PDA

View Full Version : I'm back ;)

RiverMomm
February 16th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I have been lurking about for a few days. Last spring I packed up my sewing/quilting because we were moving. We had a lot of folks walking through the old house we were renting to view it and finally I decided my messy quilting style wasn't a perfect mix for showing the house (ggeeezzzze, threads everywhere . . . always! I am such a messy quilter).

Then we moved to a nice, warm house that is less than 10 years old. Let me tell you, it is so nice to live in a house that is in this century. And a good move in terms of winter-it's warm! And much less snow shovelling, which as you all know, has been important this snowy year. I will miss the lake but NOT the work that went with it.

I still haven't set up my sewing room. I need to do it. I am trying. It's just not happening . . . yet. The move made me realize just how much fabric I have. Mind you, while I haven't been quilting, I somehow still find myself buying fabric. sigh.

So, what HAVE I been doing? Here it goes-in no particular order.

my nails-yep, for the last 6 months, I have done my nails and hey, even my toe nails.
reading
watching things online (my newest love is Downton Abbey)
visiting my children (which means visiting my grandchildren . . . notice the plural there?)
welcoming my newest grandson in January
getting to know my hubby again (empty nest is pretty great once you get over the shock of it)
becoming a Canadian citizen (still American too)
learning windows 8 (not there yet) my computer died in the move so a new one with windows 8 arrived.
learning iphone 5s (getting there but still a long ways to go before I know what I am doing)
setting up Bluetooth speakers for music . . . even in the bathroom CAUSE this house has a great tub.
taking bubble baths
oh, bought a serger and a new little machine (darn you Amazon and your lightening deals)
hemming pants for my old neighbors because they finally figured out I knew how.
learning how to play a little guitar called the Merlin. . . considering buying a real guitar.
before the snow came, sitting in my swing in the back yard -reading, listening to books, music, painting my nails.
watching the snow fall-we have over three feet sitting here-it just won't go away (going to be a wet mushy spring LOL)

I haven't been busy. I have been playing around at not doing anything. I sort of like it. ;) But, the quilting bug is getting hard to resist.

Hope everyone here is happy, healthy and enjoying their quilting bug. Nice to visit a place where everyone has the same illness . . . ummm I mean hobby.

GrammaBabs
February 16th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Vicky.. sound wonderful.. I've been retired for quite a while living in a comm ... we all say,, when did we find time to work,, doing so many of the things that just make our hearts sing.. and enjoying life,, our home was ready for another "update" so moved here with all new 11 yrs back... enjoy... it's our time!! hugs, B

Monique
February 16th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Vicky, it is nice to have you back.

pcbatiks
February 16th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Hey Vicky........so glad you're back! Congrats on your newest grandbaby! I agree empty nest is great.......once you get over the shock of it!! Sounds like you have been busy.........hope it won't be too long before you are quilting again. Congratulations on your hew place. Don't be a stranger here.......okay. :)