PDA

View Full Version : Hanging by myself tonight.

MayinJerset
February 20th, 2014, 03:15 AM
69049Hope the other night owls are having a good night's sleep. Nothing much to say tonight as I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Been feeling that way a day or so but happy to report nothing has developed other than a dry nose. Better check the furnace humidifier to make sure it is working properly. Anyway, saw this cartoon and thought others might like it.69048

TRLSRL72
February 20th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Your not alone tonight. I don't know why I can't sleep tonight. Watching lifetime is not helping me either lol. I'm with you, hope everyone is having some good dreams.

bkthomas
February 20th, 2014, 03:46 AM
:icon_hi: Hello May....you are not alone!
I think I need someone to kick me into gear.....I have done nothing lately!!! You would think I am a bear in hibernation...what a hermit I've become.....

stationarymom
February 20th, 2014, 03:52 AM
hi i hope you feel better soon. i thought i should clarify ,i like the cartoon.

Kgrammiecaz
February 20th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Great cartoon. Sorry you are not feeling well, get some good rest. I know easy to say, hard to do. Really like the pic of the owl too

bhaggerty
February 20th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Hope you are feeling better soon!
Not much going on here tonight either!

toggpine
February 20th, 2014, 04:36 AM
You aren't alone May!
I was finishing up a double batch of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Making them not eating them! Well, a few got eaten with some nice cold milk.
I really wanted to make peanut butter ones, but I didn't want to wait for the dough to chill. Perhaps I'll make those tomorrow.

I did get the button sewn on the shirt. I also found my step-dad's sweatshirts I have to "fix". He is on dialysis, and if he wears a sweatshirt to keep himself warm they want to cut off the sleeve so they can get access to his vein. I decided to split the sleeve with a giant buttonhole type opening. Apparently I did not make it long enough. So I need to lengthen the opening so he can keep his arm warm while they flush his system.

I was gifted a set of 4 mini-charm packs. I decided that I want to make an Irish Chain or something with a 9-patch. That meant I really needed one more. So after a bit of poking around I finally found one more, and they were on sale. I'm not sure how great of a sale it was since it cost as much in shipping as the charm. I tried to add a yard of fabric, but it was going to add another $9 in shipping, so I just stuck with the 2.5" x.5" square for $3 in shipping. I think someone got hosed in that deal, but what do I know. Now I just have to wait for it to come from the opposite coast. I have until Christmas to get it finished, so I should be good.

Anybody else starting to think about Christmas gifts for 2014? (I'm aiming for one a month.)

bhaggerty
February 20th, 2014, 04:42 AM
I am on a Christmas mission as well! Several of my UFO's were supposed to be Christmas gifts LAST YEAR! Now I am hoping/planning that they will be 2014 Christmas gifts! which of course would be totally great since they are basically already paid for! :)

cyndiofthevortex
February 20th, 2014, 06:07 AM
May, I'm always happy to see a thread written up by you - you are such a sweetie!

You're not alone tonight, not by any means. I've just been wallowing in bed with sadness. It sure makes it hard for sleep to come! It's never good to wallow. It is selfish and I hate being selfish. So here I am, up looking for prayer requests from others. No sense wasting all this good, quiet awake time.

I love your cartoon! It really did make me laugh, something I sorely needed! So, consider your day a success even before it starts; you've made a sad woman laugh out loud. I needed that like you wouldn't believe!

Blessings to all my fellow night owls. See you later in the day, maybe?

MayinJerset
February 20th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Cyndi, Tough time for you and your family so it is OK to 'wallow' for awhile, gives you a chance to get those negative feelings out. Believe me as I've been there and done that too.