PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning Blues

MayinJerset
February 17th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Wish I had someplace important to go today as I really am getting cabin fever with all this snow and ice keeping me indoors so much. Several days of snow/rain expected this week and temps in low 40's so I hope that's warm enough to melt it all away. Wanted to visit my sister in Brooklyn for a quilting session but their streets are awful, snow piled along the curbs so no place to park. They do have a shared driveway with house next door, it goes between their houses but is so narrow and if we park there we can't open our car door to get out of the car.

Better work on my quilt for guild's show. I made one full Bethlehem Star and thought I needed 4 quarters of one star to finish the quilt pattern. Wrong, I had the number 4 right but I need to make 4 almost complete stars, actually 3 quarters of each star to go around the full star in the middle. Hope this photo explains it more clearly. Not a great photo as I took it off a Utube tutorials68717.

Bubby
February 17th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Jeff is off work today for Washington's birthday. It's another frigid morning. I'm surprised at how much ice we have left. I think we had more of a layer than I thought.

I'm not sure what we will do today. We had a busy day yesterday in Cuba. When we got home there was a message on our phone that one of our units had been vandalized. Our tenant caught the kid who did it and took him home to his Mom. He broke out a patio door ($600 to replace) and two windows ($348 to replace). The parents of this boy are former tenants who left on negative terms. The chance of getting any type of restitution without going to court is slim to none.

I'm getting excited about sewing again. I have been working a little on Jeff's Double Slice. What a fun pattern to work with.

My infection seems to be a little better but my doctor still wants me to have a scan to make sure I don't have a tumor. I will have to call to set up a time. This has been a real rough patch for me. It's almost over with and now I can hopefully go forward healthy and energized.

I'm off to feed some hungry Scottie girls who think they will die if they don't get food right now. They can really cry a sad tune.

Wishing everyone a good Monday...let's make that a great Monday!!

Jean Sewing Machine
February 17th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Good morning all! We woke up to a thunderclap, rain, which froze on contact with the streets and sidewalks. Luckily the kids are off today, or I am sure they'd be with me. I have several quilt projects to work on, so I'm content to stay in til it melts later. We have promises of 50-60 degree weather later this week, that will be very welcome!

Hope you all have a great day!

Sandy Navas
February 17th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Barb, I know how to get in touch with Judge Judy!

buckeyequilter
February 17th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Good morning....

Taking a quick break and thought I'd stop in and see what everyone is planning for today.

I think we're supposed to get some snow tonight and then someone else just told me freezing rain too....if we get the freezing rain I will not drive on it. I used to when I was younger but now....nope!!

Has anyone seen my 5" square ruler and my wacky web template?? I can't seem to locate them. I guess that's what I'll look for tonight. If I find them I'm going to work on my spiderweb quilt - that is my UFO challenge project for February.

Well I need to get back to work...have a great day! Prayers and hugs

GinnyKNC
February 17th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Good Morning! Well I have off for one job today but not the second one :( I'm off to my diabetes follow up appointments this morning and wanted to stop in first and say Good Morning.
I didn't get a chance to sew at all this past weekend :( It was a very busy weekend around here.
Blessing & Hugs to all and prayers to those in need.
Happy quilting

Granny Judy
February 17th, 2014, 11:56 AM
It's suppose to do a weather thing here, then start warming up.. by Wednesday we will be in the 40's & then 50's. No freezing temps at night, either.. Wow!! I even saw a Robin at the feeder out back. another WOW.... Maybe Spring is gonna make it after all.

Heading out the door this afternoon for a birthday get together for the other MOM of this clan. Nope she hasn't told anyone how old she is.. but she is older than me. That's OK.. Us ladies have our rights and don't have to tell our age if we don't wanna... It's her first birthday as a widow, so all 5 of her children & spouses are getting together with her..(plus me.)

Hope everyone stays warm, safe and happy today. Hugs to all.

BellasQuilts
February 17th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Good morning all. Got the day off today - Yay! Few errands to run then hopefully some sewing. No rain in sight for us. Not good for food prices which are going to skyrocket since farmers can't plant crops they can't water. DD is in bed with a bad migraine; DH just leaving for work. Hugs to all and prayers for them as need them!

auntiemern
February 17th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Kiddo's spent the night cuz DD had to go in very early. I guess I will wait til this after noon to sandwich my second benefit quilt. I love how this one turned out. Supposed to help DS with her BF taxes today too. Not sure what the weather is doing out there. It doesn't look good. Hugs and Blessings for all. Prayers for those in need.