PDA

View Full Version : For Handsome Ryan and other parents of young children:

dwil23
February 18th, 2014, 10:21 PM
This is from Facebook, but thought it was a sweet idea!

https://www.facebook.com/929theBULL/photos/a.394348626871.171871.359093871871/10151970202131872/?type=1

If you don't have facebook, it suggests that when your kids are born, set up an email account for them and over the years send them messages, pictures and scans of important documents. Then on their 18th birthday, give them the password. I would also add to leave it in writing or your will "just in case" something happens to you.

Not a bad idea for grandparents, either! How sweet would it be to write "I remember when"...stories and send to grandchildren and what a treasure for them when they are older.

GuitarGramma
February 18th, 2014, 10:43 PM
What great idea! Technology continues to make our lives better and better.

yeeehawterri
February 18th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I've done that for both my grandsons. Its so easy to forget some of the funny things they say and do. So I email them things they say and did, and pics, somewhat like a journal.

auntiemern
February 19th, 2014, 12:11 AM
What a cool idea.

Grandma G
February 19th, 2014, 01:04 AM
It is so easy to forget the funny moments of our children and grandchildren's lives. My grandson, Aiden, who is now 8 has said some of the funniest things I have ever heard. I created a document in Word where I jot down some of the things he has said. I always make sure I put the date down, too. I call the document "Aidenisms". I plan to give it to him when he is older. And if I don't happen to be around when he is a young adult then his dad knows where to find it. Actually, my thought process is to add a photo taken about the time that he made each clever remark and add the text next to it. Of course, this is provided that I still have enough brain cells left to create the book at that point. Will probably send to Shutterfly or one of those sites that creates photo books.

I've done that for both my grandsons. Its so easy to forget some of the funny things they say and do. So I email them things they say and did, and pics, somewhat like a journal.

bubba
February 19th, 2014, 02:42 AM
I think it's an interesting idea too. I read several comments people made about it, both for and against, and I can understand why they say the things they do. Some think it's better to spend the time w/the child making them their own special book about the things they did, so not only will they remember that, but also the time spent doing it with you. Others felt it was quite ingenious and a great time saver. I can see why they are either very for or very against it....but isn't that the way it always it?

HandsomeRyan
February 19th, 2014, 03:39 PM
I've written Sawyer several letters but I keep physical copies of them rather than doing it digitally. The letters started when he was just "baby" because we didn't know his gender or name yet.

GinnyKNC
February 19th, 2014, 03:53 PM
I've actually done this for my granddaughter :) I think it will be an interesting thing for her to look back on.

dwil23
February 19th, 2014, 09:30 PM
I've written Sawyer several letters but I keep physical copies of them rather than doing it digitally. The letters started when he was just "baby" because we didn't know his gender or name yet.

Being a scrapbooker at heart, I much prefer the hard copy letters. I just know that so many young parents today are so tied to everything digital and techie that many won't make an actual scrapbook and this would be an alternative for them. Kudos to you for doing that for him - keep up the good work!