PDA

View Full Version : My little man has gone to the doc

Swedish leo
February 19th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Hi

My Little dog Tico have been pourly. Apparently his anal Glantz have burst. Aouch.

We have been to the vet to day and got medicin so he should be ok in a couple of Days.

But, he look so misserable and sad. Ears and tail are hanging so low.

I feel so sorry for him but take Comfort in the fact that he will soon be fine again.

songbird857
February 19th, 2014, 11:12 AM
awwwww, get better soon Tico :(

JAM
February 19th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Love your papillon, we'll pray that he feels better soon.

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2014, 11:22 AM
DeeOGee says get well:

Swedish leo
February 19th, 2014, 11:48 AM
DeeOGee says get well:

Oh what a cutiepie!

bubba
February 19th, 2014, 11:58 AM
That happened to one of our dogs once. I learned that if you feed them a high quality, hard dog food, it will prevent this from happening. Ours never get soft/canned food and when they go to the groomer, we never have their glands done. There is no reason for it, and they are there for a reason. I know if they do get really bad, sometimes they have to be removed, but ours :knock on wood: that we have now have never had that problem.

dwil23
February 19th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Awww. Our dachshund Roxanne had that happen not too long ago. She healed up just fine and I am sure Tico will too. In the meantime, give him lots of love and hugs.

Simply Quilting
February 19th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Awww.. Hope he feels better soon.

Bubby
February 19th, 2014, 01:04 PM
How miserable for the poor little cutie. I hope he recovers soon. One of my Scotties had to have her glands removed. That was a big deal for a little dog.

Wwena
February 19th, 2014, 02:16 PM
That does sound painful! They will take good care of him though. :) I hope he feels better soon.

Suzette
February 19th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Sorry he had a rough time of it with his anal glands! Poor guy. Some dogs (no matter what you feed them) are more prone to those glands filling up faster and not emptying out as easily as other dogs. So it may or may not be his diet. But . . . you could always have your vet show you how to check and see if the anal glands are filling up and how to express them yourself. It's a bit messy, but with gloves it's really easy, just a bit unpleasant.

easyquilts
February 19th, 2014, 02:34 PM
He 'so do cute..... I know how you feel.... When one of my babies is sick, I 'm miserable. Hope he feels better soon.