides sending us Pillowcases, has also sent in a beautiful crochet wrap with these cute roses as accents. I'm hoping to get borrow a mannequin to take better photos of the wrap and a close up of the roses. 69139

We have infinity scarves, little girl dresses that will be made to order, Designers who have donated their PDF patterns, Gift Certificates, a new Coach bag, handmade jewelry, handmade handbags, fabric bundles of "Frost" yardage. Such talent out there and love for children.

We had to push to date out to the end of March, so if you feel inclined to share your talents, there is still time to send something to Cyber Elves. This auction will help us complete the purchase of 500 coloring books and sketch pads for the Easter Drive. :)

Today will be a combo of resting and working on Auction posts.

We might have to turn on our computers/tvs as the storms come through. Around 4 am, it was wild. They say it will be like that this throughout the day. Everyone please be safe. Still trying to get use to these type of thunderstorms out here.

Huggers, Ruby

meemeecyn
February 21st, 2014, 11:00 AM
Good morning all you special Quilting Friends! Happy Birthday, Kelly!! Hope you get to do something fun. Maybe sew?? It is raining here in NH, was freezing, but supposed to get a bit warmer. We'll see. The adage for this neck of the woods is "If you don't like this weather, wait 10 minutes"!

DH is continuing to get stronger. Still wearing one of several hats I knit for him! His hairless head gets cold! But he has a great attitude about all the challenges this journey has given him. We've both been able to count all the blessings that have come from it as well, and on that list is the wonderful group of people that we have in our lives. That includes my Forum Friends.

Have a great day to each of you.
Cynthia

GinnyKNC
February 21st, 2014, 11:09 AM
Happy Friday :) And Happy Birthday Kelly.
It's pouring down here and I do mean pouring. But it's Friday and I get to see Madison today :) I can't wait. I also can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. I've been working these two full time jobs since last June. My body can't take much more of this. And Blondie not only do I look my age, I'm feeling it!
Sawyer sure is a cutie isn't he :) Such a beautiful baby boy.
Hugs to all, prayers to those in need and Happy Quilting.
I'm going to join Blondie in a Friday happy dance today. Enjoy the weekend everyone :)

MayinJerset
February 21st, 2014, 11:09 AM
Happy Bday Kelly, Hope you get some nice quilty items.

I spent about 3 hours yesterday just straightening out my sewing room to clear the decks for some serious sewing this weekend. Several UFO's are in a neat pile, have a big tote labeled Next Projects beside my sewing desk, and put all the odds and ends into a big plastic shopping bag and hid it under my desk and also gathered patterns, books and fabric to donate for guild's raffle baskets. Phew! I can't work comfortably when there is too much clutter but now the sewing room looks great. Now I can work on finishing the Bethlehem Star quilt for guild's show in May. It has lots of small pieces and half square triangles and I was thinking of putting it aside and making a quick big Carpenters Wheel instead. Decided to finish the Bethlehem Star. Time to sharpen my cutting and piecing skills again instead breezing through string or crumb quilts.

EmmaB
February 21st, 2014, 01:40 PM
WHOO HOO!! IT'S FRIDAY AND THE SUN IS SHINING BRIGHT!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY! I hope you enjoy it to the fullest!

Some strong storms moved through my neck of the woods yesterday and the wind was ridiculously strong. I had a huge hackberry tree beside my house and I had it removed in November. Any time storms came through or threats of ice were predicted, I would hold my breath and pray that the thing didn't come down on my house. I'm so glad I no longer have that worry. Money well spent for sure.

I'm hoping to finish the quilting part on my quilt this weekend and move on to the binding. It's been very hard not to start other projects while working on this first quit. To help me with this, I just "plan" what I want to do next and keep reminding myself "one thing at a time". It's been working for me so far!! Will try to get some housework done in between quilting and whatever else comes up. I make myself get up from my quilt and do small things that make me walk around for 15 - 20 minutes as I just don't think constant sitting is a good thing. I may not get a lot done this way but my body likes it that way. And besides, I really don't like cleaning. Sure I like the results but...um...yuck!!

