PDA

View Full Version : Proud Granny

auntiemern
February 20th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I am so very proud of my little GD (6yrs -1st grade). March is art appreciation month. She is one of four children at her school (1st - 5th grade, approx 300 students) to have her art work displayed in the state capitol rotunda next month. She is also the youngest from her school. Every school in the state (the entire state) can enter up to 4 students' art work to be displayed and judged. On March 3rd we will go to the capitol for a reception and awards ceremony. Can you just imagine? Out of her entire school, her piece was picked, by her teacher, and the committee who accepts the entries. How exciting, and such an amazing honor. She may not win, but she made it there, and is already a winner at her school, and in our hearts. Being a bragging sort of granny, I must say that both of my GD's are exceptional artists. Hope you like her artwork. It is called 'Blue Puppies"

buckeyequilter
February 20th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Very nice and congratulations to the GD, how proud she must be!

jsmetcalf
February 20th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Really cute picture. Looks like something that could be reproduced for a quilt panel that a proud granny could make for her! :)

EmmaB
February 20th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Really cute picture. Looks like something that could be reproduced for a quilt panel that a proud granny could make for her! :)

I was thinking the same thing!!

GrammaBabs
February 20th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Marilyn... I would love this on a T-shirt!!!... if you scan it and put it on fabric thru your computer it would be fabulous... you could be a proud granny!! She has talent.. i'll bet "spoonflower.com" would make some very nice fabric from this as well... 3 cheers for her!!

soul60s
February 20th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I am a dog person and I have to say this is a great piece of art. The tilted head with outstretched ears is so adorable!!! You have every right to be proud. I bet she wins. Her composition and humor show through.

Simply Quilting
February 20th, 2014, 01:09 PM
That is a cute pictures. Congratulations on her being selected :)

jsmetcalf
February 20th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Marilyn... I would love this on a T-shirt!!!... if you scan it and put it on fabric thru your computer it would be fabulous... you could be a proud granny!! She has talent.. i'll bet "spoonflower.com" would make some very nice fabric from this as well... 3 cheers for her!!

Thanks for this website!

auntiemern
February 20th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Granny has several quilt blocks of several of both girls art from grade school. I plan on making each of them quilts after they go to middle school

GinnyKNC
February 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Oh wow! You should be proud :) Great job.

ren29
February 20th, 2014, 02:18 PM
So good! Those are some good looking dogs. Bragging Grannies are the BEST :) What a cool achievement for your GD!

K. McEuen
February 20th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Haha, great picture! The first one with the folded ears kinda looks like Spike does when he wakes up, although he is shaped more like the other dog.

Kgrammiecaz
February 20th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Too cute. And to be displayed at White House is such an honor. Brag away!!! Beautiful details for so young. Loving this pic

SallyO'Sews
February 20th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Love it! Hope she's pleased with her work.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 20th, 2014, 04:18 PM
So darn cute! Good luck to your budding artist!

EnumclawGramma
February 20th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Marilyn, this is how it starts you know. She's an artist. I remember this happening with my Josh around this age, his teacher took his art work all over the school so everyone could see it, and now he's got some of his current stuff hanging in a coffee shop in Seattle and will be having an exhibit of all his work in March. Get ready, my guess is this young lady has the same thing coming if she wants it!

Thanks for sharing! I love it! Proud Grammy!

MayinJerset
February 20th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Such a talented young girl - Kudos to her for her great award winning art work. No wonder you all are so proud of her.

Iris Girl
February 20th, 2014, 06:04 PM
What a cute picture, you should be a very proud granny !! grats to her and enjoy your visit to the state capitol

easyquilts
February 20th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Love the picture.... Congratulations on a job well done!

nonnietomany
February 20th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Wow she's 6, so very talented, you have every right to brag, love the puppies Trish

PeggyM
February 20th, 2014, 08:40 PM
What a talent! You should be bursting at the seams.