PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday

Blondie
February 19th, 2014, 07:18 AM

Hello Folksies!

It's Wednesday morning. Rise and Shine. Or perhaps, sip a bit of cuppa and snooze some more? Not for this chickie. I rise with the chickens and hit the hay when dark comes - at least in the winter.

Now y'all know that I have the bestest husband in the whole wide world of Rockingham County, NC, USA. My Luscious is the most considerate man - he brings me coffee each morning, tells me how cute he thinks I am (but not before my coffee) - in general he treats me better than I really deserve. Did I just say that? I mean, I know I deserve to be happy and all that - who doesn't? And I actually do feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have the kind of fella that I do. I am happy for me. I think he is as cute as a button and have even been known to tell him that I would pay good money just to look at him. We have lots in common. We love our family, our country and the Good Lord above. We like to listen to Stevie Ray Vaughn, Third Day and The Marshall Tucker Band and like to watch Finding Bigfoot on Animal Planet. I really can't complain.

There's nothing really to complain about.

His Momma raised him right. He is the oldest and was in charge of all the other little guys (but I got the pick of the litter). He had to keep the house clean so when Momma came home from work, there would be a clean house and something cooking on the stove. My Luscious is right handy with making greasy spoon food. You know, the kind that makes a return visit a few hours later as a reminder of how good it was? I thanked his Momma on more than one occasion for the good job she did raising him. She told me, she said - He always was too easy. Wellsir, he still is (and so am I). Which is another thing we have in common. See, I really have nothing to complain about.

I mean, he even does dishes without any prompting on my part. I sometimes think he does them out of desparation because generally when I have finished cooking and serving dinner, I disappear for a short while down to Mom's or Sis's or Josh's and then sometimes when I come home I forget about doing the dishes or I might would say, Shucks, I can do dishes in the morning - even though I despise getting up to a dirty kitchen. See, Luscious and I have that in common as well. So, occasionally he will wash a plate or two. He never does the pots and pans. To which I would say but I don't - Fiddle dee dee! What's a few dishes compared to what it took to cook it all in?! For goodness sakes, Luscious. It would be so much easier if YOU washed the stinking sticky HEAVY pots and skillets and let me wash the silverware and dishes. So,.in summation, I really have nothing to complain about. I am the luckiest gal I know and he knows it too! I mean how many husbands know how to do laundry without running colors together? Now if I could just get him to do those stinking pots and pans . . . or perhaps we should just buy a dishwasher?? I really can't complain.

Smile today and do what I just did - remind yourself of how very blessed you are today. Be sure and follow my lead and tell those you love just how much and why. And then you can write down complaints like I did and see how very silly it sounds compared to the blessings. Am I right? You know I am.
Blessings to all.

Now that made you smile, didn't it???

EnumclawGramma
February 19th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Yes Blondie, that made me smile! You always make me smile!!!

Good Morning! I'm up and sorta at'em. I've got yoga today so I want to get some things done beforehand. DGD is off school this week and I promised her if there's something fun she wants to do........after yoga is the time and I'm all in!

Yesterday I trained for my volunteer job. I'm rusty. And that's all I'm gonna say about that. It'll get better. I'm smart and I can do this. Right? Next Tuesday is day 2 of training. It'll be fun. Hospital gift shop, how could it NOT be?

Rain and lots more rain. It's not snow, I won't complain!

I started on the zipper quilt....just for funnins. It's a good one and I think it'll turn out cute. If so, I'll post a pic.

Gotta get! Hugs/Prayers..........and a thankful heart for all my quilty friends!

Bubby
February 19th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Morning,

I have a real keeper, too. Jeff was a bachelor all his life and he knows how to do everything from cooking to cleaning and laundry plus outdoor chores and repairs. He's a fabulous man and sweet to the bone and a hunk to boot....lol! I really wish we could have had children together because he would have been a terrific Dad.

I don't feel as well today as I did yesterday, so I'm slowing things down a little today if that's possible. I think it's the meds that are making me feel yucky. I have 4 more days to take them and then I'll know. Dot & Olive are pestering me for their breakfast already.

Wishing everyone a great day. I'll be holding down the fort in my corner.

EmmaB
February 19th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Good Wednesday morning!

DD called me yesterday afternoon to let me know she is about 48 days away from having all her hours for cosmetology. It has been a long road for her so I was thrilled with this news. Looks like we will be doing some supply shopping this weekend to get her ready to take the state boards. She showed me the list this past weekend and I didn't realize she would need so much! Yikes!

Woke up with a smidge of a headache this morning but it seems to be going away as I putter around the house this morning. Sometime during the night, we must have had a loud clap of thunder because I woke up not to the sound of the thunder, but to the sound of my Emma Dog scrambling to get under my bed. Bless her bones, I just picked her up and put her in bed with me.

Expecting a high of 57 today and tomorrow high in the 60's which will bring possible thunderstorms. So strange that last week we had temps well below freezing. All I know is I'm going to soak up every bit of the warmth as I can!!!

Have a fantabulous Wednesday everyone!

buckeyequilter
February 19th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Good morning......

Feels like spring is in the air, 42 this morning. There is still a lot of snow around and will be for some time but I can deal with that as long as the roads are clear and the temps are decent.

I have a wonderful hubby, he helps with all the household stuff.....cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping and whatever needs done. We each do our own laundry.

I found a couple of rulers that I lost and needed for my spiderweb quilt. I am going to try to get the top finished this month, it is my February UFO. I think it will be a lap quilt for me.

I AM SO READY FOR

Monique
February 19th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Good morning friends. Blondie you are lucky indeed. I too have a wonderful husband, although he is not too handy. He is booksmart but not nerdy. I usually fix things around here. He can cook, I have seen it at the camp, and he can clean, I have seen it at the camp. He does keep his living room clean. He collects anything silver and he is very good at keeping up with dust.

No work today. I do have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning and I will work Friday afternoon. Yesterday I decided not to attend the retreat in March and will work instead. I am needed in Shawville and it is hard to pass up a week's worth of work. I was asked to work the following week which is March break but I am having Maizyn for the week and that I will not cancel.

I just saw today that March 9, we spring forward. SPRING is coming folks.

Have a wonderful day friends.

Granny Judy
February 19th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Got my smile going this morning.. our two "rescued" dogs are laying quietly by my feet waiting for a special "treat". They are so predictable. But I did teach them to lay down and be quiet THEN I'd give them a treat. Which is now an every day event!! Who would have imagined how quickly they would catch on and perform this feat daily...??

did a bit of sewing yesterday evening.. got MY chores done and enjoyed a short walk out of doors. Love the warmer temps and surely feel much better by getting some fresh air. "Got the stink blowed off me."

Hugs to all...

quiltingtrish
February 19th, 2014, 10:56 AM
The cleaning, washing (he did it one time (ONE TIME!) years ago and ruined one (ONLY ONE) of my sweaters in 27 years, dusting, cooking, etc is only done by me. He does, however, know how to build a completely new room from putting in new walls, ceiling, lights, shelves, etc. for me. He also know how to build a beautiful, double-sized new deck. Put in a sidewalk and steps, keeps the driveway cleaned off from all these thousands of inches of snow we've gotten this winter. (Can ya tell I am ready for Spring?) Today it's all ice though and I am off which means a sewing day for me! Had to put that in there. He also made an extra bedroom in the basement with heat included for one of the boys. He works on the vehicles and does all of our oil changes, wiper blade changes, checks our tires, etc. Mows the grass, takes care of the leaves, and plants the flowers.
I think I'll keep him awhile longer.

Yep, another day off for us here in central PA. This is our 6th day off this year - very unusual. Only 2 of them are calculated into the calendar for makeup and the others are tacked on to the rest of the year. Doesn't bother me a bit as I am glad they aren't taking the chance for the students and buses in these messes. Today it's all ice all morning. I will be keeping an eye on the roads as DS #2 is to come for an afternoon dentist appointment. That means an hour and a half from college and up here through the mountains. I can always cancel it for him if things don't clear up and give him my appointment sometime in April. I keep giving my appointments away. First it was for Katie since she was only home for 10 days and perfect timing for her to get her teeth cleaned. Now, for him. I am glad it works out for them.

So, I will be sewing today. The first real day I will be down in my new quilt room to sew. Photos later. I know I've said that before but it takes me awhile to figure out how to get them off my phone and onto the computer and all the rest of the steps.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe. Looks like that ice is going to hit a lot of the east coast.

Hugs,

Shirley
February 19th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Good morning everyone !
I don't have a thing to complain about. So very blessed, a wonderful man, 2 great daughters and 2 very sweet granddaughters and a loyal dog.
Weather here has been warmer- yesterday it was 71. Wow! It wont last tho, starting to cool off today. I was able to clean up my nasty looking car and vacuum the insides.
I'm wishing the cleaning fairy would drop by today and do a little work. I want to work on my quilt. Can't seem to find time for both.
I'm off to a Drs. appt this morning, then home to quilt.
Have a good day everyone.

MayinJerset
February 19th, 2014, 11:07 AM
We've been married 59 years so I guess DH is a keeper too. He was never really big with household stuff until recent years as I had to slow down due to advanced arthritis in one of my knees. I wash the clothes, put his in a big laundry basket and he puts his clothes away. I run the dishwasher during the night, he usually empties it while he waiting for the morning coffee to brew. We do big food shopping together, I give him some items to get, he's great with cold cuts, paper products and things he likes for breakfast and snacks. He sits in the pharmacy area reading a magazine until I'm ready to check out and carries the bags into the house while we both put stuff away, so we've reached a happy medium. Down side is I do all the cooking, believe me that's best for both of us. He'll cook dinner if I'm not feeling well, opens 2 cans of Progresso Chicarina soup and he is done.

DS#1 was over for dinner last night and brought me a walker that was his late FIL"s. What a blessing as I can walk normally and so much faster with it. I've been using a cane for the past few years but with a pulled leg muscle on top of arthritis I need more stability when walking. I have held off getting a walker mainly because now I have to admit I'm handicapped. Going to give the walker a try outdoors later this afternoon.

Had to come back and add he has done all the snow removing, mostly with a big snow blower but I would have been stuck indoors all these weeks if I was alone here. I used to do part of the snow removal, cleaned off the cars and used a small electric blower to clear path to front door and small stuff left on the driveway. but can't do it any longer. (wonder, do they have snow walkers?) Thoughts about moving to a community setting have passed both of our minds this Winter but the thought of down sizing has keep those thoughts from going too much further.

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Blondie is definitely the only one of us over the age of __ who can say she still gets a little quiche in the morning.

MRoy
February 19th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Good morning! Blondie, you're a lucky lady. My DH is a cattle farmer who thinks anything to be done in the yard or in the house is the wife's domain. He might know how to do it, but he's not going to as long as I'm able. He was raised to think that way so it's not all his fault. But he's a hard worker who's good at what he does, on the go from way before daylight until after dark.

A small department store in the next county is going out of business and their sale starts today. They have a good selection of fabric and notions so I'm going over today to see what I can find. We had thunder last night...."Thunder in February means frost in May". Happy Hump Day!

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2014, 11:38 AM
So hard to be upbeat and happy this morning. Last night Al's smart phone beeped the alarm of another Amber Alert. This morning we learned the little 10YO from Springfield, MO, has been found murdered. Suspect in custody. Saddens me beyond belief.

Also, two 16YO students broke into their school near here, early Monday morning, stealing, damaging, leaving grafitti . . . what is wrong with people?

Last night Al and I were out for a quick dinner and a young girl (probably 8-9) stood right next to me and screamed "Dad, I gotta go pee!" right in my ear. I promptly told her to not yell in my ear and Dad (who was right there) never said a word. What's wrong with "I'm sorry."

I think I'll dig a hole next to Country Club Phil for the day. Either that or quit reading or listening to the news.

jsmetcalf
February 19th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone! Blondie, I agree. Count your blessings daily...and sometimes our biggest blessings are sitting right in front of us and we don't acknowledge them the way we should. In the midst of a hectic day, I sometimes forget that I am blessed because I am the Mom of 3, step-Mom to 5, MIL to 8, Nana to 11, Farm-Mom of 64, and wife of 1 terrific husband! He can build anything and has helped restore our 105 year old farmhouse, tends to the garden and all the animals, and cooks a mean shrimp and grits. He's always willing to help out with whatever needs to be done...though I still fall into the trap of "sometimes it's easier to do it myself." He's smart (he actually thinks that the time spent in trigonometry was useful)... and loving (sent me flowers for Valentines Day and then treated me to dinner)... and let's me watch my fair share of useless TV, doesn't complain when I spend hours in the sewing room and rarely laughs at me when I do yoga.
During my quiet time each morning, I thank God for the blessing of my family.
Have a blessed day.
Judy

dwil23
February 19th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Good Morning, all!

Sandy that is certainly terrible news - I just don't know what makes people do those things. Well, yes, I guess I do know who makes them do those kind of things. Saying prayers for her family.

As someone who was married for 28 years to someone who would NOT lift a finger and was perfectly content to sit around and watch TV 24/7 while I worked 12 hours a day and 6-7 days a week for years, let me congratulate all of you on your guys. They all sound like keepers and believe me when I say, they just don't make them like that anymore!

Granny Judy, did I miss that you adopted two doggies? If so, congrats and a big Thank You! for rescuing them. What kind are they?

This is my Friday evening - going to spend it running a few errands (JoAnn has a big sale I will check out) and then to the new house for an afternoon of painting. Got there yesterday to find my washer had filled completely to overflowing and it was running out of the laundry room into my new quilting room.

Have a Blessed Day and as Blondie said - count your Blessings!

auntiemern
February 19th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Morning all. I was smiling from ear to ear until I got to Sandy's post about the little girl. Senseless and heartbreaking. I will never be able to figure out why these people do things like this. So very sad. The world has become such a scary place for anyone with children or grand children. I pray daily for the safety of mine.
As you may have read in my post, today is the day I go for my first post cancer CT. Prayers would be appreciated. Hugs and blessings to all.
Blondie, you always make me smile.

Jean Sewing Machine
February 19th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Sandy, such sad news about the little girl. Marilyn, praying for a good report for you, girlfriend! Blondie, so glad you have Luscious in your life! I miss my man, we would have celebrated our 50th this year But I lost him 8 years ago.

Finished quilting.my X and O quilt last night . I had a dermatologist appt this morning, But I hope to bind it this afternoon and make some shams for it. Burning from the burning off of things that grew out of my body. The sun that we love to worship sure plays havoc on our skin, especially us old folks!

Have a great day!

Simply Quilting
February 19th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I have a great guy who works hard. He works 6 days a week and still helps me with the children and housework. He is currently working on repairing the garage door opener - the cable broke.

My plans for the day include organizing fabric that I bought yesterday. I went through Hamilton to go see my Mom yesterday as I wanted to stop at the M*. The children have some projects that they would like me to do and I wanted to pick up some charm packs and fabric to make some more skirts for our youngest. I did one skirt with charm packs and it was so quick and easy I want to make some more. It is a lot cheaper than buying skirts and for sure the skirts are longer.

I had seen the Amber Alert yesterday for the girl then this morning, my husband showed me the report where they had found the girl. It just makes me sick to my stomach.

lilmouse
February 19th, 2014, 02:20 PM
I sure can tell that I am thinking spring...spent part of my tax return at Hobby Lobby yesterday and everything is either blue and yellow and green or varying shades of all three.....yeah...definitely thinking spring! Good luck Marilyn and yeah...only Blondie still getting quiche first thing in the morning

Blondie
February 19th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Sandy, I am wondering if this is the story I head on the news this morning about a 10 year old being abducted from her front yard? I suppose I need to go check it out online. I despise watching the news. Why is it only crappola makes the news headlines? Not that people should not be informed but honestly, if I weren't such a happy person, I would be depressed after the morning news and indigestion after the dinner news. I truly keep the news to a minimum. Luscious can watch all he wants and I will keep my head in the sand. My heart is so sore over the evil that dwells in the hearts of so many.

And Sandy, what part of quiche did you misunderstand? lol

Sandy Navas
February 19th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Anyone who gets up all bubbly has to be having some quiche now and again.