PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! Enough is ENOUGH

Iris Girl
February 19th, 2014, 12:59 PM
So I have been sewing along and on the computer and doing laundry. Not looking outside. I finally pulled the drape back to see what it was like and OMG not again!! Please momma nature have mercy on us.6894468945

Bubby
February 19th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I hope you get a break in your weather soon. I'm also done and DONE with winter weather.

Monique
February 19th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Our temperatures have risen and we may expect rain or freezing rain in the days ahead. No matter which way you look at it, YUCK!!!

auntiemern
February 19th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I don't have what you do, but this gal is DONE with winter. I have been seeing robins and other birds. Hoping that is a good sign.

New York Sue
February 19th, 2014, 01:53 PM
So how about we add a little freezing rain to the mix?!
JAYZEE! It's going to be a fun ride into work tonight....

Jean Sewing Machine
February 19th, 2014, 01:55 PM
It's only pretty if you don't have to go out in it, shovel it or haven't been looking at the same scene for weeks! Hang in there. Spring will eventually get here!

asta
February 19th, 2014, 01:57 PM
I hear and agree with you April, although it is a beautiful warm-34 & sunny-beautiful day here today, they predict a drop in temp and another snowstorm tomorrow!

Blondie
February 19th, 2014, 02:18 PM
So I have been sewing along and on the computer and doing laundry. Not looking outside. I finally pulled the drape back to see what it was like and OMG not again!! Please momma nature have mercy on us.6894468945

Dang girl, I thought we had a deal between us - no more snow! That looks like our place last week. Right now we are getting rain, rain and more rain. Thunderstorms expected today and the rest of the week. We are so soggy from melting snow and rain.
April, hang in there. I am dreading the sound of thunder since the old heads here have a few sayings.
1. Thunder in winter means snow is on the way
2. When snow sticks around longer than two days, it is waiting on more for company
We have both. WAH!!!!!!!!!!

buckeyequilter
February 19th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Beautiful! But I agree...enough is enough!

cyndiofthevortex
February 19th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I love how pretty it is from my windows, but I won't go out and drive in it. Don't forget that spring brings with it lots of rain and mud!

I'm just praying that my roof holds up under all this snow and the rain we're supposed to get later in the week. I'm rather fond of my roof staying above the attic and not inside of it.

Cathy F
February 19th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Pretty to look at but we've seen enough Mother Nature, how about showing us some warm weather for a change of scenery!

mspepper
February 19th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Well, I am almost inclined to agree that enough is enough.
Sitting in my office I look out the window to see sweet sweet sunshine and melting snow piles. Run to lunch and don't even bother to put a coat on... just jeans and t-shirt... love it, 38 degrees. Glad I enjoyed it while I could. Weather forcast for around noon tomorrow is another 5-8" of the fluffy white stuff with wind 40 -50 mph. Calling for Blizzard conditions. I'm thinking I may have to talk to my boss about working only until 11 or so tomorrow and then heading home. We will see what happens. Boss is due to fly out to San Diego tomorrow, hope her flight makes it out.

Genny
February 19th, 2014, 03:46 PM
So far here in Southern Iowa looks like tomorrow mainly rain and possibly a couple inches of snow, but northern Iowa is in a blizzard warning.

CountryHut
February 19th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Thank you for sharing your snow pic's . . . living in the south - I welcome the pic's of the snow :)

I've been busy with LLC yearly renewal/paperwork and I had to get up and shut the sliding glass door -
the A/C came on . . *ugh*~ . . .

dang . . now that I've gotten up out of my biz chair - now I want something to eat - and it's to early for dinner *ugh ugh*~

Simply Quilting
February 19th, 2014, 04:52 PM
It looks pretty. We have had warm temperatures so everything is muddy and water puddles everywhere.

cyndiofthevortex
February 19th, 2014, 04:56 PM
It's snowing here again right now - big fluffy flakes falling at a pretty good clip. Now if I can just have the menfolk get home safely I'll be completely content. I like the snow, it's the icy stuff that scares me to death! They say it's coming later tonight.

Enough is enough might be just around the corner for me...

Annette Ackley
February 19th, 2014, 08:30 PM
They were calling for a mix of snow, rain and freezing rain. At 3 pm it was drizzling a little on the way home from work. The temp. was up to 35 today. I think everyone is sick of the weather. It wouldn't be bad if the sun would shine once in awhile. I'm ready for Spring at least and warmer temperatures...

BobW
February 19th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Well here in Jefferson City, MO it has been warmer the yesterday and today. Yesterday was 65 and today 55. Most of our snow is gone, except where it has been pushed up into piles by the snowplows. I agree that winter should be over. I'm ready for spring.

I do have to admit, I retired a year ago January and the snow is prettier when you don't have to get out in it.

PeggyM
February 19th, 2014, 10:55 PM
It is pretty to look at, but since I live alone I'm in charge of the removal. I've been researching property in Belize.

BellasQuilts
February 19th, 2014, 11:18 PM
All unwanted snow may be forwarded to the Sierras in California. We have plenty of room and will gladly accept any and all snow donations.

nonnietomany
February 20th, 2014, 12:49 AM
82 degrees here in South Texas and the next 10 days are in the 70's and high 60's. We don't get snow and only a few days of freezing nights. Makes my grandkids sad but I'm happy with it. Snow is pretty to look at but cold weather hurts my bones. Hoping spring comes early for all of you in the north and east. Trish

Marty
February 20th, 2014, 07:45 AM
It was 40 and sunny in Michigan yesterday. Expecting more sun today. Hopefully our weather is heading your way.

Renate
February 20th, 2014, 07:49 AM
It seams, all the world has more snow than needed, but here in Switzerland we have almost nothing (besides in some south mountain regions). Not a little bit. This is very special, because normaly we have snow from December till March.

but I hope you don`t mind if I say: I do not miss it

New York Sue
February 20th, 2014, 08:00 AM
It was 40 and sunny in Michigan yesterday. Expecting more sun today. Hopefully our weather is heading your way.
It is, Marty. We're forecasted for warmer weather, but my concern is this.
I live above one of the richest aquifers in the country. We'll NEVER run out of water here!
I'm downstream from a reservoir that feeds NYC, and we have flooded in the past (4.5' in my basement in 2005) from inaccurate predictions of snow melt. Supposedly, they have a better 'formula'.
We'll see.
Did I mention my sewing room is in my basement?...
SIGH.

Sandi Whitford
May 18th, 2014, 10:10 AM
76235 hi everyone.. I am new to the site and thought I would figure out how to work the features by attaching my May 3 picture ...adding to everyone's feeling that this was an awfully long winter. Luckily the snow didn't stay long and it now appears that we are going to get spring!

Sandi Whitford
May 18th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Oops lesson learned...check orientation

WendyI
May 18th, 2014, 01:18 PM
OMIGOSH!! May THIRD?!?! Where the heck do you live?? The Arctic?! I would have needed a straight jacket if that happened here in May!

As for the pic orientation...did you take the pic with your cell? I find that happens when I transfer pics from my cell. I've figured out how to fix it...PM me if you'd like to know what I do.

OH! And WELCOME to the FORUM!!

mommadeb
May 18th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Apparently in NE Iceland, they are not done yet....

https://icelandreview.com/node/74600

SallyO'Sews
May 19th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Apparently in NE Iceland, they are not done yet....

https://icelandreview.com/node/74600

So, I'm guessing that's why they call it Iceland, right? :icon_happy: Looks beautiful. I would love to visit there sometime, but I gotta' say, just looking at all the very long names of things that I have no idea how to pronounce is a bit daunting.

Welcome to the Forum, Sandi! And like Wendy, I'm curious... where do you live?