I have to close my post today with a thought about the ladies here. I may not always reply to all the posts or I may just "like" posts but I do read a lot and I have to say how much I admire a lot of you ladies that donate so much of your time and energy making quilts, pillowcases, and other items to all of the different charities I've seen here. I hope to one day do this but I'm so slow I'd be lucky to get one thing done in a year.

Keep safe and warm everyone and have a tremendous day!

rebeccas-sewing
February 21st, 2014, 01:58 PM
Happy Birthday, Kelly! Funny, I remember a time when I used to think 40 was old! At my age of 61 I'm thinkin' you're a spring chicken. I guess it's depending on where you're coming from. My 80 year-old mother-in-law says the same thing about being 61 again! LOL Have a super duper birthday weekend!

alliek
February 21st, 2014, 02:48 PM
Still getting over bronchitis, or the flu, or some awful bug. I feel so tired and dragged out and have a million things to do. Hope today is the turning point. Blondie,thanks for the uplifting message and for Daisy's Seamus tale that gave me a big smile.

auntiemern
February 21st, 2014, 03:18 PM
Good day all you happy people. Well today is the day...I get my CT result. I feel good, so expecting a good report. The lupus however is wreaking havok on my skin. I was diagnoses with systemic lupus over 20 yrs ago, and have never had the skin issues I have had the past year. From gawd awful rashes to getting huge blisters for no apparent reason. These attack me mostly on my hands and arms. That plus the skin tears, I have to be really careful all the time. My elbows look atrocious from peeling skin off just from the friction of using them to get out of bed. I have lived with it for so long, that sometimes I forget just how bad it can be. My immune system is terrible, so I get sick easily. Ok enough whining. I am out for now. Hugs and Blessings to all, prayers for those in need.

EmmaB
February 21st, 2014, 04:01 PM
Hope you get a good report Marilyn

EnumclawGramma
February 21st, 2014, 05:06 PM
Coming in here late, I know. But it's still Friday and I made it!
Happy Birthday Kelly. I remember 40 like it was yesterday and that was 15 years ago! Enjoy it.
Marilyn please keep us updated, you've been on my mind a LOT!!

I did yoga this morning, and this was the hardest it's been to talk myself in to it. True to form it did me the most good! So now it's housework to get ready for the weekend. I'm working on TWO quilts and a few pinnies and I really want to go into my sewing room with a clear conscience. Know what I mean?

They are calling for SNOW here this weekend. I am hoping this has been a gross mistake and it just rains and rains and rains. I don't mind a little wind. But NO SNOW.

Prayers and hugs to all who want/need. Happy Friday, Love your post today Miss Blondie ! Off to be productive!

GrammaBabs
February 21st, 2014, 05:43 PM
40 to 48,,, best and best looking years of my life!!!! enjoy!!!! hugs, B
Happy Friday! It is my birthday weekend! Turning 40 on Monday. I am excited.. I feel like I am finally at that age where I can do whatever I want! Wahooo. I can wear comfy shoes in public ..comfy pants in public.. Make hundreds of comparisons of how things have changed since 'I was a kid'. Hahaha

Simply Quilting
February 21st, 2014, 07:14 PM
Good afternoon. I'm dragging today. I've been fighting a migraine since last night. I was in the middle of making my daughter a charm skirt when it hit. I literally turned off the sewing machine and left everything where it was. I went straight to bed. I have finally manged to be upright about 2:30 this afternoon. Even the prescription pain meds are not working to get rid of it. The crazy weather we had yesterday caused it plus the fibro to flare. My sweet husband did a great job of keeping the house quiet and doing the chores. The children have been well behaved and quiet. I may attempt to work n the skirt again or I might just go back to bed.

Happy Birthday Kelly. Enjoy your weekend.

{{{HUGS}}} Ruby, I understand how you feel.

Prayers to those of you who are not feeling well.

And hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend :)