PDA

View Full Version : Cryosurgery ! Ouch!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 19th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Just left the dermatologist who froze a bunch of icky spots off my body! Those teen age tanning sessions are definitely coming back to haunt me! Only one was really a concern the rest were just ugly! They'll get uglier, no swim suits or strapless dresses for me for a while!

Bubby
February 19th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I hear you, Jean. I had several things frozen off last month at the same time I had the biopsies done. It took 4 weeks for my cold spots to heal and they are pink and purple now. I hope you heal fast. Bacitracin is what my doc recommends.

Vonnie
February 19th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Last year I had a huge one cut out by a plastic surgeon (sp?) on my face. He said the nick name is The Barnacles of Life! It grew so fast I thought it had to be cancer. It was hard, about 1/4 inch deep/thick and about the size of a nickle. It grew like in two months.

All this fun stuff comes with age. Ouch is right. :icon_surprised:

auntiemern
February 19th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Ouch...that is no fun at all. Hope you are a quick healer.

Carol336
February 19th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I had the same thing done yesterday - ouch is right!!!! But Praise God they were benign. Vonnie - barnacles is certainly what they look like - good nick name.

Monique
February 19th, 2014, 01:31 PM
I had several 'age spots' removed off my torso last fall.

Carolyn
February 19th, 2014, 01:50 PM
If we only knew then what we know now! Wish,Wish,Wish that was possible.Personally I would have bought that new Camaro right after high school instead of getting married. Probably would have lasted longer too!

Wwena
February 19th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Ow ow ow was it terribly painful?

Jean Sewing Machine
February 19th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Ow ow ow was it terribly painful?
He said to me, "tell me when you've had enough.". It didn't take long!

Simply Quilting
February 19th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Ouch. Hope you heal quickly and are not in pain.

Blondie
February 19th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Sorry for the pain there Jean. And yeah, if we only knew then what we do now. Glad to hear everything was benign.
Hugs
Blondie

GuitarGramma
February 19th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Owwwiiiieee! I feel for you. I think the same procedure will be in my near future. Not fun, definitely not fun.

HandsOffItsMine
February 19th, 2014, 08:36 PM
(((Jean))) done very gently I promise. I haven't had to have that done yet, even though I was one of those babyoil sunbathers of the 70s. Boy were we ever dumb about that stuff back then!

Hope you feel better soon. Huggers, Ruby

PeggyM
February 19th, 2014, 08:45 PM
If we only knew then what we know now! Wish,Wish,Wish that was possible.Personally I would have bought that new Camaro right after high school instead of getting married. Probably would have lasted longer too!

Hahah! I bought the Camaro and kept it for 7 years! Got rid of it when a car seat wouldn't fit in it.

Ahamblin
February 20th, 2014, 12:51 AM
So sorry. I know how uncomfortable that is. I have that done every six months. The price I pay for growing up in Texas living in the sun.

Monique
February 20th, 2014, 08:53 AM
(((Jean))) done very gently I promise. I haven't had to have that done yet, even though I was one of those babyoil sunbathers of the 70s. Boy were we ever dumb about that stuff back then!

Hope you feel better soon. Huggers, Ruby

I remember those baby oil days. And yeah were we ever DUMB!!