PDA

View Full Version : And Canada wins not one but TWO gold medals today.

Monique
February 20th, 2014, 06:10 PM
It is indeed a proud day to be Canadian. First Gold was in Curling and the second (as if you don't already know) was GOLD in Hockey.

Sorry to all my American friends. But you did win Silver.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 20th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I don't think those American women are comforted by their silver medals around their necks! I cried with them. But what an exciting game that was! If they were all that fun to watch,I would be a real hockey fan! But congratulations to the Canadians, truly the best of the best!

Hulamoon
February 20th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Congratulations! I didn't watch the game but caught the ceremony. I know the American girls should be sad but I think They were a little over dramatic about it. Other silver winners showed a little more happiness. Only some girls smiled when the medal was put on them. Just my take :)

RoseMA
February 20th, 2014, 07:23 PM
I missed the ceremony but I did catch part of the game. I couldn't believe after we were up 2-0 for so long that the Canadian's tied it up in the last 4 min!! Came down to a power play in OT, but the Canadians certainly worked for their win. Understandable if the silver was little comfort for our ladies.
Congrats to the Canadian's. I'm sure many of my extended family are cheering up there!
:)

GGMae
February 20th, 2014, 09:34 PM
If it wasn't The USA Ladies winning Gold, I am Soooo glad it was the Canadian's winning Gold! Congratulations to all the Canadians.

:icon_wave:

SallyO'Sews
February 20th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Congratulations, Eh! :lol: