PDA

View Full Version : Seamus strikes again!

Divine Daisy
February 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM
I know it has been quiet for Seamus fans recently, and there may even be some people who don't know him at all! (imagine!).

So for those who need to be brought into the loop, Seamus is my eccentric 33lbs Maine Coon. He visits the pub, goes to brownies and to church on Sundays. He is partial to weddings and is on most wedding photographs taken outside the church and is partial to a good funeral.

Like many of a 'certain age' I wear glasses that spend as much time on the top of my head as they do on my nose depending on what I am doing. Seamus is totally obsessed with my glasses. Yesterday he was sitting on the back of my chair and my glasses were on my head because I was reading a letter. Verrrrrrrry slowly and I swear with only one claw he tweaked them off by head and before I could say 'Oi you little b**ger' he was off with the glasses in his mouth and out of the open window with a trill of glee. By the time I got boots on my feet and the door unlocked he was nowhere in sight and nor were the glasses.

At this point I should point out that I don't have a spare pair because he chewed those to death a couple of months ago.

so........back to looking for glasses in the garden without my glasses on to help me.......

I couldn't.

10 hours of no glasses, going out to look, getting soaked in pouring rain, coming in to get warm and dry and then out to look again. No. Seamus was not my fav cat.

Mr Daisy made me an appointment to get some one hour glasses when he could drive me because I can't drive without my glasses, then I decided that if we were to eat at all I had better go to the butcher. Walking down the street, past the church, just outside the pub my eye caught a 'glistening' and there on the ground by the pub door were my glasses.

Thank heaven
**** cat!

Madeforyouinma11
February 20th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Hahaha... I just love Seamus stories and have really missed them. I know it wasn't funny for you, but for the rest of us that is a really funny story.
I'm glad you did find them and hopefully they were not broken. I think you should still keep your appointment for a spare pair...just in case Seamus realizes you stole them back.
It was nice to hear from you Daisy...we've missed you. What creations have you come up with lately?

Jean Sewing Machine
February 20th, 2014, 05:46 PM
That LITTLE ( not really) sneak! What an adventure you must have on a dailt hasis with Seamus being part of the household!

Glad to hear from you and have another Seamus story to enjoy!

Monique
February 20th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Funny how he left them at the front door to the pub!

Grandma G
February 20th, 2014, 06:15 PM
It's a good thing they weren't attached to a string around your neck. I can just imagine that 33 lb. kitty jerking you to the floor. Ouch! You sure have to be on your toes with Seamus around.

Thanks for your wonderful, entertaining stories!

K. McEuen
February 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Funny how he left them at the front door to the pub!

He didn't want his buddies in the pub to think he was too nerdy so he left them outside.

auntiemern
February 20th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Ha ha. Daisy, dear daisy, when oh when are you going to write a book about Seamus' adventures. I guess all you really had to do was go to his favorite haunts, and you were bound to find them. Glad you did.

GinnyKNC
February 20th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Oh how I've missed Seamus! I want to pre order the book!

BobW
February 20th, 2014, 07:55 PM
I so envy you your Seamus. He sounds like such a fine feline. I had a Maine Coon who was 28 pounds. He was a great friend and companion to me for many years. I named my cat Mr. Cat. He loved iced tea, but it had to be in a glass or he wouldn't drink it. I had to hold the glass and let him drink. If I put some in a saucer, he would look at it and then me as if to say "You've got to be kidding!"

Have a pet and a purr with Seamus for all of his forum fans. Have you ever posted a picture of him? I'd love to see him.

MRoy
February 20th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Seamus is such a smarty cat! Glad you got your glasses back.

rebeccas-sewing
February 20th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to meet dear Mr. Seamus when I visited you, Alison! He sounds like my kinda cat! Lots of personality. I'm heading to the Netherlands soon. I'll let you know when I'm there so you can see me the quilts. It's a long time coming. Took a while to get the documents together for me to be able to reside there. I'll be in touch.

Divine Daisy
February 20th, 2014, 08:42 PM

Here is Seamus...........

I so envy you your Seamus. He sounds like such a fine feline. I had a Maine Coon who was 28 pounds. He was a great friend and companion to me for many years. I named my cat Mr. Cat. He loved iced tea, but it had to be in a glass or he wouldn't drink it. I had to hold the glass and let him drink. If I put some in a saucer, he would look at it and then me as if to say "You've got to be kidding!"

Have a pet and a purr with Seamus for all of his forum fans. Have you ever posted a picture of him? I'd love to see him.

Lord I am having trouble uploading

EnumclawGramma
February 20th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Is it just me or does he look like "Lord of the Manor"

I want to pre order your book too Ms Daisy, but I want mine autographed please, and if possible delivered in person! My DH will cook for you and you can entertain us all evening with your wonderful stories!!! You (and Seamus of course!) are one of life's great delights!

Divine Daisy
February 20th, 2014, 10:06 PM

I want to pre order your book too Ms Daisy, but I want mine autographed please, and if possible delivered in person! My DH will cook for you and you can entertain us all evening with your wonderful stories!!! You (and Seamus of course!) are one of life's great delights!

awwwwwwww thank you! What a lovely thing to say. Can Mr Daisy come too? I have thought about doing a book but........... I am not sure there is enough to fill it and there are so many out there about cats............. I honestly don't think I would get a publisher.

turena65
February 20th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Hahaha!! Oh how I have missed your "Adventures of Seamus the Cat" stories... he really cracks me up! :)

kelliedi
February 20th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Daisy thank you so much for the update..... I for one wouldn't mind a weekly installment story about seamus.....

Ginny B
February 20th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I love your Seamus stories. :icon_happy: He has such personality. So funny that he took them all the way to the pub.

Genny
February 20th, 2014, 10:44 PM
I absolutely LOVE reading about Seamus! I hope you don't mind but I'm sharing this with my cat loving daughter.

Kgrammiecaz
February 20th, 2014, 11:04 PM
I think you could have freat luck with a book. Kids just love those stories. And I love his name too

Sandy Navas
February 20th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Oh, how I wish Seamus could talk - because knowing what I know about the Daisy household, he was probably telling Mrs. Daisy to lighten up and take Mr. Daisy for a relaxing night at the pub . . .

You do crack me up!!

grannyann
February 20th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Sure miss your stories Miss Daisy. We need you and your stories to get our minds off all lousy stuff going on in the world and our lousy winter.

bhaggerty
February 21st, 2014, 01:12 AM
I completely agree.
You need to write a book about Seamus and his antics!

ilive2craft2
February 21st, 2014, 01:27 AM
I also want an autographed copy!!! You can self publish fairly cheaply anymore.... Hugs to you, Seamus and of course to Mr. Daisy too!

BobW
February 21st, 2014, 01:56 AM
Thank you so much for posting a picture of Mr. Seamus. He is one very fine fellow. Aren't you lucky he allows you to share his space and be his person. LOL. He is certainly the Lord of the Manor!

Lord I am having trouble uploading

BobW
February 21st, 2014, 01:57 AM
Who do you want to autograph the book, Ms Daisy or Mr. Seamus? LOL

Hulamoon
February 21st, 2014, 02:05 AM
I hope you had a beer at the pub! He owes you!

Sondra
February 21st, 2014, 11:08 AM
This is funny. Heaven help me if my cat Sophie decides she likes my glasses. At this point her favorite things to relocate in the house are socks and fuzzy slippers. We often have to pickup the living room of her nightly sock deliveries. Silly cats - gotta love them.

MayinJerset
February 21st, 2014, 11:45 AM
And Pray Tell what Seamus was doing in the Pub? He seems to hang out there and at the church a lot, are their any female cats in those places?

stitching woman
February 21st, 2014, 12:37 PM
I do love the Seamus stories thanks for sharing and so good to hear from you.

mommadeb
February 21st, 2014, 02:16 PM
Love it. I needed that laugh today. My DH thought it was pretty good too. I went back and read some of the stores about him. Hilarious! He is quite the 'man'.

I also want to preorder your book about him. :icon_cool:

Bubby
February 21st, 2014, 02:39 PM
Daisy, You really should write a book about Seamus and his antics!

alliek
February 21st, 2014, 02:43 PM
Come on now Daisy, if you wanted to go to the pub, just go. You don't have to blame poor Seamus! LOL:lol:

Wwena
February 21st, 2014, 03:37 PM
HAHA!!! I love your Seamus stories so much.

dwil23
February 21st, 2014, 05:16 PM
That is too funny!

janluna
February 22nd, 2014, 12:59 AM
​I want a signed copy too!!! Love you Ms. Daisy, and your little cat too!!!!